Home

NCAA 14. Let's Talk Defense...

This is a discussion on NCAA 14. Let's Talk Defense... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NCAA 14. Let's Talk Defense...

I am thinking about switching my Utah Ties dynasty to a 3-4 defense from the 3-3-5. Outside of that, let's talk about defensive set-ups. How often do you all crash the line left or right or shift line left or right or pinch the line or do these things for the LB's? Or do you just leave these things alone for the most part? Just curious because I feel this in one area that I sort of leave alone and I've been playing this game for about 3+ years. Also, I am speaking of offline dynasty. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

FF11Football's Arena

Re: NCAA 14. Let's Talk Defense...

I'm a big stock play, leave it as it was created play guy. I love various versions of cover 3 zone blitzes regardless of my base defensive front. You can get some good pressure from stock plays like that.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

If they have a QB that can run I’ll use contain on passing downs. I’ll also shift the Dline to the strong side if they like to run. I run a 4-2-5. I love the single high safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
Pro

I mix them up depending on what I want. Sometimes I pinch the line and spread the LBs, sometimes I shift the line left or right depending on which side the RB is and I shift the LBs to the other side so that I have four people on the line. Sometimes I crash the line left or right when the RB is on that side as it seems to help with the option. Sometimes I hot route the edge rusher on the RB side to blitz. If the QB is killing me with the run I audible to contain, sometimes I pinch them and contain
Old 07-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #5
Rookie

I was thinking about running a tampa 2 defense, jim johnson defense, or a dick lebeau defense. Any suggestions?

Also are there any play books that allow you to run an intimi****** defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2021, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

I'd say 80% of the time I come out nickel - under smoke and shift the DL and LB's to the left while pinching with the nickel back. Only plays where they burn you are screen passes (because you're blitzing the house and it's man coverage) or a completed pass with a broken tackle.

There's no point in playing with 2 safeties on this game. Plays are over within a second. Even if you only rush 3 or 4 players the AI is going to complete 75% or more of it's passes every game on Heisman.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #7
Rookie

mate04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
If they have a QB that can run I’ll use contain on passing downs. I’ll also shift the Dline to the strong side if they like to run. I run a 4-2-5. I love the single high safety.

How much do you blitz in man coverage because in the NORMAL 4-2-5 formation I feel like the FS if he’s in man he’s too far away from his guy(usually the slot WR).

Old 08-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #8
Rookie

FF11Football's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mate04
How much do you blitz in man coverage because in the NORMAL 4-2-5 formation I feel like the FS if he’s in man he’s too far away from his guy(usually the slot WR).

I find 4-2-5 is the front that has the most of these man coverage issues. The reason I don't base out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »