Home

For those enjoying the game

This is a discussion on For those enjoying the game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
For those enjoying the game

Seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding Madden, and around here it's normal. I'm guilty, I can't say I have never said anything bad, check my infractions

(It's long, but there is a point...I promise)

Looking back to my younger years (I'm 36, so not too far back) I have played football, and enjoyed it while having a lot less. Madden 06 on OG Xbox to me was the last great Madden, and I would be playing that if there was a roster update for it. I played over 200 games, and I know that cause I found my journal tracking my QB's stats, game records etc etc. I had to put up with Madden 07-13, and those years were a struggle when I stop, and really think about. Yet, I still played over 100 franchise games year after year. I found ways to enjoy the game, get players on my team in the HOF, and see how many SB's I can win in a realistic coach time frame. I never stopped and looked at the yearly stats, player stats, never knew how many snaps you were supposed to realisitcly have in a game. Never thought about how many rushing rushing yards or td passes a QB should really have in a year. Never thought about anything but playing, having fun, and being challanged...until I found OS.

It's both a blessing and a curse to have found OS. I love this site, have had some amazing in depth conversations with people, and have contributed for other games to make sure everyone has a great experience. I came here looking for Rosters, off a Google search. That's where I found that there was issues with Madden that year, and the year after and the year after. Don't get me wrong, I am glad it was pointed out, but it seems everyone comes on here to complain more about what's wrong, versus what is great.

There is so much negativity on here for this franchise, that it really turns off those that are actually enjoying the game from posting. I am, because I'm a simple man, that wants to play football. I have played probably like 6 games so far on 22, and can't really say much except supersim and progressive fatigue is broken.

I enjoy the strategy involved, presnap reading the defense, learning their tendencies. Writing down their per down tendencies that I see when game planing to try, and guess what may be coming on a said down, in hopes of exploiting them. I am even playing defense this year, to try and negate the effects of the still broken supersim. Yeah, I got torched by Derek Carr for 450 yards, but I held them to 25 rushing yards, and 14 points. I even took a stab at playing as a safety, and you know what? I picked off Carr!

That may not seem like much to many, but it goes back to my comments about enjoying the simple stuff, stuff that makes you come back for more, to learn more, and get better. I found myself keeping track of Drew Locks career stats, like I did my players stats in Madden 06.

After trying those few new things, I realized that I found myself getting entrenched into the bad, worrying about realistic stats, snap counts, trades, FA signings, contracts etc etc. Some of that is important, but what has happened in the last few years, nothing is off limits. Many gamers here want a reflection of the NFL, I respect that, but many of us want something different, OUR way.

I vowed to stay out of the bugs/glitches thread unless I need to post something, or to search and see if someone else has had the same issue. This way if something is broken, I WILL discover it, as many of the issues over the years don't affect me.

To wrap this up, have fun, don't sweat the small stuff. You want real? Become a billionaire and buy your own team

Rant over lol

Those that are enjoying the game, comment about what is keeping you going!

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 08-21-2021 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: For those enjoying the game

I'm a 2k fanboy. I'll admit it. I've been called an EA basher on these boards multiple times the the last few years. I strolled buying Madden annually 10 or so years ago. I generally always stuck with NCAA 14 and APF 2k8 to get my football fix.

Madden 21 Next Gen was a great step forward for the franchise. Madden 22 Next Gen is yet another and I cannot wait for the scouting update and a few other things to get ironed out so that I can get deep into a franchise.

Madden 22 is the best EA football game of all time on the field in my opinion and if they can fix a few issues with the gameplay on and off the field it will be one of the best football games of all time for me.

I actually find myself looking forward to playing the game when I'm not home. That hasn't happened with an EA football game since the NCAA days and even then it was the college experience that brought me back constantly, not the wacky gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 08-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I like to hear it all. Good and bad. As long as it is honest and not made personal against others here or individual game developers let it rip.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

This year it’s pretty much a whole lotta complaining from a few people about a small number of things. (All really minor or easily patched)

EA can’t win for trying. They should have just scrapped old gen so people would stop complaining about missing features and held off release a few weeks so they could release a patched game with the Scouting upgrade.

Then again these people would still complain because it’s the cool thing to do and people like getting affirmation from strangers. Yet…they’ll all be having fun playing all the while.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:14 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

My friends and I, back during our Tecmo Bowl years (NES), would run seasons and keep track of stats. We'd organize the league among the three of us, and we'd plan who played what during the season (including CPU teams), then have a playoffs, etc.

Right now, I'm not playing franchise mode as someone who is a HUGE franchise guy. I'm just playing games and waiting for a patch to fix things. It'll get fixed, but I'm having a lot of fun with games themselves.

Gambo, if EA didn't have a "last gen" version, such as on PC, someone like me wouldn't be playing right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 05:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am 35…. Have loved video game football for 25+ years! I’ve felt a void ever since NCAA 14. While I go back every year and start a dynasty with that, and thankfully it has been refreshed thanks to the CFR folks and others here, it’s still 2 hardware generations old.

Having said all that, I haven’t tried Madden since “Madden25”. I AM LOVING THIS GAME though. Bought it to finally have a true “next gen” game to play and boy I’m glad I did. It’s great to play with Tom Brady and then Sam Darnold and have it feel night and day (does for me anyway). Only 8 short years ago with NCAA 14, speed was really the only determining factor to differentiate the QB position. This is just one example.

Bugs will always be in video games. It’s a video game lol. But I would argue that if EA continues in this direction…. Things are looking UP. And man…. I CANNOT FREEKIN WAIT FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL (whatever year)!
Old 08-21-2021, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill25
I am 35…. Have loved video game football for 25+ years! I’ve felt a void ever since NCAA 14. While I go back every year and start a dynasty with that, and thankfully it has been refreshed thanks to the CFR folks and others here, it’s still 2 hardware generations old.

Having said all that, I haven’t tried Madden since “Madden25”. I AM LOVING THIS GAME though. Bought it to finally have a true “next gen” game to play and boy I’m glad I did. It’s great to play with Tom Brady and then Sam Darnold and have it feel night and day (does for me anyway). Only 8 short years ago with NCAA 14, speed was really the only determining factor to differentiate the QB position. This is just one example.

Bugs will always be in video games. It’s a video game lol. But I would argue that if EA continues in this direction…. Things are looking UP. And man…. I CANNOT FREEKIN WAIT FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL (whatever year)!

I’m also finding myself enjoying the wonder that is next gen football. I loved the 2K games back and the day as well as the PS2 Maddens. Sure, I have my frustrations on legacy issues with gameplay or the occasional glitchy moments. But, I also find myself in absolute awe of what is happening on my screen most of the time. I never would have imagined games like this when I was in elementary school. I always try to keep perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Feel bad for the guy who said he hasn’t touched Madden since 2004.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »