Home

2021 updates MLB The Show 14 PS Vita/PSTV

This is a discussion on 2021 updates MLB The Show 14 PS Vita/PSTV within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2021, 08:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2021 updates MLB The Show 14 PS Vita/PSTV

A special day for all of us wanting to find a way to edit rosters for MLB 14 The Show PS Vita/PSTV.

I want to communicate that I am able to successfully edit a roster game save from this game.

The process started one year ago more or less. At that time, I worked for a few weeks making some progress to then took a really long, long break. The last 2 weeks I have decided to dive in it again. Finally, here I am starting this thread!

However, still no proper editor. I am able to do it through hex-editing and some spreadsheet work. From now on, to get a functional editor we "just" need to program my findings from these roster game saves.

Think of this as a way to celebrate the start of the 2021 MLB season.

Roster updates: April 2021, September 2021, 2021 livearea patch
Bonus rosters: April 2017, see attachment below, April 1994.

Note: At least in the Sep 2021 roster (have not confirmed it yet in the Apr 2021 update), there are some teams with more than 45 pitchers including minors. This implies that you cannot trade players to and from those teams. This is an issue that I plan to address in the 2022 updates, no more than 45 pitchers per team.

Now all my roster updates are based and will be based in the future on the stock roster. This should get rid of the annoying "File is corrupt" that many of you got in the past. We made a few successful tests with different persons.

To install my roster updates, just save in game the stock roster in slot 2, back it up in Vita Save Manager, replace your decrypted game saves for this game inside folder ROSTER_031 with my files. Restore it in Vita Save Manager.

Anyone who is willing to make a donation can do it through this link or to the bitcoin address below (click on it to get the QR) and will be really appreciated.

Attached Files
File Type: zip MLB14 The Show-PSVita-2017-Apr.zip (544.5 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by lorak; 04-09-2023 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Adding attachment plus precisions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 2021 updates MLB The Show 14 PS Vita/PSTV

This spreadsheet contains the April 2021 roster update.

There are incorrect values in that spreadsheet for some fields. Those fields are player skin color -player likeness-, salaries and contract length. If you want to help, please reply here in this thread to be able to update the values in those fields for each player.

Last edited by lorak; 09-25-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: updating information
Old 05-02-2021, 02:56 AM   #3
Pro

April 2021 Roster update.

I decided to work on the spreadsheet above to share with all of you my April 2021 roster update for MLB The Show 14 for PSVita/PSTV. Get the file in the attachment.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, this is a lot of effort. First, I spent some time identifying fields and format reading only hex-code. Second, to update the 2017 roster spreadsheet -coming from the April 2017 roster update- and fixing any issues that actually appeared. In the end, I am glad that I finished it an also to release this update. Here, I am also skipping the file compression/decompression step.

To make it work,

1. Just save a roster in game -any name- in the second slot from top to bottom, very important. Have a look at the left hand side of the image below. There are 10 roster slots available. Then, use Vita Save manager to decrypt your game saves for this game.
  2. Overwrite your decrypted roster, in this case, the 2 files inside folder ROSTER_031, with the files in the attachment. Finally, restore your game save via Vita Save manager. Launch the game and load the roster from the second slot. That is it!

For example, in the image below the Apr 2017 roster file in the first slot, goes with ROSTER_030 folder, Test in the second slot, goes with ROSTER_031, the third slot -Apr 2021- goes with ROSTER_032 and the fifth slot -Default- goes with ROSTER_034. The rest of the slots are empty. Look at the order of roster slots -left side- and folders -right side-. That is what matters to load these files without errors.

The second slot is important because that is what I chose. Any other roster slot would have worked too. After you load this roster for the first time, you can save it in any of the 10 available roster slots.

Notes:
  • Player likeness, salaries and contracts are not correct. I do not even know the skin color of all players.
  • Roster information is taken from baseball-reference on April 11. 25-man MLB rosters and 40-man rosters are correct for that date. All-Star rosters are updated for the 2020 season. Ohtani's position is pitcher but he is also the DH for his team.
  • I even developed my own ratings formulas. I took as a base this old calculator. To get the ratings, I take into account player stats from 2018 to 2020 plus 2021 ZiPS projections from fangraphs.
  • For most pitchers, pitch edits come from the 2020 MBMavs20 spreadsheet. He was kind enough to share it.
  • Since I have no idea of this year's minors, I have players "recycled" from the 2017 roster update to get a full 90-player roster per team.
Enjoy it!!

Update 1 -May 3-: Fixing minor errors with some pitcher attributes.
Update 2 -May 9-: Fixing player positions for 40-Man rosters. Players that are pitchers show as pitchers as well as position players. Specific positions could be wrong though.
Update 3 -Oct 6-: Now this roster update has as a base the stock roster. This should get rid of the "File is corrupt issue". Just save in game the stock roster in slot 2, back it up in Vita Save Manager, replace your decrypted game saves for this game inside folder ROSTER_031 with my files. Restore it in Vita Save Manager.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rosters MLBTS14-PSVita.JPG (124.0 KB, 611 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MLB14 The Show-PSVita-2021-Apr.zip (544.4 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by lorak; 10-06-2021 at 02:54 AM. Reason: File update and precisions
Old 05-07-2021, 03:20 AM   #4
Rookie

Glad to see some results!

Just tested this, says file is Corrupted.
Game Version 1.02

Used Vita Save Manager
Old 05-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0leius
Glad to see some results!
Just tested this, says file is Corrupted.
Game Version 1.02
Used Vita Save Manager
My game is also in version 1.02.

This file is a decrypted roster -game save-, you need Vita Save Manager or anything similar to properly restore it. All files in ux0:user/savedata/PCSA00115 are encrypted. Do not touch files inside that folder.

Please follow carefully steps 1 and 2 from my previous post as well as Vita Save Manager instructions. It should work.

Last edited by lorak; 05-10-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorak
My game is also in version 1.02.

All files in ux0:user/savedata/PCSA00115 are encrypted. Do not touch files inside that folder.

Please follow carefully steps 1 and 2 from my previous post as well as Vita Save Manager instructions. It should work.

Thanks for the update. I used Vita Save Manager however I think I made the error by replacing the files in the ux0:user/savedata and importing that back.

What directory should the roster files go in? That part is a bit unclear for me.

I also looked at your previous revision for the 2017 roster, is this roster MaiDump specific only that also might be the other issue.

Regardless thanks for your hard work for keeping this game alive!
Old 05-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0leius
Thanks for the update. I used Vita Save Manager however I think I made the error by replacing the files in the ux0:user/savedata and importing that back.
What directory should the roster files go in? That part is a bit unclear for me.
Regardless thanks for your hard work for keeping this game alive!
No, this game save is not MaiDump specific. Actually, it does not have anything related to it.

First, configure Vita Save Manager to know where is your decrypted game saves folder. Have a look at this post from the 2018 Updates Madden 13 PS Vita thread. In this case instead of PCSE00084 -Madden 13- you should type PCSA00115 -MLB The Show14-.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah no luck Still getting the corrupted error

Steps I took:

1.Saved a Roster file on slot 2
2.Vita Save Manager backed up the game save file
3.Via VitaShell: moved the CRC and DATA_00 files in the ROSTER_031 location where the save manager has the backups.

4.Vita Save Manager I unpacked the save file

5. Loading the roster file: Corrupted file.

Am I missing anything?

I also noticed the file size between your roster files is vastly different compared to the original. CRC.bin is only 4kbs in the zip file provided in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »