Home

Will Madden 22's new Franchise features be in the College Game?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 22's new Franchise features be in the College Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-19-2021, 11:08 AM   #1
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Will Madden 22's new Franchise features be in the College Game?

While waiting on the College game forecasted for July 2023, it seems for now we can only gather information from the Madden series for what could possibly be in the college game. These were the key features mentioned in madden 22 that check off on my wishlist and for what I'd like to see in the college game. I ranked them myself by a 5 star (*) rating.

- Franchise Staff: *** "Coaching staff will now consist of a head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators, and player personnel coach. The ability to upgrade them weekly through a 60 skill coaching tree." Would love to see this expanded by the college release.

-Weekly Strategy Session: **** "The weekly strategy option will allow you to study your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, and choose a modifiable game plan on both offense and defense." The AI also gamelans against the Human, which is a nice touch.

-Deeper weekly practice: ***** "Coach must decide how hard to push the team in practice to get players ready for the next opponent you as head coach to choose practice intensity levels, the ability to split up reps, and other new options to help maintain a healthy blend of proper rest and enough reps to ensure your team is playing at max ability come game time." One of my biggest wishlist requests for a sports game.

-Stadium Momentum: *** "Each team’s home stadium will have unique advantages to them that can help fuel the home team and put the visitors at a disadvantage." The good ole stadium pulse. Something more specific to each college stadium would awesome. Instead of it affecting stats primarily, I think something like composure, play art, and scrambled game-plans would be ideal.

What I actually love about this upcoming Madden are the "game within the game" type of features. A larger staff, weekly practices & rep splits, and weekly strategy lets me micro-manage the team even further. I do this in my Franchise NBA 2k. Imagine in the college game spending the time recruiting and hiring your staff and then actually building the relationship to your players/program by having hands on influence on their development. The wins & losses should be a direct reflection of those little things, thus more rewarding. Adding on features to upgrade your facilities etc, and stadium specific momentum perks too, I think once the college game drops it will be the Apex.

With that being said I'll be purchasing Madden this year. I would love to see these features in the future college game, and by then I'm sure EA will have even more up their sleeve (hopefully).

How do you fellas feel about these features? Do they matter or nah? And am I the only one who'll be vicariously purchasing/playing NCAA through Madden? lol

JKits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2021, 12:45 AM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will Madden 22's new Franchise features be in the College Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
While waiting on the College game forecasted for July 2023, it seems for now we can only gather information from the Madden series for what could possibly be in the college game. These were the key features mentioned in madden 22 that check off on my wishlist and for what I'd like to see in the college game. I ranked them myself by a 5 star (*) rating.

- Franchise Staff: *** "Coaching staff will now consist of a head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators, and player personnel coach. The ability to upgrade them weekly through a 60 skill coaching tree." Would love to see this expanded by the college release.

-Weekly Strategy Session: **** "The weekly strategy option will allow you to study your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, and choose a modifiable game plan on both offense and defense." The AI also gamelans against the Human, which is a nice touch.

-Deeper weekly practice: ***** "Coach must decide how hard to push the team in practice to get players ready for the next opponent you as head coach to choose practice intensity levels, the ability to split up reps, and other new options to help maintain a healthy blend of proper rest and enough reps to ensure your team is playing at max ability come game time." One of my biggest wishlist requests for a sports game.

-Stadium Momentum: *** "Each team’s home stadium will have unique advantages to them that can help fuel the home team and put the visitors at a disadvantage." The good ole stadium pulse. Something more specific to each college stadium would awesome. Instead of it affecting stats primarily, I think something like composure, play art, and scrambled game-plans would be ideal.

What I actually love about this upcoming Madden are the "game within the game" type of features. A larger staff, weekly practices & rep splits, and weekly strategy lets me micro-manage the team even further. I do this in my Franchise NBA 2k. Imagine in the college game spending the time recruiting and hiring your staff and then actually building the relationship to your players/program by having hands on influence on their development. The wins & losses should be a direct reflection of those little things, thus more rewarding. Adding on features to upgrade your facilities etc, and stadium specific momentum perks too, I think once the college game drops it will be the Apex.

With that being said I'll be purchasing Madden this year. I would love to see these features in the future college game, and by then I'm sure EA will have even more up their sleeve (hopefully).

How do you fellas feel about these features? Do they matter or nah? And am I the only one who'll be vicariously purchasing/playing NCAA through Madden? lol

JKits
We hope that EA produces a college football title that is feature rich at release.

We hope their game will feature some of the customization that makes MLB The Show and 2K franchise modes widely popular.

Clint referenced they’d like to get there in the future in a recent interview with Brian Mazique. What if EA is waiting to create TeamBuilder and customization assets so that they can be used together between the football games? That’s what I’m hoping for anyway.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
We hope that EA produces a college football title that is feature rich at release.

We hope their game will feature some of the customization that makes MLB The Show and 2K franchise modes widely popular.

Clint referenced they’d like to get there in the future in a recent interview with Brian Mazique. What if EA is waiting to create TeamBuilder and customization assets so that they can be used together between the football games? That’s what I’m hoping for anyway.
I agree to all 3
Old 06-29-2021, 08:33 PM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Oh, so like 2k5?

Although, I'd argue that game went a little too in depth with daily practices for my liking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »