Home

Does Anyone Else Suck at TDD?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Else Suck at TDD? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2021, 10:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Does Anyone Else Suck at TDD?

I absolutely can't stop a takedown to save my life. Feels like no matter what my timing is always late.

Are there any high level tips for stopping takedowns? Common mistakes people make?

I know I'm little heavy on the high block. I probably throw too often and don't have great anticipation skills.

Is there anything else that seems to work well for people consistently that I could practice so I don't get taken down 80% plus?

Note: I exclusively play offline against the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Does Anyone Else Suck at TDD?

Honestly TDD is too easy imo

But you should go into practice and set the AI to utilizing turning takedowns and have them on grapple.

Just get muscle memory for stopping the turns
Old 03-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Yes. I'm 150% awful. If i'm not pre-denying, then i'm on my back 80% of the time.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:00 PM   #4
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Honestly TDD is too easy imo

But you should go into practice and set the AI to utilizing turning takedowns and have them on grapple.

Just get muscle memory for stopping the turns

Maybe you can post a tutorial or something, because i've done the practice for turning and driving td's and watched all the videos out there.... but come fight time i always get dropped on my head.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

I haven't denied a single turning takedown all year. And all that back clinch crap of sometimes you gotta press the stick this way, other times that way, sometimes you can't touch at all... Makes no logical sense to me.

Ground game's still piss-easy, anyway, so I just stall people out on the ground and throw up subs off my back until they get annoyed and stop taking me down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I absolutely can't stop a takedown to save my life. Feels like no matter what my timing is always late.

Are there any high level tips for stopping takedowns? Common mistakes people make?

I know I'm little heavy on the high block. I probably throw too often and don't have great anticipation skills.

Is there anything else that seems to work well for people consistently that I could practice so I don't get taken down 80% plus?

Note: I exclusively play offline against the CPU.

I felt like this at the start too, the main thing I found is just practise ONLY holding L2 + R2 when they shoot. I found myself holding the stick also and this grants a free body lock takedown as it's taken as a deny for a turning takedown. As said above it's rare I don't defend a takedown now after 1000s of games.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:54 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I felt like this at the start too, the main thing I found is just practise ONLY holding L2 + R2 when they shoot. I found myself holding the stick also and this grants a free body lock takedown as it's taken as a deny for a turning takedown. As said above it's rare I don't defend a takedown now after 1000s of games.
I think that might be my issue too. Hitting both buttons at the same time, and not one then the other or both but moving the stick.

Maybe that's it because for the life of me, I can't imagine my timing is that terrible.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2021, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

I suck at it. Against people is easier than CPU, at least then you can pre deny. The CPU just won’t shoot if you are already denying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »