Home

No Import rosters at all this year get ready to start from scratch

This is a discussion on No Import rosters at all this year get ready to start from scratch within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
No Import rosters at all this year get ready to start from scratch

Confirmed by Cujo in his Q and A thread.. so classic roster guys and face makers... you guys have a massive job ahead of you this year

pray that in 22 Y2Y saves is back and import rosters from previous years or it's the old way of ps3 days of starting from scratch again..

HOWEVER you might be able to take a video of a CAP in MOB 20 on your phone then use those templates with the numbers to put into mlb 21. that will take you about 30 mins per player.. better then starting from scratch though but still lots of work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: No Import rosters at all this year get ready to start from scratch

F....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2021, 06:03 AM   #3
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Noped staying on 20, the more I here and see, with this whole next gen console set up seems to be more trickery...

You cant purchase in store but you can fight it out online, both systems selling out in less than 2 minutes, same with computer parts its stupid. These company's know what there doing and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. When the hype goes away watch how readily all this stuff becomes available to the public.

Games being made having stuff not transitioning over properly, having to patch after patch only for the game play to still be mediocre at best, a few changes here and there dont justify it being a new game in my opinion.

Companys removing key features to a sim but adding on to money grab options. Nah no thank you, I see it coming a mile away, yeah the system in a whole is more powerful and the current game may run better but if thats all your getting and a stadium builder then for myself I'd rather just stay on 20 and ps4 pro.

I did want to get a next gen console but the more I see it, its not all what I see people hooping and hollering about, if anything its more of the excitement of having litterally something new in my opinion.

I cant see the roster and face creators do the amount of work we currently have on 20 to just turn it around for 21. They'll be some but no where near to what we have currently.

To be quite honest, we've been playing with classic rosters for years in current stadiums mixing uniforms that came with the game, I dont see why all of a sudden Jackie Robinson edition or any other edition for that matter is a must have now, we've had ever single player they touted in the game since the 989 transitioning to sds.

To each there own, but it kinda ticks me off to see these company's now money grabbing and removing elements with no real insight as to why but yet they want you to keep handing over your money to line there pockets for half... work.

Its ashame.

I feel bad for the creators that are going to have to sit there and dedicate another countless hours of work that could have more than likely been made to move over like all there money grabbing options were made to go.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 04-15-2021 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I dunno how creators are going to create missing vets like Matt Moore too. Because it’s like the ps3 days of being at sds mercy of waiting for a roster update.. can’t just export him from the old games now.. so you could only create. Rookie Matt Moore now with the no stats. Sure you can edit service time but the game treats him as. Rookie with no stats.

So it’s gonna be a lot of sitting waiting for updates and months before accurate rosters are out because of limitations.

And yes sticking to 20

But imagine 22 “new features for Xbox guys y2y saves”
23 “now sounds of the show is a new feature for Xbox
24 of here you go now you can import rosters from previous years

They now can pull the EA way here and have 3 years worth of new features
Old 04-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Dude... How about we wait until the first roster update to see what vets are missing?

The only good thing about the late release is that the season is 2 weeks old so all the vets who weren't in last year have appeared in a game... So hopefully SDS adds them with the day one roster update.

Last edited by The Kid 24; 04-15-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
How about we wait until the first roster update to see what vets are missing?

The only good thing about the late release is that the season is 2 weeks old so all the vets who weren't in last year have appeared in a game... So hopefully SDS adds them with the day one roster update.
Yeah I know probably but still they won’t all. E 100% there. Which means if it’s 1 or 2 players roster makers will be at ssds mercy to wait

There is going to be missing players we all know this but we cant add them ourselves in 10 seconds anyone and fix the problem. It’s going to delay osfm rosters even more sadly I’ll get the game when all roster issues are sorted in a few months.

Last edited by ninertravel; 04-15-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

It's a shame really. Storm said it better than I could.

Who cares about legends in game? The roster makers here do just as good a job and sometimes better on not only legends, but also thousands of players over the course of 100 years in the game.

If you are a classic roster/player guy like me, you get screwed over by Madden every year...and now The Show. I guess NHL doesn't let you share rosters anymore either I think. NBA seems to be the only one that gets it.

Creating classic rosters takes hundreds of hours of work...to do it right. I got out f that game a year or two ago, and I admire the guys who have picked up the gauntlet. I do feel sorry for them though this year. Don't be surprised if we see only a sprinkling of classic rosters for 21.

This blows.

C

Last edited by capa; 04-15-2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:11 PM   #8
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Noped staying on 20, the more I here and see, with this whole next gen console set up seems to be more trickery...

You cant purchase in store but you can fight it out online, both systems selling out in less than 2 minutes, same with computer parts its stupid. These company's know what there doing and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. When the hype goes away watch how readily all this stuff becomes available to the public.

Games being made having stuff not transitioning over properly, having to patch after patch only for the game play to still be mediocre at best, a few changes here and there dont justify it being a new game in my opinion.

Companys removing key features to a sim but adding on to money grab options. Nah no thank you, I see it coming a mile away, yeah the system in a whole is more powerful and the current game may run better but if thats all your getting and a stadium builder then for myself I'd rather just stay on 20 and ps4 pro.

I did want to get a next gen console but the more I see it, its not all what I see people hooping and hollering about, if anything its more of the excitement of having litterally something new in my opinion.

I cant see the roster and face creators do the amount of work we currently have on 20 to just turn it around for 21. They'll be some but no where near to what we have currently.

To be quite honest, we've been playing with classic rosters for years in current stadiums mixing uniforms that came with the game, I dont see why all of a sudden Jackie Robinson edition or any other edition for that matter is a must have now, we've had ever single player they touted in the game since the 989 transitioning to sds.

To each there own, but it kinda ticks me off to see these company's now money grabbing and removing elements with no real insight as to why but yet they want you to keep handing over your money to line there pockets for half... work.

Its ashame.

I feel bad for the creators that are going to have to sit there and dedicate another countless hours of work that could have more than likely been made to move over like all there money grabbing options were made to go.
This is spot on! No creating from scratch for this guy. Still working on a 60s set that I'm really looking forward to using with some Negro League teams for MLB 20 on PS4. There are way more reasons for me to stay put than leave.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Blog:
https://buzzingthetowersawx.blogspot.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »