Home

Does the QB still drop back and.back on Madden 21 Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Does the QB still drop back and.back on Madden 21 Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-28-2020, 03:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does the QB still drop back and.back on Madden 21 Next Gen?

First,let me give you an example of how ridiculous Madden's version of "simulation football" is before
I ask the question. I was playing in the Super Bowl(which was said to be in Tampa but in Hard Rock Stadium?)as the Cowboys vs the Chiefs in Madden 20 last night. I'm ahead 28-9,late in the 3rd. Mahomes dropped back and back on 3 successive plays,ending in huge sacks. 3 straight huge losses! Not like actual football at all! They had a 4th and 63....4th and 63! They go for it on 4th down and.....ball is popped up in the air and brought in for a 77 yard td. Don't tell me Madden's CPU doesn't do things(scripted) on purpose. I win 31-23 but,that wasn't in any way a simulation of what we see in real life. Anyway,do the CPU QBs still have that problem of dropping back and back only to suffer HUGE sacks in Madden 21 on Next Gen consoles?

Last edited by Qcsports4; 12-28-2020 at 03:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2020, 07:10 AM   #2
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Re: Does the QB still drop back and.back on Madden 21 Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
First,let me give you an example of how ridiculous Madden's version of "simulation football" is before
I ask the question. I was playing in the Super Bowl(which was said to be in Tampa but in Hard Rock Stadium?)as the Cowboys vs the Chiefs in Madden 20 last night. I'm ahead 28-9,late in the 3rd. Mahomes dropped back and back on 3 successive plays,ending in huge sacks. 3 straight huge losses! Not like actual football at all! They had a 4th and 63....4th and 63! They go for it on 4th down and.....ball is popped up in the air and brought in for a 77 yard td. Don't tell me Madden's CPU doesn't do things(scripted) on purpose. I win 31-23 but,that wasn't in any way a simulation of what we see in real life. Anyway,do the CPU QBs still have that problem of dropping back and back only to suffer HUGE sacks in Madden 21 on Next Gen consoles?
I have not seen that happen yet on next gen. Saw it happen all the time on current gen but so far nothing on the Series X. QB will either just take the sack, throw the ball away quickly, or try and scramble if it's someone like Wilson, Mahomes, etc. 9 times out of 10 I've seen the QB throw it away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

No, the issue is gone in NextGen.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm thru 3 seasons. Hasnt happened once
Old 12-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Haven't seen it either but there is excessive QB throw out of bounds when any DL breaks containment. I probably see 6-7 throwaways per game. So it's one thing or another. I guess I slightly prefer the excessive throwaways to these deep sacks on braindead QBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

I've only seen it happen on the Next Gen Madden during the Practice Drills.

I play as the Seahawks, and during the Defensive Drills, Russell Wilson has a habit of dropping back and back and back if the coverage is tight enough. He never seems to take the ball and run it during those specific drills.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll be saving up for a PS5,as soon as I can find one lol. It really was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in all my years of playing the Madden series of games going back to my SNES. 4th and 63.....4th and 63....and they still get a td after a deflection!! I still won but,it still frustrated me because that's not realistic.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Now if only my safeties would drop back and cover someone..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »