Home

New Year, New Console, Same Nonsense

This is a discussion on New Year, New Console, Same Nonsense within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 11:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
New Year, New Console, Same Nonsense

I just don't get why this is acceptable anymore, I really don't.
So I fired up last night in my grapefruit league game, I'm the Yankees against the Blue Jays playing on Legend everything except I increased pitch speed to 7 and lowered fielder reaction to 4. I'm also playing on competitive so "stick skills reign supreme."

Everything going well through the first 8 innings. We get to the ninth and I'm down 3-2.

Blue jays get runners on the corners with one out. Dude hits shallow, sinking liner to center. Hicks gets there as the runner starts to tag up.... but wait...

https://youtu.be/DWM7XAgnDb4

So Hicks drops the ball allowing runner to score and I'm down 4-2. Whatever, it happens. Jays tack on another and I'm down 5-2 heading into the bottom of the ninth.

Gleyber leads off with a ground out. Stanton steps up and hits a no doubter on a pitch my pci was sorta on, but not really. 5-3. Voit strikes out and I'm down to my last out. Hicks steps up and, as Stanton did, he hits a no doubter on a pitch pci was not really on and it's now 5-4. I can already see what's happening here. And I wasn't wrong.

Sanchez steps up and first pitch is a Broadway heater, absolutely pulverized and it's 5-5. The most unexciting comeback in baseball history. Cool.

So we go to extra innings, runner starts on second. Sac fly runner moves to third. And then.... this.....

https://youtube.com/shorts/fW6bycfOYqI?feature=share

Cpu tries the old squeeze bunt, totally misses, runner doesn't even bother trying to run back to third and is out at home by 15 feet. Nice.

Yankees walk it off in the bottom of the tenth for the win.

And somehow, what should be an exciting come from behind win, feels like a pile of dung because it's just so damn predictable at this point that I'm not even sure what to say.

New game. New Console. Same exact garbage. As I've said for YEARS, when a team is down in the ninth, they get a boost. Call it what you want, but it's been happening for years. Does it happen every game? No, so you can't call it comeback logic. You can't call it rubberbanding because it doesn't happen all the time. But what DOES happen all the time is this magical boost. And it's not going anywhere.

Attachment 191823

Last edited by Padgoi; 04-23-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 11:20 AM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New Year, New Console, Same Nonsense

He made an error. I could show dozens of videos of errors at the MLB level that caused teams to lose leads late.

Then you hit HRS with one of the best HR hitters in the game and another guy. The developers have stated that the PCI is just a representation of likelihood that you'll make contact, not a replica of bat path so the location of the PCI isn't a 100% indicator of the quality of contact you'll receive. You probably had other hits where the pci wasn't on the ball that game but didn't care because it wasn't late.

As for the failed bunt, the CPU never sends runners back to a base. They never have. It sucks that baserunning is so bland but it's literally been this way every iteration of the game and to expect different is just idiocy at this point.

Your title is so perfect because it completely encapsulates your post pattern in this forum every year. A double entendre in a way

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 04-23-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
He made an error. I could show dozens of videos of errors at the MLB level that caused teams to lose leads late.

Then you hit HRS with one of the best HR hitters in the game and another guy. The developers have stated that the PCI is just a representation of likelihood that you'll make contact, not a replica of bat path so the location of the PCI isn't a 100% indicator of the quality of contact you'll receive. You probably had other hits where the pci wasn't on the ball that game but didn't care because it wasn't late.

As for the failed bunt, the CPU never sends runners back to a base. They never have. It sucks that baserunning is so bland but it's literally been this way every iteration of the game and to expect different is just idiocy at this point.

Your title is so perfect because it completely encapsulates your post pattern in this forum every year. A double entendre in a way

Ah, so conveniently hitting 3 home runs in the bottom of the ninth of a game I was down by 3 runs, 2 of which the pci wasn't even on, is a representation of my post patterns on this forum over the years? Give it a rest. Please stop defending this disgrace. You sound ridiculous. Hitting 3 home runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie a game, all being solo shots, simply isn't something that happens as often as you blind defenders might think. You clearly know the game of baseball. You know this is absurdly rare. You don't have to defend it.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

You’ve complained every year for the past idk 3 years. Literally, all your post now a days is negative.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Ah, so conveniently hitting 3 home runs in the bottom of the ninth of a game I was down by 3 runs, 2 of which the pci wasn't even on, is a representation of my post patterns on this forum over the years? Give it a rest. Please stop defending this disgrace. You sound ridiculous. Hitting 3 home runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie a game, all being solo shots, simply isn't something that happens as often as you blind defenders might think. You clearly know the game of baseball. You know this is absurdly rare. You don't have to defend it.
How many times has it happened to you in this game? Give me exact numbers. No guessing. No "at least". Exact. The KC Royals have won three games just this year when they were down 4 or more runs at some point in the game. Is that some sort of "magical boost"?

You've been posting like this for years, so why do you keep buying this game? Stop buying it and save yourself the time.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-23-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 11:57 AM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Happy Anniversary Pad lol
Old 04-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

If you're playin on competitive mode, isn't that part of the problem? You're hitting on legend w/increased pitch speed? Seriously? If that's the case, you've already broken the game on your own...lol
Old 04-23-2021, 12:02 PM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

No your post pattern is to cry wolf about comeback code every chance you get. My guess at this point is that it's just attention-seeking. It's how you get reactions so I guess that's why you keep doing it

Watch me play video games
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »