Home

How do I Know what JR version I downloaded?

This is a discussion on How do I Know what JR version I downloaded? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-16-2021, 08:03 PM   #1
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
How do I Know what JR version I downloaded?

My son has a PS5 and the JR version came today. I have no idea what he did and how to tell what version he downloaded.

He enters his code and got all of his free packs and stuff, but he doesn’t have a Stadium Creator option from the create menu.

When he tries to re-enter his code, it says it’s already been used and when I go tk the JR version in the store it says I owe $84.99

I feel like he is playing the PS4 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How do I Know what JR version I downloaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
My son has a PS5 and the JR version came today. I have no idea what he did and how to tell what version he downloaded.

He enters his code and got all of his free packs and stuff, but he doesn’t have a Stadium Creator option from the create menu.

When he tries to re-enter his code, it says it’s already been used and when I go tk the JR version in the store it says I owe $84.99

I feel like he is playing the PS4 version.
Easiest way to check what version you're playing is go to the dashboard, press the start button on the MLB The Show 21 app, go to "Game Version" see what the check mark is next to -- it should be PS5 if it's PS5 or PS4 if it's PS4.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:32 PM   #3
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Easiest way to check what version you're playing is go to the dashboard, press the start button on the MLB The Show 21 app, go to "Game Version" see what the check mark is next to -- it should be PS5 if it's PS5 or PS4 if it's PS4.
I guess if the game does not have the Stadium Creator that means you don’t have the PS5 version also.

I redeemed my code and do not have the ps5 version saw no option to download, nothing....been at it for hours ...I’ve given up.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:47 PM   #4
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Chase I did what you said, but don’t see an option for “game version”. For The Show 2020 it is there and shows PS4.

However, when I just highlighted the tile/app it says PS4.

My 10 year old son redeemed the code, So I don’t know what the heck he did or didn’t do. All I know is that when I go to redeem the code, it shows it’s already been redeemed and when I go t the store and lookup the game, it wants me to pay full price.

The whole PS4/PS5 combo version seems like a bad idea.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:19 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Chase I did what you said, but don’t see an option for “game version”. For The Show 2020 it is there and shows PS4.

However, when I just highlighted the tile/app it says PS4.

My 10 year old son redeemed the code, So I don’t know what the heck he did or didn’t do. All I know is that when I go to redeem the code, it shows it’s already been redeemed and when I go t the store and lookup the game, it wants me to pay full price.

The whole PS4/PS5 combo version seems like a bad idea.
Yeah, sorry man, that's how you check which version on like any game so I dunno. It seems like some peeps are having the same general issue, so I think it might just be a Sony/MS thing more than anything your son did wrong. I haven't had any problems with cross-platform redeeming or having the game on two consoles (with any other games either this gen). But the digital version I have that I redeemed is PS4/PS5 and they both show up when I click Game Version.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »