Home

What is going on with this game?

This is a discussion on What is going on with this game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What is going on with this game?

Do you you guys think EA UFC 4 is getting better or worse? Is it getting more realistic or more arcade like? I am really struggling to want to even play it anymore. I would really like to hear everyone’s opinion? Retractedmonkey, Boiler, zombieromel, please give your opinions. I’m sure I spelled your gamer tags wrong, sorry. I just can not wait to get my hands on Esports boxing club game. Looks so promising.

Last edited by bcelts; 03-31-2021 at 09:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What is going on with this game?

I don’t know really how I feel. I still play the game a lot but I don’t know if it’s because I enjoy it or just out of habit. The patches have improved it from what we started with but I still can’t quite say that it is a fun game. 4 iterations in and I still feel like virtually every part of EA MMA was better except for the graphics.

I definitely don’t hate the game. I just don’t know that I could recommend it to anyone who isn’t really into MMA games. The learning curve is insane, the controls are friendly but the gameplay mechanics take an encyclopedia of info to understand what works and why. I have always hated the queued striking. It takes me out of the game when I hit the buttons and then just watch it play out. I want a real time game not choose your own adventure. I also hate the strike interrupting, it just doesn’t feel like MMA. Blocking the first shot of a combo and then swinging while eating the rest of the combo shouldn’t be the dominant side of that exchange. The ground and pound is awkward, the ground game gets stale quick. Riding the deny shouldn’t be the main tactic. Force people to work on the ground. It may be realistic to have stalemates on the ground but it is pretty boring. Even in real MMA the stalemate is generally a chess match of constant movement and adjustment. Let me slice them up and do real damage with elbows if they just lay in guard. Don’t allow denials on fakes, that is just annoying. If they deny the fake it should give me a free pass, the whole point of a fake is to get them to bite. In this game if they fall for the fake they get the advantage. Just seems weird.

I could keep ranting but I’ll stop at that. The game is okay. I feel like the things that were bad about undisputed and EA MMA are done way better in this franchise. Unfortunately I feel like the good things in those games were largely done worse.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
Rookie

What are you talking about,i play offline only and the game is now fantastic,the AI is really good even on Hard difficulty. Every patch has made offline better,i could not get used to the sub mini games now i am really enjoying them. I have recently played previous EA UFC games and Undisputed 3 and i do not enjoy them at all now comparing to UFC 4 which has so many fun escapes and transistions,the striking feels way better than all previous games though i would love the postured up elbows and hammerfists to return which is sad but other than that i am loving UFC 4.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
What are you talking about,i play offline only and the game is now fantastic,the AI is really good even on Hard difficulty. Every patch has made offline better,i could not get used to the sub mini games now i am really enjoying them. I have recently played previous EA UFC games and Undisputed 3 and i do not enjoy them at all now comparing to UFC 4 which has so many fun escapes and transistions,the striking feels way better than all previous games though i would love the postured up elbows and hammerfists to return which is sad but other than that i am loving UFC 4.

I don’t play any games offline. I assume that the experience is massively different. In a lot of ways the other players are usually what makes a game not fun. Most people online are just looking for something to exploit or abuse. This game does balance things pretty well. If you know your opponents tricks there is usually a counter to keep it in check. It results in less people just trying to get one magic KO shot that works every time, which was a major issue in past games.

It’s been a long time since I have played the other games. So there may be some nostalgia at play in my positive view of them. I did watch one of the live broadcast tournaments from EA MMA the other night. It is definitely very arcade style compared to the others but the striking looked as fun as I remembered it.

Watching through the final tournament it was just so tactical the way you had to use movement and range. Plus the speed and distance allowed you to pick your shots and get out untouched if you timed it right. The ground system was genius but looks ridiculous lol. I think the system is what EA should use now they just need to figure out how to clean up the arcade look of the execution. The strike to pass/pass to strike with body and head shots for both fighters from all but mount made for a true strategic battle. You had strike/block/pass rock paper scissor battle but all had well balanced risk/reward. If their stamina got low or damage got high you got an undeniable pass. It forced a non stop activity ground game, made the ground as active as the feet.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
I haven't bought the game because from what I read the game got worse for offline players. I'm an offline only guy.

They totally screwed up the create a fighter feature.

I'm still playing UFC 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 07:40 AM   #6
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_No_Name
I haven't bought the game because from what I read the game got worse for offline players. I'm an offline only guy.

They totally screwed up the create a fighter feature.

I'm still playing UFC 3.
I'm an offliner too. If they added into 4 the kind of clinch work we were allowed to have in 3 the game would be decent. Not necessarily saying the same mechanics from 3, but clinch fight/transition/pummel/cage grind should 100% be in the next game. Awful choice to remove those things and it sucks a ton of fun out of the game. Yeah man, they wrecked CAF.

Last edited by Irish0331; 04-02-2021 at 07:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »