Home

Old 07-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
NHL 22

There Continues to be absolutely no news on anything NHL 22. We’ve been down this road before however I do realize they signed a new deal for EA sports to continue to making the game. So not worried that it’s not coming out but would really like to see a burp soon.
Anyone hear anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 22

It's gonna be 19.3 after 20 and 21 were 19.1 and 19.2 respectively. Expecting anything other than that in the core game is pointless.
Then, the online game will have tons of new buyable things in Chel and in the online components. And they'll plug and promote the Kraken like they invented the team. Meantime they'll continue to completely ignore offline players who are of no use to them turnover-wise but pat themselves on the back for a roster update which will still be missing faces for players that have been in the league for years. They'll tout some physics thing they've invented and they'll call it something like "intelli-next skate mechanics" which will basically be some animator figuring out how to make skates bend more at the ankle to better resemble feet speeding up. And they'll actually make videos about this, very serious videos, where animators will use words like "revolutionary" and "unprecedented" while displaying a total lack of understanding what those words mean.

EA makes the money on NHL they need to keep the series alive because it's a cash cow. It has been this way since NHL14. It's not gonna change now.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 07-30-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #3
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
There Continues to be absolutely no news on anything NHL 22. We’ve been down this road before however I do realize they signed a new deal for EA sports to continue to making the game. So not worried that it’s not coming out but would really like to see a burp soon.
Anyone hear anything?
The only thing I've heard is that Rammer is still head of the project and that he promised something would come soon. How is he still head of it?? Sigh...

Anyways, we should now more by mid-August if that's any consolation.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #4
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

The only reason I'm going to get it is because it's impossible to play with old rosters without replacing 2 NHL teams due to Vegas and Seattle. I'm sure there will be no roster sharing which totally ruins it since EA doesn't care about realism at all.

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Old 08-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 24

I'm usually pretty optimistic/patient with the EA NHL team but the fact that we have absolutely 0 information is pretty concerning. I've said it before but the dev team used COVID and next gen as an excuse for NHL21 being, on the ice, identical to NHL20, but we're now a full year later and the next gen hardware should have a jump like every other EA title has. Rammer has been at the helm for a while now and it's sad that the biggest changes we've seen to the game are entirely HUT content focused and have nothing to do with actual gameplay. We may be in for another excuse-ridden dev announcement about a delay or lack of upgrades at this point.

I really enjoyed NHL21 but the series is absolutely in need of a facelift on and off the ice. Everything definitely feeling stale though there's great building blocks in franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2021, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Mike Straw said in his SGO AMA that it would be similar to last year, where we get all the info at the end of August.

He said they didnt have it ready for the draft(s) and now its a lull between FA and preseason, so its not a high traffic time to drop news.

But, I do just feel down about the game. I want the rosters, but paying another 80 bucks for the same gameplay with new dekes is so depressing.

I just feel down about the franchise and its not liekly to turn around unfortunately.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Is it too much of the fanbase to ask for just one screenshot to see what next-gen hockey looks like?

I wasn't even expecting an info dump, or a trailer, or cover athlete at the draft like previous years. I just wanted one screenshot, just one, of what next-gen hockey means.

The fact that even just that is being kept under wraps makes me think the EA team is beyond embarrassed even of themselves with what they've been able to come up with after skipping an entire release year on next gen.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:51 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Swear I saw informed speculation the game will run on Frostbite for the first time, which would at least make it different. I wish the game could get a serious gameplay refresh. I miss playing hockey games and can't stick with it to enjoy the upgraded franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »