Home

Manager Career - Training is OP and unbalanced. Any suggestions?

This is a discussion on Manager Career - Training is OP and unbalanced. Any suggestions? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 07-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
Manager Career - Training is OP and unbalanced. Any suggestions?

Hey All

With the training mini-games for sharpness and the specific development instructions, after 2 or 3 years my team ends up being a Super Team of 90+ rated player that dominates all competitions. I know some players probably love this but i prefer more competitive balance with the CPU teams. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there aspects of developments and/or training that i should ignore or do differently? Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Manager Career - Training is OP and unbalanced. Any suggestions?

There's pretty much nothing you can do about this. It's actually better than it was before because training used to contribute directly to the development of your players' overalls. Now, it only affects match sharpness. I'm not aware of any way to ensure that your players develop less.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Manager Career - Training is OP and unbalanced. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
Hey All

With the training mini-games for sharpness and the specific development instructions, after 2 or 3 years my team ends up being a Super Team of 90+ rated player that dominates all competitions. I know some players probably love this but i prefer more competitive balance with the CPU teams. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there aspects of developments and/or training that i should ignore or do differently? Any help is appreciated.
It's a very poor system, I agree, but there's ways to sort of mitigate it. Takes work on your part but some of these strategies have helped me make CM more challenging this year (though I'm playing on PS5; if you're not, YMMV).
  • Switch between team sheets to ensure players don't go past ~50 sharpness
  • Get angry with your team/players in press conferences and player conversations to keep their morale more level and avoid boosts.
  • Avoid filling your team with youth. Focus on a more realistic balance so that you don't have players constantly growing
  • Use a slider set that makes the game as challenging as possible. Poorer results equals less growth.
  • Use high injury frequency to disrupt your players from growing consistently
  • Focus your financial resources on defense. The game is oriented toward attacking play, so you don't need OP attacking players. But OP defenders aren't a big deal.
  • Like the above, focus player training primarily on the defensive stats (even with attackers). Limits OP attackers.

One of the biggest challenges with CM is actually creating a challenging experience lol. This is what I've done this year and it helps, but yeah, it's way too easy to build an OP team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »