Home

The Most Rewarding Sports Game I've Played In Years

This is a discussion on The Most Rewarding Sports Game I've Played In Years within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
The Most Rewarding Sports Game I've Played In Years

My team is the Braves and was playing against the Diamondbacks last night...and they were wearing me out...hitting it all over the place. Going into the bottom of the 9th I was down 8-5. This is how it all went down:

1) Christian Pache is in the 9th hole and he draws a walk.

2) Ronald Acuna hits a single between the 3rd baseman and SS that is barely out of reach of the 3rd baseman. 1st and 2nd with no outs.

3) Ozzie Albies hits one at the 2nd baseman...as the ball is reaching the 2nd baseman, Ronald Acuna is running towards him...avoids the tag and the 2nd baseman has to go 1st.(first time i've ever seen that happen!) 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

4) Next up, Freddie Freeman...3 run blast to right center to tie it up!

5) Next man up...Marcell Ozuna...Walk-off HR to Center Field...Braves win!!!

It's been YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSS since I've had this much fun with a game..period. I don't even know if I want to get 21 right now lol!

I can't say enough about that play where Acuna Jr. avoids the tag. It was game changing and it happened the way it would have in real life. I was blown away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Most Rewarding Sports Game I've Played In Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
My team is the Braves and was playing against the Diamondbacks last night...and they were wearing me out...hitting it all over the place. Going into the bottom of the 9th I was down 8-5. This is how it all went down:

2) Ronald Acuna hits a single between the 3rd baseman and SS that is barely out of reach of the 3rd baseman. 1st and 2nd with no outs.

3) Ozzie Albies hits one at the 2nd baseman...as the ball is reaching the 2nd baseman, Ronald Acuna is running towards him...avoids the tag and the 2nd baseman has to go 1st.(first time i've ever seen that happen!) 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

It's been YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSS since I've had this much fun with a game..period. I don't even know if I want to get 21 right now lol!

I can't say enough about that play where Acuna Jr. avoids the tag. It was game changing and it happened the way it would have in real life. I was blown away.
I just had a moment like this the other day as well. I'm playing my Tigers franchise vs the Yankees. In the 8th inning, I was up by 3 and suddenly I get shelled for 6 runs. So going into the bottom of the 9th, down by 3, first two batters pop out. I felt all but defeated. Next two batters work a walk, then I hit a laser of a single which made it so the runners only went up one base. So bases loaded, up comes Jacoby Jones. I work the count full and was honestly looking for the fastball. Pitcher threw a hanging slider that I waited on and Jones crushed it to left center for a walk off grand slam. And what made this moment so awesome was that as soon as Jones hit the ball, he knew it was gone. He flipped the bat and threw his arms up in the air, knowing he just won the game for his team. I just love this game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Awesome! Once in a while there are these games that just blow you away. The fact that everything can happen within the game of baseball in real life but also in the Show is why we all love this game.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

The gameplay is so good even losses feel right. It replicates the struggle in baseball unless you are one of those gamers that has to win 120, or more games a year.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

All I can say is they got it right...on so many levels. The crowd reaction to the homeruns...especially Ozuna's...the crowd went nuts! The team celebration of course...even the attendance...there were only 18,000 in the seats for the game because we were playing the last place Diamondbacks as opposed to the series before when we were playing the Mets and the stands were almost full. It's the best representation of it's real life counterpart than all other sports games. Man, that was one of those games you wish you would have livestreamed lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
All I can say is they got it right...on so many levels. The crowd reaction to the homeruns...especially Ozuna's...the crowd went nuts! The team celebration of course...even the attendance...there were only 18,000 in the seats for the game because we were playing the last place Diamondbacks as opposed to the series before when we were playing the Mets and the stands were almost full. It's the best representation of it's real life counterpart than all other sports games. Man, that was one of those games you wish you would have livestreamed lol.

You mentioned Live-streaming but For moments like these Ive really utilized the Save Video Capture feature. I have a whole library full of clips from some awesome moments in the game. Walk off homers, no hitters, crazy comebacks, 3 homerun games. And when I have some time I like to go back and rewatch them all

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

I've never played ANY game as much as I've played MLBTS20. I'm still going at it full go since it came out. I took a break when the latest Madden came out, but Madden gets old and IMO is easy to cheese. MLBTS just has a lot more depth.

You see just about everything if you play full seasons on the harder levels. Good pitchers that sometimes gets rocked, bad pitchers that sometimes have good outings, 4 game losing streaks, 5 game winning streaks, hitters with 0-15 stretches, hitters that are on fire, average C rated middle infielders that you love that really help the team, watching a young player in AA progress and you know you're going to promote at some point but trying to figure out when that time will come...... not to mention the atmosphere, playing a game in june on a sunny day, flags blowing gently, crowd murmuring softly as you pitch in the middle of a scoreless 2nd inning ......
Old 03-24-2021, 03:12 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I've never played ANY game as much as I've played MLBTS20. I'm still going at it full go since it came out. I took a break when the latest Madden came out, but Madden gets old and IMO is easy to cheese. MLBTS just has a lot more depth.

You see just about everything if you play full seasons on the harder levels. Good pitchers that sometimes gets rocked, bad pitchers that sometimes have good outings, 4 game losing streaks, 5 game winning streaks, hitters with 0-15 stretches, hitters that are on fire, average C rated middle infielders that you love that really help the team, watching a young player in AA progress and you know you're going to promote at some point but trying to figure out when that time will come...... not to mention the atmosphere, playing a game in june on a sunny day, flags blowing gently, crowd murmuring softly as you pitch in the middle of a scoreless 2nd inning ......

Yes yes yes!!!! All of this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »