Home

Stadium Creator features that should be included in the future

This is a discussion on Stadium Creator features that should be included in the future within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Stadium Creator features that should be included in the future

While I never begged for the feature, I do recognize it's quite nice and better than nothing. While I prefer focus on gameplay and franchise issues, since this feature is here, and probably here to stay, here's my feedback on what is missing:

1) Ability to change foul territory area. This is kind of a biggie, because how much foul territory exists is one of the things that gives a ballpark personality. Also, if they allowed editing the field of play, it would make it easier to create the round look of cookie cutter historical stadiums.

2) Ability to place the bullpen where you want. The general consensus seems to be this is a problem created by the bullpen camera. However, seems there ought to be a way to enable the end user to place this camera himself during the editing process.

3) Ability to place logos, distance markers on walls, etc...no need to explain.

4) The wall features are really limited. You can select brick or wood but beyond that you can only choose color. There should be option for padding on the top and different kinds of fencing.

5) There are only two kinds of "stands" and all the seats have to be the same color. Different deck and roof configurations should be added, preferably before they start working on rendering the Starship Enterprise.

6) Ability to move the dugouts. Some stadiums have dugouts further away from home plate than others. Also, you should be able to place on deck circle where you want.

7) Artificial turf or base cut-outs. This one is puzzling. How hard could it be to create a texture for it? I wouldn't even be that concerned if the physics mimicked a natural surface...it would be nice to see the turf textures with old stadiums. And I even hated astroturf growing up. Even worse when I played on it.

8) Fix the problem where night games don't work.

9) Be able to orient your ballpark (rotate it with respect to NSEW)

That's all for now. I don't want to sound to gripey about this. I really like the feature and want to see it improved. And judging by the last few years it would seem these type of innovations is what they're interested in most, so I guess it's where we have the most influence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Stadium Creator features that should be included in the future

Good list, agree with all of those. It feels like you're putting together a puzzle with pieces from different puzzles that don't really fit when you're trying to do the seating. Some more variability would be great.

Hopefully they continue to expand on the feature but I'm worried it's going to stay as it is for the foreseeable future. That's what they usually do with new features

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 04-17-2021, 12:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

The stands themselves need to be simplified when putting them together. The snapping technique doesn't work overly well.
Same goes for keeping the walls straight, and missing some key buildings (CN Tower)

Sent from my LM-G900 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-17-2021, 12:45 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I'd like to see era specific fans. Perhaps suits, hats and dresses with no phones of course.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would say the ability to add a dome and ability to play open or closed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

How about an undo button? I spent a few hours creating a stadium. Then I had a brain fart and went to the wall presets. That screwed up my entire wall and made my stands "invalid". I tried to adjust the wall but couldn't get it good enough so the stands were "valid" again.

I'd also vote for better camera controls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »