Home

Sun sets too early during west coast games.

This is a discussion on Sun sets too early during west coast games. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

OVR: 3

It's not really a bug, just overlooked. If the game starts at 4:00 pm eastern then that would be 1:00 pm pacific. There is no way the sun should be setting in the 3rd quarter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2021, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sun sets too early during west coast games.

LOL come on man!
Old 08-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock0413
It's not really a bug, just overlooked. If the game starts at 4:00 pm eastern then that would be 1:00 pm pacific. There is no way the sun should be setting in the 3rd quarter.

You are 100% correct. If the game was for PC, we could use the Franchise Editor to just change the kickoff times, which solves that problem.

Here's how to get them to change it:

POLITELY point it out on twitter, using comparison of screen shots at kickoff for real life and the game. Do this with multiple accounts (yeah, lame, I know), and get fans of your team on the fan website to do so as well. Suggest that they just alter the kick off time to earlier in the day (I'd prefer a wrong clock graphic than a wrong sun set time).

This is how we got them to move the position of the sun at Levi's stadium. It's also how we got them to put in gold helmets for the 49ers.

Some accounts you can tweet about it:

@Equipment_Guru
@ClintOldenburg
@DueceDoglas
@EA_White

@SGraddyEA
@EAMaddenNFL)

Again, be polite. Mention that it's a 3 PM sunset. Same thing with night games. The sun should still be out at kickoff, and it should just begin to set early in the game. It shouldn't be dark until after half time for night games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
LOL come on man!

It's authenticity, man. And they'll change it if enough people mention it. We got them to fix the sunlight direction in Levi's stadium. I don't see why they wouldn't fix this too, if enough people politely bring it up.

For the last game at Candlestick Park, I paid several hundred extra dollars to get a seat on the side where the sun would reflect off the helmets, because that's the view I'd seen on TV my whole life. It matters. It matters to super NFL fans, even if doesn't matter to the yoloswag comp crowd.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-19-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You are 100% correct. If the game was for PC, we could use the Franchise Editor to just change the kickoff times, which solves that problem.

Here's how to get them to change it:

POLITELY point it out on twitter, using comparison of screen shots at kickoff for real life and the game. Do this with multiple accounts (yeah, lame, I know), and get fans of your team on the fan website to do so as well. Suggest that they just alter the kick off time to earlier in the day (I'd prefer a wrong clock graphic than a wrong sun set time).

This is how we got them to move the position of the sun at Levi's stadium. It's also how we got them to put in gold helmets for the 49ers.

Some accounts you can tweet about it:

@Equipment_Guru
@ClintOldenburg
@DueceDoglas
@EA_White

@SGraddyEA
@EAMaddenNFL)

Again, be polite. Mention that it's a 3 PM sunset. Same thing with night games. The sun should still be out at kickoff, and it should just begin to set early in the game. It shouldn't be dark until after half time for night games.

It's authenticity, man. And they'll change it if enough people mention it. We got them to fix the sunlight direction in Levi's stadium. I don't see why they wouldn't fix this too, if enough people politely bring it up.

For the last game at Candlestick Park, I paid several hundred extra dollars to get a seat on the side where the sun would reflect off the helmets, because that's the view I'd seen on TV my whole life. It matters. It matters to super NFL fans, even if doesn't matter to the yoloswag comp crowd.
Wrong. First of all wtf is “yolo comp crowd”? Are you referring to the dopy goofs on YouTube? I’m confused. I want madden to be a real as possible. So, take your ignorant comment somewhere else.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
Wrong. First of all wtf is “yolo comp crowd”? Are you referring to the dopy goofs on YouTube? I’m confused. I want madden to be a real as possible. So, take your ignorant comment somewhere else.

I feel like he gave you a completely reasonable civilized reply. He just stated his opinion. I don’t know who needs to hear this but it’s okay to disagree with somebody and respect their opinion at the same time. How you tellin somebody they have a wrong opinion? Dang man

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 08-19-2021 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

I didn't feel that "lol, come on man!" was directed at me. If it was, I don't feel that game start times being off by 3 hours is that nitpicky. I just wanted awareness and the hope that its corrected.

I did tweet clint, but it most likely will go unnoticed.

Last edited by hock0413; 08-19-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:58 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Wait, so you are selecting 4pm as your start time for west coast games? I would imagine that means 4pm Pacific time wouldn't it?

If you mean in franchise, then I would think 4pm for west coast games would mean 4pm Pacific as well.

Or am I misunderstanding this?
Old 08-19-2021, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

I know I worded the op wrong. Nfl games start at 1pm eastern, 4pm eastern and what every time the night games are. When not the night game, west coast games start at 4pm eastern. In Madden franchise, west coast games start at 4pm pacific rather than eastern. In game it gets dusk in the 3rd quarter, which in real life would be 2:30 ish. Where in Madden it thinks it 530ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Wait, so you are selecting 4pm as your start time for west coast games? I would imagine that means 4pm Pacific time wouldn't it?

If you mean in franchise, then I would think 4pm for west coast games would mean 4pm Pacific as well.

Or am I misunderstanding this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »