Home

Things ufc 5 can do to improve.

This is a discussion on Things ufc 5 can do to improve. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Things ufc 5 can do to improve.

Better tutorial system
More meters in practice mode(frame advantage meter at least)
More positions on the ground
Addition of minor transitions with d pad
Return of ufc 3s sub system
More legends(would love to see Sakuraba in the game and cro cop)
Add more venues( Would be extremely happy with an actual ring)
Choice of weight class in ranked(tired of watching martial struggle to keep his series alive)
Make head movement easier

Last edited by Granbyroll; 06-10-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Re: Things ufc 5 can do to improve.

1) First and foremost, bring back the clinch game. What we have in 4, is not a clinch game. We need to be able to pummel/transition/deny/reverse/cage grind in the clinch. It happens in almost every single fight we see, in some shape or form.

2) CAF slots. We need a respectable amount of caf slots. 22 caf slots across the 11 weightclasses that made it to the game? Dude. Yeah, the work around where i have multiple profiles gives me more to work with, but it sucks all the immersion out of the game having to flip profiles and reboot the whole damn game multiple times in order to complete one offline/universe event (which is all done in custom fight now, since event mode is useless across multiple profiles.

3) CAF editing. Let us edit our cafs the way we'd like please? Massive, massive step back from 3 the way cafs are handled in 4. Now, the archetypes I'm not against at all, it's a great way to quickly get a caf into my universe. If I'm making someone like Rakic (before he got in), damn right im gonn wanna put some work into him because this guy is gonna be around a while and be very successful if he stays healthy. I'm not going to put alot effort into say Maki Pitolo who is on a 3 fight losing streak and then has to bow out of a fight for undisclosed reasons, it's surprising he's still on the roster. So leave archetypes...in fact, let US build our archtypes. Flame me if you will but Tanner Boser and Jake Collier have similar styles to me (and theres plenty more on contract that are similar....i can create a archetype that I want and i can easily get them in the game by assigning it to them. Give us yours (nice job on a few) and then maybe let us have a handful of archetype slots?

Those are the important ones for me that come to mind right now.

I think you did a tremendous job with this years roster. DLC was on point. Hopefully the roster can expand now that next gen is the focus (and because you guys apparently made nice bank with this one) but for me caf slot expansion would fill that gap. CAF share would be great but i hear thats a trademark/legal nightmare of something. Some kind of universe mode would be awesome too. Something calendar based where we can create what type of event and when, maybe something that has ranking logic (but one we can manually do if we'd like). PRIDE and strikeforce modes would be amazing. Attention to detail is a big one too. I know things like the little pre fight fighter blurbs arent anywhere near the top of the priority list...but its text. "Won 5 fights n career, lost 1 fight in career, has had 6 fights in career?" How about something we might actually see on a broadcast?
Old 06-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
Rookie

After becoming that guy and buying UD3 again, UFC 5 really needs to up the presentation. It's crazy to be beat out by a game that come out a generation earlier in that respect.

1. Different commentary teams depending on the show. For smaller cards, get that dude who fumbles over every word alongside Paul Felder and Michael Bisping. Larger cards, get the main guys. Insert lines pertaining to each fighter or at least have the announcer say their name. Having a new DLC fighter referred to as a nickname kills all the immersion.

2. Have us be able to see the fight card as a full presentation as it is in the real world and UD3. Keep the overlays up to date to those which are seen in the actual UFC. For a product based on a single entity, it's kinda crazy that it doesn't actually correspond to the product we see every week.

3. Have those emoticon intros be part of the the Bruce buffer announcement. It's kinda weird to have an entire intro you have no control over but you're doing backflips when the ref asks if you're ready.

4. Rework career mode from the ground up. Was especially let down after EA's own data showed that this was the most played mode and they just put new paint on an old car.

5. Fight card intro videos, conferences, hype videos, coming up next videos etc. All small things that help immersion massively. Pretty all of this was in UD3, so not sure why this can't be achieved on a PS5.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

lol, actually forgot about gameplay.

1. Revamp the ground game. Actual TKO's, being able to rock someone on the ground as well as actually KO them. Being able to move on the ground/scoot to the cage and cage walk up. Removal of that loading bar, for ground moves, it feels so passive compared to standup.

2. Punish stamina heavily for repeated signature moves. A player shouldn't be able to move after doing 17 rolling thunder kicks in the first round.

3. Don't allow the user to throw impossible combos at full speed. If they do it, the move should be ineffectual.

4. Allow light and heavy versions of the same strike. Pretty much anyone worth their salt disguises their right hand with a light jab purely there to throw the opponent off, allow users to do the same.

5. Hit reaction and distance management. People should react to every hit and strikes shouldn't elongate themselves to reach the target.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:08 PM   #5
Rookie

- Put aside your ego and take inspiration from UD3 with regards to the posture up and ground and pound system (including the option to catch strikes into submissions for bjj fighters)

- Differentiate quick/weaker strikes (less stamina tax) versus slower/power ones (higher stamina tax)

- Add content to the clinch and bring back clinch control by the cage

- Add seated cage position

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2021, 01:40 PM   #6
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Every post on this thread got a thumbs up from me. Posts like this are incredibly informative thank you for sharing this.

Regards
TOS
Old 06-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
Every post on this thread got a thumbs up from me. Posts like this are incredibly informative thank you for sharing this.

Regards
TOS
I know you have a boss and a family to feed but if you could please just work on the tutorial system in a mk fashion add a frame advantage meter and make head movement a little better and just a few more positions I would be a happy man. I know you said you use to fight so I respect you opinion on things. I know us hardcores can't get everything we want. But if you make the casuals into hardcores via using the game as an educational tool the game will sell more. And whatever you guys borrow from ud3 is a plus. I know whatever thq did you guys can do even better. Thank you for taking time out of your day when I post to say even just a few words. And also we need parries for straight punches and a power modifer to differentiate hard and fast strikes. Sincerely a die hard mma fan.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Alright, I figure this is as good a post as any to add my full suggestions on the future of the UFC games.

Firstly: Striking.
- Remove all remaining speedup combos, such as the leg kick feint to body kick, body kick feint to head kick, lead teep feint to question mark kick, and slip straight overhand.
- Reduce the range on the body uppercut when it is thrown directly after a jab.
- Allow knees and uppercuts to more reliably intercept takedowns.
- Allow hooks and uppercuts to hit opponents when they are throwing knees, right now they miss.
- Up the long term head health damage off knockdowns so as to lessen the amount of knockdowns needed for a finish.
- Add some kind of power modifier to allow us to choose the power of our strikes; this is what the tap/hold mechanic was originally presented as although it didn't end up working out. Maybe a press down of the left stick allows for a power strike? Food for thought.
- I think it's time to attempt to re-introduce parries. Allow them only against straight strikes, and add a long term stamina cost for missing them and a vulnerability window for missing or parrying the wrong direction as well.
- Allow for more fluid chaining of striking combinations into takedowns.
- General fixes on tracking and head movement across the board to make them more reliable.
- Add it to where if a person rapidly chains together 3 head movements within a short amount of time, their block gets disabled as long as they keep moving their head. (This change would be to prevent the bobbleheading we keep seeing be extremely effective due to the ability to endlessly block while doing it.)
- Fix the bug where occasionally, throwing a head kick at your opponent at the right distance can instantly disable their block and cause a free rock or knockdown. (I have examples if needed.)
Next up: Clinching
- Add a transition to double unders, where you can attempt to hold an opponent and stop them from attempting certain transitions via one of the sticks at the cost of slowly losing short term stamina. When the person is up against the cage, you don't lose stamina for holding as you're essentially just leaning on them, but it's easier for them to attempt to repummel.
- Add over under and double under positions to the cage clinch, and allow reversals for the SUB fighter in the cage clinch.
- Remove the unblockable uppercut from the game.
- Allow users to better react to the mixups of body knees and head knees from thai clinch and the single under clinch instead of it being a guessing game.
- Remove the stamina drain from the standing guillotine walk around.
- Allow the denial for the standing guillotine to be reactable.
- Allow for generally more grinding in the clinch instead of it always being so fast paced and whoever can get an action off first.
- Remove the unblockable hooks off the OU submissive cage clinch escape, these are broken.
- Remove the back drop undeniable RNC.
- I think the best clinch suggestions are covered by RomeroXVII in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAk-ZoNAZrY
Grappling:
- Ideally, this one would get a complete rework. However, if it's going to get a rework like the clinch did, which is unfinished and disappointing to most people, I'd rather it didn't until y'all can get whatever resources you need to do it right, so...
- Change the submission system. Either fix // revert the minigame to be more based on stats rather than position, or drop it entirely and move to transition based submissions. The submissions are wayyy too powerful at this point in time, and will never be balanced as long as they are based on position and hardly based on stats and only a little on stamina.
- Add more positions such as butterfly guard and cage seated.
- Add more active scrambles to the ground game where it's more chaotic instead of stalling out in positions such as sprawl or back side for long periods of time.
- Add more long term stamina drain to takedown attempts, still.
These are just off the top of my head, I'll probably go back and add more things later if I can think of them.

Last edited by Zyaf; 07-15-2021 at 12:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »