Home

NFLHC09 running in RPCS3 successfully

This is a discussion on NFLHC09 running in RPCS3 successfully within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
NFLHC09 running in RPCS3 successfully

Hey guys,

Used to live in the madden forums here, never noticed this one before

I posted in the nflhc subreddit about this, because from what I could find online, nobody has ever got NFLHC09 running properly in RPCS3 emulator.

Check my link below with all details of my PC specs, the config file I used.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFLHeadCoac...tm_name=iossmf

Video of it running here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMCr...ature=youtu.be

Only 2 issues remaining to fix:
- game crashes the emulator when I exit (just save before I exit and it’s fine)
- field has a weird shine/dirt look to it

Edit: this config is more likely to work for you if your PC is similar specs to mine. Happy to help try debug issues with people too

Last edited by briax87; 02-12-2021 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2021, 10:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NFLHC09 running in RPCS3 successfully

You sir are my hero. I got it running with just a few issues.

Like you I have the dirty field, I can live with that.
In the one game I tried to play the audio was all jacked up though. Not sure if it will be a sporadic thing or everytime.

Finally I cant get a hold of the 1.02 patch. I tried the link from your reddit post but it seems to be dead (the download for the game, the site itself is fine)
Old 02-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You sir are my hero. I got it running with just a few issues.

Like you I have the dirty field, I can live with that.
In the one game I tried to play the audio was all jacked up though. Not sure if it will be a sporadic thing or everytime.

Finally I cant get a hold of the 1.02 patch. I tried the link from your reddit post but it seems to be dead (the download for the game, the site itself is fine)
I've downloaded an app which allows you to download updates for any PS3 game. Google "PS3 Game Update Checker" and you should find a reddit thread with this.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

What is the upside to potentially using with this as opposed to Xenia?
Old 04-02-2021, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

I can also agree that the game works sufficiently enough to be playable. It has its crashes because the game itself crashes like on console. But I have it playing at 4k and using 7.1 surround when I have my headphones. I have 16x anisotropic filter. So pretty much everything but the field looks great. And even then, the field is manageable. The benefit of using RPCS3 is that its more stable than Xenia. You cant finish a game usually, or at least I cant. Also, to change settings on Xenia you need to use a wordpad, its already in the program for RPCS3.

I wish they'd work on the field issue but who knows. Xenia has its own problems anyway where the jersey numbers don't show right during the play. At least the field on RPCS3 is constant, not changing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2021, 08:10 PM   #6
csj
Rookie

The dev forum is incredibly picky about posts. I tried posting on its thread for the game months ago to explain that it was in fact playable.

The config someone posted there (same as this on here?) used to work, but updates to the game have made it less stable and dropped framerates below 15, even on a ryzen 5600x. I haven't managed to find a workaround and plying with settings only made it worse - understandable, since I don't know what I'm doing lol.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Just for fun I tried to get that working last night. Not familiar with the emulator at all. I got the game to boot successfully with the custom config, but the problem was once I booted the game once the next time I would try the game said it didn't have the disc. Seems like the emulator creates a new section everytime I run the new version, and my laptop doesn't have a drive to run the disc from.

Oh well. The fields in the game didn't just "look like dirt" it looked awful to the point of being a very unenjoyable experience. Still flummoxed by the emulator looking for a disk after I successfully run the game once.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #8
Rookie

How is this game in terms of freezing/crashing? Is it anything game breaking as in not being able to advance past a certain point? I've read about the console versions of HC09 freezing at a certain point and not being able to move past that point even after trying multiple times. is that something to worry about with the emulator?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »