Home

Roster Updates?

This is a discussion on Roster Updates? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2021, 06:20 PM   #1
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Roster Updates?

I'm new to the show. I played it years ago but I'm an Xbox man.

So how often will we receive updates to the rosters? I googled it and it said they update rosters every day...

But the Red Sox have a great record. Christian Arroyo has a great batting average, but in the game he's rated a 60 with like 40 contact. He's been starting every game but he's still on the bench in the game with a terrible rating.

It appears that the rosters haven't been updated since launch. Any idea how often they typically get updated? One of the Red Sox best players has a 40 contact rating. Will I have to play online with him on the bench forever? Or would you expect a rating update in a week or two
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2021, 06:25 PM   #2

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Roster Updates?

Past few years it's been every Friday IIRC. I'm assuming they're waiting for paperwork for some of the rookies/missing players to go through.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:53 PM   #3
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Don't hold your breath on Arroyo. The show uses a ratings calculator based on the last 3 years of production. They don't make drastic changes based only on a month of games. They may increase his stats a little bit, but don't expect anything significant.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:51 PM   #4
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Past few years it's been every Friday IIRC. I'm assuming they're waiting for paperwork for some of the rookies/missing players to go through.

The season has been here for weeks, and this year the game released after the season. You think they would have figured this out by now
Old 04-25-2021, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I’m an X-box user, new to the Show myself. I’ve been baffled by this as well.

First off, I actually love the game. It’s a beautiful game and plays real nice. I had quite the marathon session with it the day I downloaded it off Gamepass. It’s a lot of fun, and very nice to have a real baseball game on console.

That being said, the rosters are problematic. I don’t even know where to download a new roster. I tried playing the live games last night hoping that would force an update like the old Madden games did.

It’s very bizarre the rosters are in such disarray.
I mean Tatis is still in AAA. He’s the cover athlete! He’s mashing right now, just destroying the baseball. But, the official rosters I have, he’s still in AAA. I understand why he’s there - Because he was injured. He’s clearly pretty healthy now. Just ask the Dodgers. 😝

I don’t get it, maybe I’m doing something wrong here. This whole time, I thought I was just a noob and didn’t know how to download the updated rosters. At least I’m not the only one. I mean there’s lots roster fixing other than Tatis; but come on, this can’t be the official roster???

I know you can go and fix things on you own. But that not the point. It shouldn’t be our job to go fix all this stuff. We have other things to do like Watch baseball!

Love the game! I’ll keep playing, hopefully they fix the rosters soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 04:08 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

Updates to rosters are scheduled for every Friday but rating adjustments are scheduled every 2 weeks, but they got bigger problems to solve right now.

THE SERVERS!!!
Old 04-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #7
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Just waiting on one update hopefully so I can start a franchise. Waiting for Ha-Seong Kim on the Pads and whoever else is missing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »