Home

FIFA 22 Career Mode Details and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Career Mode Details and Trailer Revealed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 22 Career Mode Details and Trailer Revealed

The latest Pitch Notes has provided details on the new features coming to FIFA 22 Career...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2021, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 Career Mode Details Revealed

From the video it looks like "Stadium Customization" is choosing one of the generic stadiums that have been carried over from PS3/Xbox 360 era and we can paint the seats a new color lol. That's weak man. The squad generator looks pretty cool though and it's nice that we can update the kits after every season.

Player career looks pretty sick as well. Overall, just some small updates this year.

Last edited by PhillyPhanatic14; 08-05-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
From the video it looks like "Stadium Creator" is choosing one of the generic stadiums that have been carried over from PS3/Xbox 360 era and we can paint the seats a new color lol. Hope it's more than that. That's embarrassing if that's all we can do.

Player career looks pretty sick though.
Yeh, I'm glad to have this feature and plan to play it but it looks really disappointing as far as depth goes. It's also pretty disappointing we can't add sponsors, even if they were made up like on F1, it would look a whole lot better and provide some more depth if your club earned money from those sponsors based on your performance or you can get new sponsors that pay more each season. The stadium editor does indeed look like you just choose from the stadiums already there. There are a lot to choose from I'm sure but come on, if it takes you this long to implement a mode that people have been asking for then you should go all out. It's better than nothing I guess but still just sad that once again EA underwhelms me.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:45 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

So what was FUT stadium creator like last year did they not copy that over to CM. I figured that's what they would have done. Or was that just as bare bones as changing sear colors?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Oof. This is likely on a low difficulty, but anyone claiming the CM defending bug is actually gone should have a nice long look at this. Nothing says, "we fixed it" like showcasing a GIF on your website of it being broken and a video in the Career blog of it also still being broken lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-BkmPj9TJI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

After feeling pretty hyped for FIFA 22, this is the first big disappointment for me. Fans of Player Career Mode may have reason to be excited but it's a big letdown for those of us primarily interested in Manager CM.

Looks like if you play with a real team that has a licensed stadium, CM is essentially unchanged. Create a Club, which aside from the stadium editor might not be my thing, looks to be a decent addition but how much does it matter when so much of the experience is shallow and full of bugs?

Guess I'm holding out hope for a solid number of bug fixes and optimizations. At a minimum I hope they improve the tedious mechanics around training players for sharpness and they better not make me play those awful training sessions at the start of each save again!
Old 08-05-2021, 05:06 PM   #7
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Trailer for FIFA 22 Career Mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMdC...l=EASPORTSFIFA
Old 08-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
After feeling pretty hyped for FIFA 22, this is the first big disappointment for me. Fans of Player Career Mode may have reason to be excited but it's a big letdown for those of us primarily interested in Manager CM.

Looks like if you play with a real team that has a licensed stadium, CM is essentially unchanged. Create a Club, which aside from the stadium editor might not be my thing, looks to be a decent addition but how much does it matter when so much of the experience is shallow and full of bugs?

Guess I'm holding out hope for a solid number of bug fixes and optimizations. At a minimum I hope they improve the tedious mechanics around training players for sharpness and they better not make me play those awful training sessions at the start of each save again!

Yeah the squad creator part of team creation is cool, but not much else is looking that great. I don't understand how they added these notifications for when your manager/players achieve certain milestones, but they somehow managed to NOT add a career stat tracking screen for players... It's 2021 and I still can't see what my players did in any previous season. It's crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »