Home

Easier scouting?

This is a discussion on Easier scouting? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2020, 03:18 AM   #1
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9
Easier scouting?

So im not a big soccer guy but I picked up fifa for the ps5 and im hooked on career mode. As a mostly madden player the depth of career mode is mind blowing (low bar since im most impressed by the commentary actually acknowledging league events)
But scouting is super boring to me. I dont mean the youth scouting that is fine but scouting to find players on the transfer market is either reallyyyy boring or im doing it wrong. So I hired myself some mid tier scouts and assigned them.. then they find players and then I have to ask them to scout the players they found or I get basically no information. I appreciate the depth but this is a lot of work to find a few players and since I don't know but like 15 soccer players in the world im pretty much playing blind.

So basically 2 questions
1. Is there a way to make scouting quicker so I dont have to scout individual players by clicking them and then waiting 16 days
2. Is there a way to turn off the "fog of war" feature and just let all players ratings be visible?
Thanks!
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2020, 03:46 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Easier scouting?

No and no.

If a player is well known globally, their ratings will already be visible and they will already be scouted. The vast majority of players will need to be scouted.

I don't find scouting particularly arduous. I actually enjoy the process and appreciate the realism. I guess I'd recommend the following, if you're not doing it already:

1. Scout throughout the year. Don't wait until transfer windows to scout but find players in preparation for the window opening.

2. Use the transfer shortlist. Shortlist players that you've scouted who you think you might be interested in signing at any point. This saves you starting a new scouting assignment or scouring old reports.

3. Be precise in your parameters. Scouts can be asked to filter a number of parameters like position, age, etc. Decide exactly which type of player you need and scout only those.

4. Deploy your scouts in sensible countries. Depending on which team you're using, different countries are going to make sense to scout. Consider the number and quality of players, teams, and leagues in the countries that you're scouting.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can just google all player ratings and there potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
So im not a big soccer guy but I picked up fifa for the ps5 and im hooked on career mode. As a mostly madden player the depth of career mode is mind blowing (low bar since im most impressed by the commentary actually acknowledging league events)
But scouting is super boring to me. I dont mean the youth scouting that is fine but scouting to find players on the transfer market is either reallyyyy boring or im doing it wrong. So I hired myself some mid tier scouts and assigned them.. then they find players and then I have to ask them to scout the players they found or I get basically no information. I appreciate the depth but this is a lot of work to find a few players and since I don't know but like 15 soccer players in the world im pretty much playing blind.

So basically 2 questions
1. Is there a way to make scouting quicker so I dont have to scout individual players by clicking them and then waiting 16 days
2. Is there a way to turn off the "fog of war" feature and just let all players ratings be visible?
Thanks!
Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-31-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Www.sofifa.com

Also, get specific on instructions to narrow your choices.

Sent from my Note 10+ using the innerweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA
Old 01-01-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

If you want to use the in-game scouting system, Mackrel's tips to get the most out of it are solid. As a long-time FIFA player and soccer fan, I prefer to use the GTN system to add some depth and challenge. But if you're a bit overwhelmed -- which I get because Madden's franchise mode is now unfamiliar to me after mostly sitting out the last gen -- SoFIFA is a great way to identify players with more advanced search and filtering options.

You should still use the GTN to ascertain current ratings and value, especially once you get into a career as players can develop rapidly this year, but at least you can get a head start online. And you'll want to remember dynamic potential means SoFIFA ratings aren't definitive; players can grow past their starting potential if the play well and will grow more slowly if they don't play. The former can be quite dramatic, not sure if players will truly bust if neglected but they definitely won't progress as much.

Last edited by Qb; 01-01-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »