Home

Patch Spoilers

This is a discussion on Patch Spoilers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2021, 08:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Patch Spoilers

Looks like we've got a patch coming soon.

DLC Prediction: Gane & Font

This had me intrigued..."Some fighter likeness updates. Normally there'd be more of these but....those resources had to go elsewhere for this patch.... and a few of the previous ones too

A long-asked for change ought to be coming soon to a TV near you, along with a pretty big content update."

I'll shoot (too) high. Venum fight kits and ability to switch out shorts/champ shorts?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2021, 11:08 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Patch Spoilers

We’re for sure getting shorts selection. I’m pumped for Francis’ stat update
Old 04-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #3
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
We’re for sure getting shorts selection. I’m pumped for Francis’ stat update
It's wonderful that we're getting back the ability to change these athletes uniforms...something that worked perfectly fine in the previous editions of EA UFC and is a staple of every sports game that's been around for as long as I can remember sports gaming. What a treat.

But shorts colors pale in comparison to doing something about the most significant issue in the game: THE NON-EXISTENCE OF CLINCH FIGHTING. I

Last edited by Irish0331; 04-08-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:29 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
It's wonderful that we're getting back the ability to change these athletes uniforms...something that worked perfectly fine in the previous editions of EA UFC and is a staple of every sports game that's been around for as long as I can remember sports gaming. What a treat.

But shorts colors pale in comparison to doing something about the most significant issue in the game: THE NON-EXISTENCE OF CLINCH FIGHTING. I
For me, all of these things fall under one category: Immersion.

That's what I want from my video game experience but that's just me.

I have some PMO experience so I imagine that the decision to update the fighter selection screen disrupted the ability to change shorts color.

Compound that with knowing that Venum would be coming out soon AND them actually deciding they'd like to update the kits when that happened...it kind of makes sense they prioritized other things.

So really we should think of it as adding the Venum fight kits and gaining a better user experience selecting fighters. These are thing people have asked for. It came at the cost of 8 months not being able to select outdated Reebok shorts.

Now that we know, I'm sort of good with it, even if the timing of it all really had terrible optics.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #5
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

immersion is definitely something thats important to me too. i think its important to anyone who wouldnt be considered a "casual." that immersion falls a little flat before any actual playing takes place because of the shorts thing and cafs having to walk shirtless to the cage and the completely out of place "are you ready" taunts...but i feel like i can still have a pretty good gaming experience with those issues. Not being able to have the kind of interactive clinch we had before is just on a whole different level of immersion killer. it directly effects the main thing we buy the game for, the actual fight. im not trying to downplay the other things out there that other people find more important than clinch....im just saying its the biggest for me. it sucks too cause i really wanna like this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #6
MVP

Patch is live. Looks like we can select the colors (can't read notes yet). Yay!

New fighters are Gane and Font. Excellent choices.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Patch is live. Looks like we can select the colors (can't read notes yet). Yay!

New fighters are Gane and Font. Excellent choices.

You called it.

The EA UFC team has done an OUTSTANDING job on the DLC. Well done!
Old 04-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Man I hope they updated Ngannou's model. They just couldn't seem to get in right in UFC 3 and it's a bit outdated now. Hopefully with him being champ now, there will be a bit more priority for him when it comes to the fighter likeness side of these updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »