Home

How a video game helped CMU pitcher to perfect game

This is a discussion on How a video game helped CMU pitcher to perfect game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-07-2021, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How a video game helped CMU pitcher to perfect game

Kinda cool

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ak/4972464001/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Re: How a video game helped CMU pitcher to perfect game

Awesome!! Thank you for sharing. I remember an article years ago about how Giants minor leaguers Ryder Jones used The Show to help him prepare for big league pitching.

The game really is the best sim on the market by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

and now it's high time the video game respond in kind i.e. allow pitchers a 6th pitch

when I add a running FB with the cutter and just drop the 4seamer altogether I know I have a great chance to make half the 27 outs K's, otherwise the cutter isn't my choice as the best of the fastball pitches. the 4seamer followed closely by a sinker get my vote as 1-2 within the Show. don't get me wrong the cutter is very good, but I do love the fact the 4seamer is easier for me to spot than a cutter in the Show

gimme a slurve, a straight change, a sinker and add back that 4seamer as a 6th pitch in addition to a cutter & runner and I got a lot better chance at maybe not a perfect game but a no-no or one-hitter & 20 K's than I do with ''only'' 5 pitches

if the Show was able to add a 6th pitch what button or button combination or other way would be the best way for the Studio to accomplish?

also, while I'm rambling on, I love the slurve in place of having a slider and curve but now I want the Studio to give me a slutter, 1 part slider, 1 part cutter

A Work in Progress
Old 05-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
and now it's high time the video game respond in kind i.e. allow pitchers a 6th pitch

when I add a running FB with the cutter and just drop the 4seamer altogether I know I have a great chance to make half the 27 outs K's, otherwise the cutter isn't my choice as the best of the fastball pitches. the 4seamer followed closely by a sinker get my vote as 1-2 within the Show. don't get me wrong the cutter is very good, but I do love the fact the 4seamer is easier for me to spot than a cutter in the Show

gimme a slurve, a straight change, a sinker and add back that 4seamer as a 6th pitch in addition to a cutter & runner and I got a lot better chance at maybe not a perfect game but a no-no or one-hitter & 20 K's than I do with ''only'' 5 pitches

if the Show was able to add a 6th pitch what button or button combination or other way would be the best way for the Studio to accomplish?

also, while I'm rambling on, I love the slurve in place of having a slider and curve but now I want the Studio to give me a slutter, 1 part slider, 1 part cutter

You know how you hold L2 + O to intentionally walk, they could just make the 6th pitch L2 + R1 (which is our current 5th pitch).
Old 05-07-2021, 04:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
You know how you hold L2 + O to intentionally walk, they could just make the 6th pitch L2 + R1 (which is our current 5th pitch).
simple enough, works for me

I'm actually for holding a combination of buttons for the 4th & 5th pitch, it should be just a little more work to pull those off. but I use meter pitching so I dunno if that's asking too much from non-meter pitching

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield

Just make holding R1 a button layer, just like L1 is. 8 potential pitches.

My dream repitore in this game is 2SFB, Slider, CircleCH, 4SFB, CB (natural or 12) for the five. If I had three more it would be Knuckleball, splitter, cutter (if my slider were slow) or straight CH.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »