Home

I don’t wanna hear Devs talking about making defense Fun… just make it Functional

This is a discussion on I don’t wanna hear Devs talking about making defense Fun… just make it Functional within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2021, 01:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I don’t wanna hear Devs talking about making defense Fun… just make it Functional

I wanna hear them take accountability for the fact that Nba 2k21 had the worse defensive mechanics in any basketball I’ve ever played.

Players sliding all over the court
Players not rotating on defense
Terrible defensive canned animations
Getting stuck behind players etc etc
No feet planting on defense etc etc

Just take accountability and FIX these issues and the game would at least be decent. So please, no fun, that just screams “we’re gonna try a new thing that you’re probably not gonna like”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2021, 06:08 PM   #2
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Re: I don’t wanna hear Devs talking about making defense Fun… just make it Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScum
I wanna hear them take accountability for the fact that Nba 2k21 had the worse defensive mechanics in any basketball I’ve ever played.

Players sliding all over the court
Players not rotating on defense
Terrible defensive canned animations
Getting stuck behind players etc etc
No feet planting on defense etc etc

Just take accountability and FIX these issues and the game would at least be decent. So please, no fun, that just screams “we’re gonna try a new thing that you’re probably not gonna like”
I believe once one of the devs that were the defensive mind of 2k left to EA is probably the reason why 2k were so bad at being a defensive minded game imo.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
MVP

Re: I don’t wanna hear Devs talking about making defense Fun… just make it Functional

Seriously. I don’t think what they’re saying now is the right direction. I don’t want a mini game on defense, I don’t need it to be more “skill based,” just fix the garbage AI and make defense in a basketball game be as it’s supposed to: Functional and something I’ve never (till now) had to pay so much attention to, simply because it always simply worked.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:53 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Seriously. I don’t think what they’re saying now is the right direction. I don’t want a mini game on defense, I don’t need it to be more “skill based,” just fix the garbage AI and make defense in a basketball game be as it’s supposed to: Functional and something I’ve never (till now) had to pay so much attention to, simply because it always simply worked.
Lmao exactly. 2k acting as if we want them to do anything besides be competent 🤣 how these devs just released that garbage awithout addressing it is criminal.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:44 PM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

They will never be good defense as long as the offense is so overpowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2021, 09:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScum
Lmao exactly. 2k acting as if we want them to do anything besides be competent �� how these devs just released that garbage awithout addressing it is criminal.
Right. Like the way I’m reading it from them is that if you aren’t an elite defender your defense will suck even MORE? No, just make defending work, that’s all we ask.

And who knows what applies to their AI defense which is the big problem.

I’ve mostly solved it by turning every defensive slider to 100 and literally controlling the other team’s defensive gameplan (rotating defenders onto hot players, doubling hot players) but even then, with super elite players I can drive on an entire team like it’s standing still then use posterizer to dunk on 5 people.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:48 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
They will never be good defense as long as the offense is so overpowered.
Yes...how about they start by TRIMMING down the damn badges on offense and let good ol' ratings do there thing.

The other option is maybe go the route of APF2k8 and just not show ratings at all and just give players a set number of badges.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:37 PM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lol the guy that was the head of the defensive gameplay left for NBA Live. The defense has been complete garbage since he took over in 15. Now that he’s gone I’m expecting the defense to be leaps and bounds better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »