Home

Am I The Only One?

This is a discussion on Am I The Only One? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Am I The Only One?

That thinks this is ridiculous? I mean the game releases 3 weeks later than usual, you cant download a roster from the vault, you cant save SOTS, the guy who is supposedly working with the studio that is doing Full Minors is saying 2 weeks for release? Why? Why aren't the rosters correct on release day? We are 3 weeks past opening day. Where is the patch or how does it get by simple tech testing that we cannot even edit or download a playable roster from the vault I guess I am just a sucker because this is ridiculous and I basically wasted 90 dollars on a defective item that the tech team refuse to acknowledge. Just venting, hopefully I am not blocked but I cant be the only one who feels frustrated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 11:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Am I The Only One?

Ask PlayStation for a refund this game is broken and afraid due to the lazyness or pandemic to release these games this won’t be the first time this happens
Old 04-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

deamon93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbtheshowgamer
Ask PlayStation for a refund this game is broken and afraid due to the lazyness or pandemic to release these games this won’t be the first time this happens
I'm so tired of reading "SDS is lazy", "game is broken", "they don't care about us" and so on.

Yes, Y2Y saves and roster imports are gone and yes, you can't download rosters right now. Sure, there are maybe some other issues, depending on what's your preference. But I'm sure it's not because tHeY aRe LaZy or some bs like that.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8

Seriously chill.

We can't import rosters so we have to remake all the players fro scratch. 2 weeks is a massively aggressive time line.

The vault roster bug is really bad, I'll give you that. Individual player files and be downloaded w no problem tho.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

You know I can understand the 2 weeks. No problem. My issue is the guy that is telling us 2 weeks works with SDS. Why isn't the roster good on day 1. Its 3 weeks past opening day. The game is advertised as having Full Minor Leagues. If anything I am saying is false then fine I am wrong. I know the work that has to be done, my question is if he is working with SDS then why isn't the roster complete now. What exactly is that team doing during production? Maybe I'm wrong he doesn't work for SDS or collaborates with them. But I swear I heard SDS say special thanks to Ridden and his team. The sad thing is we cant even download any other roster because the "team" failed to do quality control on their game before release
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
You know I can understand the 2 weeks. No problem. My issue is the guy that is telling us 2 weeks works with SDS. Why isn't the roster good on day 1. Its 3 weeks past opening day. The game is advertised as having Full Minor Leagues. If anything I am saying is false then fine I am wrong. I know the work that has to be done, my question is if he is working with SDS then why isn't the roster complete now. What exactly is that team doing during production? Maybe I'm wrong he doesn't work for SDS or collaborates with them. But I swear I heard SDS say special thanks to Ridden and his team. The sad thing is we cant even download any other roster because the "team" failed to do quality control on their game before release

I think it is more or a consulting thing that anything else. They don't get access to the game before we do. They don't get to use their dev software to make players. SDS also probably pulls a lot from the previous year roster file. It would make sense as ages are wrong on a lot of the top prospects.

I don't disagree with your points about the vault.

Currently Playing:

EA College Football 25 (PS5)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
I think it comes down to licensing. They can make the guys on their own. But when it comes to working with SDS. I think licensing plays a big part in why the rosters at launch arent great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-20-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Well I'm done venting. Its just a wait a see. Its just frustrating that we as a community are held hostage and have to bend down and kiss butt when they actually finally patch what was supposed to be put out originally. I'm sorry there just isn't an excuse to release a game with this many bugs. Where is quality control? Why should the consumer be grateful or hopeful for a patch on something that should have been identified months ago. Any way I'm done. A moderator is more than welcome to close this thread

Last edited by Ranger Fan; 04-20-2021 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Request to close

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »