Home

Mike Wang's NBA Live '10 Offball Controls In This Yet? Been Asking 11 Years Straight

This is a discussion on Mike Wang's NBA Live '10 Offball Controls In This Yet? Been Asking 11 Years Straight within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Mike Wang's NBA Live '10 Offball Controls In This Yet? Been Asking 11 Years Straight

For the 11th straight year, are Mike Wang's NBA Live 10 (offensive) offball controls in NBA 2K yet? Total game changer, making it easier to play basketball (no thinking required). Until then, maybe I'm too old, but I may as well be memorizing buttons combinations like any other game.

I'll sell it to you again, 10 years later.

Take control of a wing, call for a screen, run to an open spot, call for the ball, drain the open J.

I got a 2-on-1 fastbreak. I take control of Stoudemire (sorry, Ayton) around halfcourt, while Nash (CP3) keeps pushing down court as CPU. I run to the hoop and call for an alley oop. I could do the same thing here as I did above with a big, get a pick then run free to the hoop.

It was easy (again - no thinking - just basketball). A quick tap of LB, followed by player's icon button, followed by RB. Easy as 1-2-3. Second nature.

Instead of thinking "how," I just take control of someone and do it.

From 2010:

"The idea behind it was we wanted to give the user a lot more control over his receivers and really allow him to play better team basketball."

Mike Wang had a tutorial video on this for NBA Live 10, and it changed everything. I'd post his and Da Czar's videos teaching (and celebrating how much this opened up the game) but they seem to have disappeared along with my hope. 11 years, man.

Edit: I am speaking of controlling an offball player without needing to hold any buttons after assuming control. I'm running free with the L-stick only - right hand free to use the buttons to call for a pick, pass, oop, etc.

Thank you

Last edited by bakesalee; 06-22-2021 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Edit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 08:22 AM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Mike Wang's NBA Live '10 Offball Controls In This Yet? Been Asking 11 Years Strai

Nope not in the game, not like that. You can temporarily take control of a player but you have to hold the pass button and it only lasts for a few seconds.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:41 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang's NBA Live '10 Offball Controls In This Yet? Been Asking 11 Years Strai

Offball offense actually was in the game few years back. You could open up the positional playcalling overlay and then I guess it was press down the right stick button to take control of that player. Was especially cool to counter zone defenses.

In general what you ask for is basically in the game BUT only if you do one player control. If you are controling all 5 players, you have no way to play off ball offense.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:04 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Thank you both. Sorry to be so whiny. Rough day here on "Planet Orange". Thank you for your kindness.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
For the 11th straight year, are Mike Wang's NBA Live 10 (offensive) offball controls in NBA 2K yet? Total game changer, making it easier to play basketball (no thinking required). Until then, maybe I'm too old, but I may as well be memorizing buttons combinations like any other game.

I'll sell it to you again, 10 years later.

Take control of a wing, call for a screen, run to an open spot, call for the ball, drain the open J.

I got a 2-on-1 fastbreak. I take control of Stoudemire (sorry, Ayton) around halfcourt, while Nash (CP3) keeps pushing down court as CPU. I run to the hoop and call for an alley oop. I could do the same thing here as I did above with a big, get a pick then run free to the hoop.

It was easy (again - no thinking - just basketball). A quick tap of LB, followed by player's icon button, followed by RB. Easy as 1-2-3. Second nature.

Instead of thinking "how," I just take control of someone and do it.

From 2010:

"The idea behind it was we wanted to give the user a lot more control over his receivers and really allow him to play better team basketball."

Mike Wang had a tutorial video on this for NBA Live 10, and it changed everything. I'd post his and Da Czar's videos teaching (and celebrating how much this opened up the game) but they seem to have disappeared along with my hope. 11 years, man.

Edit: I am speaking of controlling an offball player without needing to hold any buttons after assuming control. I'm running free with the L-stick only - right hand free to use the buttons to call for a pick, pass, oop, etc.

Thank you

Kind of a sh*tpost, but I loved that, man, killing off ball dudes with that.

I killed high ranked dudes with that, it was like it had never occurred to them to play that way haha. If you're playing off ball, the computer isn't gonna turn it over vs the computer, so you got all kinds of time to run a play or whatever, just make a hard cut. It seems like 2k is really against dudes cutting tho. Each year dudes are less likely to cut.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »