Home

*GTPO´s NHL 21 Real Feel Slider Set

This is a discussion on *GTPO´s NHL 21 Real Feel Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation *GTPO´s NHL 21 Real Feel Slider Set

!!!ONE GAME CHANGER SLIDER UPDATE!!!
Thanx and Credits to HipNotiiC_x.

Under SKATING, set PLAYER ACCELERATION to: 0 (both human, CPU)
Its Awesome, feels and plays way more realisticly.
AND dont forget to play with Player Lock and Action Cam!
Have Fun @ all!!!

First of all, thanx to all the great Slider Guru´s here!!!
A lot of great Sliders on OP!

I'm an offline player at the core, and I've always wanted a game that plays/feels like real Hockey.
Not really looking for super realistic stats, GAMEPLAY is the true priority*for me...
i play on Pro, i think i see way more Goal variations (you can play Allstar if you want)
You ´ll notice if Connor McDavid is on the Puck ;-)

The puck is loose, i mean real-like loose..i think.
You need to play on Manual Passing and with my combination : max pass speed, low pass speed and the other relevant sliders, you need to pass with sensitiveness. Longer press = harder pass can be to hard and the puck is bouncing off your or your teammates stick… ect.
And on Manual Passing with Passing Assist : 0 you can pass the puck exactly were you want, no automatic pass recieves... you can pass the puck ahead of your teammtes...into open space ect.

****NOTES: Manual line changes is a must, cause you know when to make them, when set on Auto only, you will be caught with your pants down often.
If your line change is to late… you will see more error passing, slower player movements, bad positioning and so on…
You can set manual line change to AUTO AND change your line manualy too.

Ah and play at least 3-4 Games to judge if this fits your style to play. Playing with latest Roster and Latest Gamplay Tuner Update.

I play with Edmonton Oilers, Franchise Mode.

I can only recommend you to watch the short gameplay video/clips in FULLSCREEN...have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GTPO NHL 21 Sliders.pdf (76.6 KB, 1005 views)

Last edited by GetThePuckOut; 08-19-2024 at 09:45 AM. Reason: ONE GAME CHANGER SLIDER UPDATE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Re: *GTPO´s NHL 21 Real Feel Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut

First of all, thanx to all the great Slider Guru´s here!!!
A lot of great Sliders on OP!

I'm an offline player at the core, and I've always wanted a game that plays/feels like real Hockey.
Not really looking for super realistic stats, GAMEPLAY is the true priority*for me...
i play on Pro, i think i see way more Goal variations (you can play Allstar if you want)
You ´ll notice if Connor McDavid is on the Puck ;-)

The puck is loose, i mean real-like loose..i think :-)

You need to play on Manual Passing and with my combination : max pass speed, low pass speed and the other relevant sliders, you need to pass with sensitiveness. Longer press = harder pass can be to hard and the puck is bouncing off your or your teammates stick… ect.

****NOTES: Manual line changes is a must, cause you know when to make them, when set on Auto only, you will be caught with your pants down often.
If your line change is to late… you will see more error passing, slower player movements, bad positioning and so on…
You can set manual line change to AUTO AND change your line manualy to.

Ah and play at least 3-4 Games to judge if this fits your style to play

Play with latest Roster and Latest Tuner Update.

I play with Edmonton Oilers, Franchise Mode.

I can only recommend you to watch the short gameplay video/clips in FullScreen...have fun!
I’ll try these out but I’m more of a true broadcast camera guy so I’ll test on that and let you know. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:34 AM   #3
Rookie

You are welcome.

I gave up on broadcast cam (I like the looks) after trying it out for 40 games...
I can’t pick,a say top corner wrist shot spot. To bad, I'd never really get the hang of it.
Specially with this Slider Set, On Dynamic Medium, it gives a great view of shooting spots & goalie positioning.
I really love the flow, loose pucks, deflections, boardplays, CPU dumps and Ohlala I see Icing etc...

I’m interested to see what you’ll find out with your Broadcast Cam
Old 03-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

It's looking great!
I gonna try out your slider settings. I am also mostly offline player in franchise mode and also playing on Pro.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #5
Rookie

You are welcome 2, hope you have fun with these.
Passing needs practice but I think the real feel (no magnetic pucks-no assist) it's worth it.
There are more gameplay vids on utube with these gameplay slider examples.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #6
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

What’s the advantage to Pro? I am drinking the koolaid on what you’re saying. But just have a question about difficulty and why you chose pro.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:28 PM   #7
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

You’ve definitely got something here. Pro is a no go for me though. I had some trouble adjusting to the passing. But I scored 3 different goals and an empty net only getting 15 shots. I want to raise period lengths to get shot totals closer to nhl numbers. But I don’t want 8-6 or 7-1 games. So I think maybe take these up to All Star and 12 minute periods for me.
Old 03-07-2021, 02:49 AM   #8
Rookie

I think PRO is more like real hockey, I see soo many different goals, more missed passes/shots, offsides, delay of game, missed shots ect. by the CPU.
I think it's much more organic than AllStar.

I know PRO is way too easy sometimes, but every time I think I need to up the difficulty, the game plays neutral and the CPU pressures me and wins the game.
Sometimes you have to play more games than 5 or 6 or more and you will see a losing streak coming.
My concerns are also too many high goals...I win 5-1, 8-3, and so on and then out of nowhere, 1-0, 3-1, 2-0. so I see a lot of different results. Like in the NHL.

The difficulty in getting used to the passing game is a very good sign, because I think we're so used to automatic passing that we don't really know how to play good passes or proper passes.... it's a learning curve for sure, but it's worth it, I think. It's not just the finesse to make a good pass, it's also the direction of the stick/body, the speed of the skater, etc to make a pass successfully.

If you watch an NHL game (or play hockey for real) you see a lot, I mean a lot of incorrect passes, loose pucks, etc. That's what I think is the right way to go.

Sure you can test it at AllStar ect.
maybe lowering the shot accuracy sliders will help you.
In my testing over the last 3 months I don't have good access to AllStar because it doesn't feel as organic as it should be, but testing different sliders is always a good thing.

If you see things in the game that seem weird to you, pause the game and watch the replay, I've probably done this over 100 times and always see that a lot of moments were suddenly like real hockey after all.
...Or there were bugs lol...

Sorry for the long text!
I keep my fingers crossed that you will find your settings.

Last edited by GetThePuckOut; 03-07-2021 at 04:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »