Home

ESBC Official Alpha Gameplay - New Combat Sports Game!

This is a discussion on ESBC Official Alpha Gameplay - New Combat Sports Game! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
ESBC Official Alpha Gameplay - New Combat Sports Game!

Hi All,

Was randomly browsing YouTube and came across a new game called ESPORTS BOXING CLUB. Never heard of it before and cannot see any posts about it here so thought to post the pre-alpha footage video which has already gotten 316,198 views in 4 days and has a very impressive dislike to like ratio, anyhow judge for yourself:

Looks fc.kin amazing, so fluid/unique and for pre-alpha its looks like a game in which combat sports fans deserve. Not saying EA did not try, but firstly we all know MMA as a game is very hard to capture exactly on the head and also some of the decisions at the top level have been horrendeous to say the least throughout all 4 iterations.

Seems like its coming to steam for early access in the coming months and then they are planning for PS4/PS5/XBOX console releases later down the line. Look at their website for more on the FAQ's https://www.esportsboxingclub.com/esbc-game-faq/ and what gets me super exicited is things like this:

Quote:
"however we are balancing the community’s desire for a boxing game with making sure that we deliver the best possible experience."

Quote:
Will there be blood and realstic damage - Yes, this will play a big role within ESBC. Your career mode fighter will have to be managed with the quality of your corner team for this aspect.
Quote:
Will there be realstic knockouts - Yes, knockouts will feel realistic, we are developing this to a level that feels……satisfying!

Dont know exactly which is the team developing this but seems like a less known development team and not a well known face unlike EA. Incredible that teams like that can showcase things like this while it takes EA 4 iterations to even attempt to properly address the knockout/physics issues from the standpoint of how a certain mr creative director kept denying it.

Might be the kick up the *** that EA higher ups need if this game sells well and delivers on what is seen in Alpha and more. Only drawback i can see right now is that they only have 65 licenced boxers and probably wont be able to use Joshua or Fury due to EA probably owning exclusive rights for a set period of time. Anyhow to me personally i could not care less if it stayed at 65 licenced boxers, looks incredible and gameplay comes first. However please note, for those concerned about the small inital roster they have said it will increase every season which is a big positive.

Sorry if this has been posted before but wanted to let everyone know and give my thoughts in comparsion to EA UFC 4 as i personally really want a good combat sports sim (yes Sim and no EA UFC 4 is not a Sim !) and never going near EA UFC again until they address the issues for the next release which im not hopeful for either.

Thanks
AB541

Last edited by ab541; 03-31-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: ESBC Official Alpha Gameplay - New Combat Sports Game!

It looks great initially, footwork especially looks incredible a d much more "real" than UFC 4

Hoping if it is out on pc it is modable and you could end up with an unlimited roster
Old 03-31-2021, 03:29 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
It looks great initially, footwork especially looks incredible a d much more "real" than UFC 4

Hoping if it is out on pc it is modable and you could end up with an unlimited roster
Yeah , im certain down the line it will be modable as its coming to steam in a few months as an early acess like mentioned. Around a week ago martial mind did a video on some old gameplay ago & was not happy. However he then reacted to this video 2 days ago on stream where they showcased alot more which is probably a much newer build and needless to say he was very impressed , especially with the adrenaline system (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SF_3_zo2IY).

Hope its sells really well and proud to have a English team working on a sports game, being born and bred here its nice to see as its a rarity (: Also i love how this team is pushing out new ideas/systems instead of just trying to copy the FN series, really promising and way more impressed than have ever been with EA UFC gameplay reveals sorry to say for those offended.

AB541

Last edited by ab541; 03-31-2021 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:41 PM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

I've seen it and pretty impressive for an indie team. As far as sales, I'm thinking it'll probably sell well just cuz it's the first legit boxing game in a decade and with a pretty solid roster so far. Even more so, if they get some names in there to appease/appeal to the casuals...guys like Jake/Logan Paul, Ryan Garcia, ect. Even maybe some fictional characters like Rocky and Drago. Game is looking pretty solid so far though...i'm definitely gonna pick it up when it releases.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-02-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #5
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

This game looks so sick. Really excited for it.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 05:35 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
This game looks so sick. Really excited for it.
Yeah , the more i see breakdowns the more i am understanding and seeing that this has a chance to completely eclipse FN, UFC i.e anything EA or even THQ has done before in terms of trying to create the most true depiction of combat sports sim ever seen for its time. The very best breakdown i have seen is on the following link, much better than Martial Mind's analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hd3fThVAU (Must watch if you have 30 mins to spare, its an amazing analysis/breakdown!)

Boxing Fanatico does a phenomenal job at explaining the less obvious things like the thirty six punch control, four directional punches etc. Most importantly he really highlights for me what is most amazing, being the huge visual variation of punches driven purely by physics which is as a direct result of not having any horrid magnetic striking that has plagued the EA UFC series leading to spam BS. Watch the video and you will see jab's land to the neck, body, head etc on Eddie Hall's character model, all of course depending on how the player is moving towards the punch and where the attacker is also placed.

Also Boxing Fanatico confirms that the refree will be fully intergrated on launch as well as a fully intergated clinch system which was missing from the gameplay. That is pretty amazing as he explains its not just going to be a button to clinch rather a system itself so we can assume there will be depth in how to intiate and hold clinches which will most definetly work hand in hand with ref interactions. Just hope there will be no issues with the camera when the referee gets added, although very likely there will be a control to the camera views in the settings.

All i can say to end is thank god this studio is actually putting the power of next gen consoles to great use and activley using physics as the core driving force behind the combat, something i kept banging on about again and again and again since EA UFC 3 but to no avail.

AB541

Last edited by ab541; 04-01-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #7
Rookie

I've been actively targeting EA UFC players and making them aware of this game. Even have been in contact with devs.

They, so far, are responsive and aware of the built up demand for a non EA sports combat SIMULATION...

SEE THAT? THEY KNOW WE WANT A SIMULATION OF A REAL COMBAT SPORT.

We are not asking for bear heads to fight... We didn't ask to box in a Kumite arena... We did ask to fight as Dr. Phil.

We want a game that represents the sport we watch. We play these games because we like the sports we watch.

We don't want a caricature of a sports combat game. We want a sports combat game.

Was that clear enough? Gotta love the free market.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:31 AM   #8
Pro

It looks amazing, it truly blew me away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »