Home

UFC 5 Career Mode Wishlist

This is a discussion on UFC 5 Career Mode Wishlist within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 5 Career Mode Wishlist

Now we're firmly at the point where its clear they'll be no career mode updates (not trying to bash devs, just saying), I thought it'd be nice to look at potential improvements that could be added for UFC 5.

Training

An obvious one here. The first change (and one most likely to happen) is sparring partners who actually follow the rules of the activity you're doing. So no kicking or takedowns during boxing training, starting BJJ training in closed guard rather than on the feet, etc. And generally not trying to murder you.

I'd also like sparring to be split into different kinds: Drilling, Light and Hard.

Drilling
Essentially combo practice. Your partner would hold pads and you'd practice a combo with the aim of increasing your kickboxing, boxing, muay thai or traditional combos. You'd get bonus points if you used them in a fight successfully.

Light
Practicing combos on a live partner who's trying to hit you lightly. You'd set the combos you wanted to practice (maybe a set amount) and work on them within the time limit.

Hard
Basically the sparring we already have. Ideally they'd have some headguards and fighters would actually follow the rules of the type of sparring you'd chosen.

Cutting weight
I'm sure no one within EA or UFC wants to showcase the horrors of cutting weight, so this could be easily switched to having to add a specific amount of cardio every week to ensure you don't come in overweight. If you take on a short notice fight you could be forced to strictly focus on cardio just to make weight while longer fight camps could be more drawn out.

Fight Camps
While the coach Davis thing was a start, it was undercooked. I'd like to choose fight camps with a specific goal in mind at the start and work accordingly. So, if I'm fighting a wrestler, I'd ask Coach Davis to work out a camp based around wrestling, with just enough of the other stuff to keep my skills the same.

I'd also like to be able to visit intensive camps to work on skills for longer. Think teaming up with Freddie Roach to improve my boxing, or Tiger Muay Thai to work on MT. This could greatly increase your skills in said area but would come at a bigger cost to you.

Outside the Ring events

Press conferences
An obvious one. The dream for these is to be like NBA 2K and be fully animated but it's clear that the UFC games run on a different budget level.

Instead I'd suggest a design more akin to Football Manager, where you essentially answer questions over a still image (it could just be a looping gif of the fighter in the interview) and you could create your fighters personality based on how you answer questions.

Post fight interviews
I kinda want this one even more than press conferences. I haven't watched any fight across UFC or boxing that doesn't have a post fight interview. Again, it could be done ala Football Manager.

Ideally it'd be just 3 questions total: the standard 'anything you wanna say' question, the 'explain what just happened' question and the 'who'd you wanna call out question.'

Social Media
The main change here would be allowing users to be pro-active on social media. At the moment you basically can't use social media unless someone talks to you.

Ideally you'd be able to call out fighters, respond to trolls and comment on other fighters fights.

The Universe

At the moment, the actual UFC universe still feels lackluster, with the only true mention of the outside world being those pop-ups.

Fight cards
We should be able to see a schedule of every card, ala WWE 2K's universe mode. We should also be able to see the full card like this. This would help with seeing as move up the rankings.

Fight replacements & short notice fights
The other advantage of fight cards will be the ability to ask to be a replacement fighter. There should be a limit as to the rank of opponent you're allowed to be a replacement for (as in an unranked fighter won't be allowed to be a replacement for a title bout), but it would also be an easy way to climb the rankings.

As of right now, attempting the quick rise of a Chizmaev or the 2020 run of Kevin Holland isn't possible. If you get an easy fast finish that leaves you with no damage, you should be able to book another fight as quickly as you want.

Social Media and fight cards
Much like you can see fight cards, you can also comment on the winners/losers of every fight if you want to. You can build/destroy relationships depending on how you use and abuse this function.

How do these sound? I feel like as UFC 5 will be PS5/Series X first, they should be able to carry out all these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: UFC 5 Career Mode Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiseup
Now we're firmly at the point where its clear they'll be no career mode updates (not trying to bash devs, just saying), I thought it'd be nice to look at potential improvements that could be added for UFC 5.

Training

An obvious one here. The first change (and one most likely to happen) is sparring partners who actually follow the rules of the activity you're doing. So no kicking or takedowns during boxing training, starting BJJ training in closed guard rather than on the feet, etc. And generally not trying to murder you.

I'd also like sparring to be split into different kinds: Drilling, Light and Hard.

Drilling
Essentially combo practice. Your partner would hold pads and you'd practice a combo with the aim of increasing your kickboxing, boxing, muay thai or traditional combos. You'd get bonus points if you used them in a fight successfully.

Light
Practicing combos on a live partner who's trying to hit you lightly. You'd set the combos you wanted to practice (maybe a set amount) and work on them within the time limit.

Hard
Basically the sparring we already have. Ideally they'd have some headguards and fighters would actually follow the rules of the type of sparring you'd chosen.

Cutting weight
I'm sure no one within EA or UFC wants to showcase the horrors of cutting weight, so this could be easily switched to having to add a specific amount of cardio every week to ensure you don't come in overweight. If you take on a short notice fight you could be forced to strictly focus on cardio just to make weight while longer fight camps could be more drawn out.

Fight Camps
While the coach Davis thing was a start, it was undercooked. I'd like to choose fight camps with a specific goal in mind at the start and work accordingly. So, if I'm fighting a wrestler, I'd ask Coach Davis to work out a camp based around wrestling, with just enough of the other stuff to keep my skills the same.

I'd also like to be able to visit intensive camps to work on skills for longer. Think teaming up with Freddie Roach to improve my boxing, or Tiger Muay Thai to work on MT. This could greatly increase your skills in said area but would come at a bigger cost to you.

Outside the Ring events

Press conferences
An obvious one. The dream for these is to be like NBA 2K and be fully animated but it's clear that the UFC games run on a different budget level.

Instead I'd suggest a design more akin to Football Manager, where you essentially answer questions over a still image (it could just be a looping gif of the fighter in the interview) and you could create your fighters personality based on how you answer questions.

Post fight interviews
I kinda want this one even more than press conferences. I haven't watched any fight across UFC or boxing that doesn't have a post fight interview. Again, it could be done ala Football Manager.

Ideally it'd be just 3 questions total: the standard 'anything you wanna say' question, the 'explain what just happened' question and the 'who'd you wanna call out question.'

Social Media
The main change here would be allowing users to be pro-active on social media. At the moment you basically can't use social media unless someone talks to you.

Ideally you'd be able to call out fighters, respond to trolls and comment on other fighters fights.

The Universe

At the moment, the actual UFC universe still feels lackluster, with the only true mention of the outside world being those pop-ups.

Fight cards
We should be able to see a schedule of every card, ala WWE 2K's universe mode. We should also be able to see the full card like this. This would help with seeing as move up the rankings.

Fight replacements & short notice fights
The other advantage of fight cards will be the ability to ask to be a replacement fighter. There should be a limit as to the rank of opponent you're allowed to be a replacement for (as in an unranked fighter won't be allowed to be a replacement for a title bout), but it would also be an easy way to climb the rankings.

As of right now, attempting the quick rise of a Chizmaev or the 2020 run of Kevin Holland isn't possible. If you get an easy fast finish that leaves you with no damage, you should be able to book another fight as quickly as you want.

Social Media and fight cards
Much like you can see fight cards, you can also comment on the winners/losers of every fight if you want to. You can build/destroy relationships depending on how you use and abuse this function.

How do these sound? I feel like as UFC 5 will be PS5/Series X first, they should be able to carry out all these.
You should send this to the guys @ESBC. They are interacting with players and might be receptive to new ideas.

As for UFC 5 career mode. It will be mostly the same as he past four titles.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

I want the option to turn off longevity. I'll decide when I retire.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Guap
You should send this to the guys @ESBC. They are interacting with players and might be receptive to new ideas.

As for UFC 5 career mode. It will be mostly the same as he past four titles.
lol, you're likely right about UFC 5, but we might as well dream!

Even judging from what we've seen about ESBC, their career mode will likely have a more than a few of these features, I'm on their discord and its looking promising.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:07 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_No_Name
I want the option to turn off longevity. I'll decide when I retire.
Never understood why they don't just let you play. Sure, disable achievements, I don't give a crap. But let us play a while with the OP character we build. Or let us suck at legendary and go 5-10 or something. I don't even think they allow you make it that far. After 5 KO losses they pretty much force you to restart the mode entirely.

And please don't draw the "realism" card here. If it was realistic, we wouldn't be squaring off with a homicidal maniac every week at sparring... Or win the title off a 50yo (which is fine btw).

I like a lot of these suggestions. Just let us call somebody out instead of passively responding to random fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2021, 09:12 PM   #6
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Thank you for the suggestions.

TOS

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »