Home

RTTS Angels keep trading Shohei Ohtani before I get called up

This is a discussion on RTTS Angels keep trading Shohei Ohtani before I get called up within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2021, 07:26 PM   #1
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
RTTS Angels keep trading Shohei Ohtani before I get called up

I wanted the Angels to have two superstar two-way players in the same lineup and rotation. I've tried this twice this last time at shortstop so as to not take up one of his secondary positions but he still got traded, this time to the Giants.

As soon as I'm able I'm going to demand a trade to the Giants. It's not like I'm stalking him or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2021, 03:14 AM   #2
Rookie

ExarKub00720's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Angels keep trading Shohei Ohtani before I get called up

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I wanted the Angels to have two superstar two-way players in the same lineup and rotation. I've tried this twice this last time at shortstop so as to not take up one of his secondary positions but he still got traded, this time to the Giants.

As soon as I'm able I'm going to demand a trade to the Giants. It's not like I'm stalking him or anything.
If you want you can always give him some like stupid contract through so his arbitration years so like a 4 year contract for like 60 million or so. Seldom will the ai trade when they have so much money like that on the books for someone I find. It’s how I lock in players I wanna play with in RTTS for at least a few years.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

speedkills's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExarKub00720
If you want you can always give him some like stupid contract through so his arbitration years so like a 4 year contract for like 60 million or so. Seldom will the ai trade when they have so much money like that on the books for someone I find. It’s how I lock in players I wanna play with in RTTS for at least a few years.
You mean editing his contract through the roster option in the main menu? Interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not going through that minor league grind again lol. Madden comes out in a month and this game gets put down for good at that point.

I'm starting to think this might be pre-programmed or a bug with 2 x two-way players on the same team. The feature is still buggy when it comes to stats and loadouts.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:06 PM   #4
Rookie

ExarKub00720's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
You mean editing his contract through the roster option in the main menu? Interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not going through that minor league grind again lol. Madden comes out in a month and this game gets put down for good at that point.

I'm starting to think this might be pre-programmed or a bug with 2 x two-way players on the same team. The feature is still buggy when it comes to stats and loadouts.
I have once gotten on as a two way shortstop with Ohtani but I don’t think that time I messed with his contract. I have in other games with other players but not that one. Though technically speaking from the games point of view you aren’t fully the second two-way player on the angels. Jared Walsh sometimes does relief pitching and the game has him with the RP secondary position tag. Granted he hasn’t played enough to get the two-way player designation but technically a fresh player who just joined the team from the minors officially doesn’t either.

If simulated in time though Jarred might gain that official designation too.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

Ok, I'm a glutton for punishment or I've lost my mind but I started yet another two-way RTTS career with the Angels and they traded Ohtani AGAIN right before I got called up, to the Reds this time. What gives???

It's like "Mom, can we have Shohei Ohtani?" "No, we have Shohei Ohtani at home."
Shohei Ohtani at home: My RTTS player
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »