Home

NCAA 14 to M21 Draft Class Project

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 to M21 Draft Class Project within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-30-2020, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Stud_Ray's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA 14 to M21 Draft Class Project

So.. I'm not sure how/if anybody would be interested in this, but over the past 2 weeks or more, I have been working on a tool (aka a spreadsheet) to make moving players from NCAA 14 to M21 much easier.

I will give you guys a little backstory so people know how I ended up doing this.

I have been an avid Madden 21 Franchise player, and I am now in my 4th online season. One day, I discovered that NCAA 14 was playable on RPCS3. As many of you probably know, NCAA 14 was the last installment of the franchise and it allowed the exporting of draft classes to Madden 25 (Which is immediately tried to find on RPCS3). Before you know it, I was going through Dynasty seasons left and right and using Mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool to my hearts content. Before I go to far into a rabbit hole, my goal initially was to copy the stats of the players i wanted from M25 to M21, and it didn't work out as well as i thought it would. A lot of the stats didn't match up. I.E. I seen rookie QB's with 95 SPD and the highest SPD i seen on a rookie QB in madden was 88.
So here's what I did. I used the NCAA Dynasty Editor tool, to find the min/max attributes of the targeted positions - Documented my results in Excel, and then proceeded to do the same in the M21 automated draft classes. Ofcourse, in Madden I went through multiple draft classes to find the true min/max of attributes.
I did all of this with the goal of changing stats so that they fit into the M21 automated draft classes. Here's a screenshot of part of what I have so far.

As you might be able to figure out in the screenshot, the idea is to open the NCAA Dynasty Editor, or EA DB Editor, and find the attributes of a given star. I.E. if you see that a player in NCAA 14 has 99 SPD, you would consult the chart and see where 99 SPD falls, and whatever the number that coincides with rating - is your madden rating. After you get your ratings, all the other stuff you need, like equipment, is on another tab in the Editors. All you have to do is find what you need and plug it into Madden.

There may be easier ways to accomplish this, but this is what I came up with on my own. I'm curious to get your guys' thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-12-29 225147.png (849.0 KB, 447 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA 14 to M21 Draft Class Project

I’d be interested in checking this out if your willing to share? Looks pretty cool.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #3
Rookie

This is an incredible idea! Look forward to seeing your progress
Old 01-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #4
Pro

sms024's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_Ray
So.. I'm not sure how/if anybody would be interested in this, but over the past 2 weeks or more, I have been working on a tool (aka a spreadsheet) to make moving players from NCAA 14 to M21 much easier.

I will give you guys a little backstory so people know how I ended up doing this.

I have been an avid Madden 21 Franchise player, and I am now in my 4th online season. One day, I discovered that NCAA 14 was playable on RPCS3. As many of you probably know, NCAA 14 was the last installment of the franchise and it allowed the exporting of draft classes to Madden 25 (Which is immediately tried to find on RPCS3). Before you know it, I was going through Dynasty seasons left and right and using Mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool to my hearts content. Before I go to far into a rabbit hole, my goal initially was to copy the stats of the players i wanted from M25 to M21, and it didn't work out as well as i thought it would. A lot of the stats didn't match up. I.E. I seen rookie QB's with 95 SPD and the highest SPD i seen on a rookie QB in madden was 88.
So here's what I did. I used the NCAA Dynasty Editor tool, to find the min/max attributes of the targeted positions - Documented my results in Excel, and then proceeded to do the same in the M21 automated draft classes. Ofcourse, in Madden I went through multiple draft classes to find the true min/max of attributes.
I did all of this with the goal of changing stats so that they fit into the M21 automated draft classes. Here's a screenshot of part of what I have so far.

As you might be able to figure out in the screenshot, the idea is to open the NCAA Dynasty Editor, or EA DB Editor, and find the attributes of a given star. I.E. if you see that a player in NCAA 14 has 99 SPD, you would consult the chart and see where 99 SPD falls, and whatever the number that coincides with rating - is your madden rating. After you get your ratings, all the other stuff you need, like equipment, is on another tab in the Editors. All you have to do is find what you need and plug it into Madden.

There may be easier ways to accomplish this, but this is what I came up with on my own. I'm curious to get your guys' thoughts.
This looks really good. I actually just finished an excell spread sheet with this kind of thing in mind, except I'm trying to do it for console. I have EVERYTHING down except the attribute conversion from NCAA to Madden. Would very much be interested in seeing the complete version and how it turns out

Are the colored scales NCAA attributes and the far left black ratings the new madden rating?

Last edited by sms024; 01-23-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms024
This looks really good. I actually just finished an excell spread sheet with this kind of thing in mind, except I'm trying to do it for console. I have EVERYTHING down except the attribute conversion from NCAA to Madden. Would very much be interested in seeing the complete version and how it turns out

Are the colored scales NCAA attributes and the far left black ratings the new madden rating?
How are things going with this project?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #6
Rookie

starallgame's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_Ray

If you were to do this project for Madden 22, I highly recommend using the NCAA 14 Dynasty Tool by Arrowhead and TheBleedingRed21.

Last edited by starallgame; 06-28-2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:33 PM   #7
Just started!

Have you made any progress on this? I'd love to help see if we can figure it out.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Stud_Ray's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms024

So the way I was approaching it was, the ratings on the far left were the NCAA 14 Rating, and then the ratings in each column would be what you would convert that rating to for Madden. I tried studying ratings for players of each position to come up with an a number that translates. Like, if the fastest running backs in NCAA 14 had 99 speed, but the fastest rookie running backs from Madden only had 95 speed, than the NCAA players with 99 Speed would be converted to 95 speed, and etc. If that makes sense?

So far, it's a lengthy progress but it seems to be working as intended

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »