Home

My Career Difficulty

This is a discussion on My Career Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2020, 01:28 AM   #1
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3
My Career Difficulty

What’s the best difficulty setting and quarter length to maximize badge grinding and VC in 2k21 my career?

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
Rookie

mlbaddicted's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Career Difficulty

HOF 12min qtrs.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Cash Stevens's Arena

Rookie 12 mins
Old 12-31-2020, 01:26 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

Rookie 5 min.

Finishing and shooting is all about efficiency.
5/5 is better then 20/50.
Defense is all about getting stops and good contest.
Passing is good passes and assist with
Lobs being easy if you play with giannis.

Get a early big lead and you can sit and sim with vc in the 3rd.

Quick short games with vc that earns you badge progression and not to mention those contracts which you should just prioritize to get as much vc as you can.
Also do practice especially when its read.
Free throw easiest for shooting.
Putback finishing.
Lob city passing and charge defense.

Play 45 games then sim playoffs and win it all and you get gym rat badge.
Go into fa and get a 1000vc salary with 1.1 or 1.2 on a 1 year deal.

Rise and repeat lol.

Btw play mynation on current gen which helps alot with badge progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-04-2021, 12:37 PM   #5
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Should I skip the story, pick my nba team and just start there ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2021, 09:03 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Should I skip the story, pick my nba team and just start there ?

I would. I'd skip the story and then play until you are a reliable starter then sim your first season and try to sign a 1k per game 1.1vc contract. If your stats are right, you can. They are like WE AINT GIVING U THE MAX but then ask again and they should. But you want to wait til they give you close to max minutes.

As for grinding, the best grinding is 1: always play your mc nation games! and 2, if you're a shooter I'd play all-star and anything else I'd play hof. I'd play short games, too. The badges are important but vc matters more. Just make sure you can get an A+ in the allotted time. You might wanna play more minutes early before you are a starter, up2u.

Edit:another thing u should note is AFAIK u can't get two badge upgrades in one game. So there is, at least early, a cap on how many badge pts u wanna get.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 03-06-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:28 AM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
I would. I'd skip the story and then play until you are a reliable starter then sim your first season and try to sign a 1k per game 1.1vc contract. If your stats are right, you can. They are like WE AINT GIVING U THE MAX but then ask again and they should. But you want to wait til they give you close to max minutes.

As for grinding, the best grinding is 1: always play your mc nation games! and 2, if you're a shooter I'd play all-star and anything else I'd play hof. I'd play short games, too. The badges are important but vc matters more. Just make sure you can get an A+ in the allotted time. You might wanna play more minutes early before you are a starter, up2u.

Edit:another thing u should note is AFAIK u can't get two badge upgrades in one game. So there is, at least early, a cap on how many badge pts u wanna get.

-Smak
Got it. Thanks man.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I did HOF at 5 minutes. I wouldn't say it is the best. But, I wouldn't say I tried my hardest to grind since I was more concerned about zooming through 1st season so I can gain the unlockable perks(playbooks, etc). Took me the whole season to get enough skill points to unlock 94 OVR and almost max all my badges. But, If I didn't sim playoffs, I would have been able to max things before second season.

I would recommend focusing your practices early on grinding towards badges you can't easily get badge XP for in games. After a few games, you should know which skills you can and can't easily obtain badges XP for in games. If I would have known that in the beginning, I would have been maxed all my badges. It's so tempting to just strengthen your strengths first. But, it's probably more beneficial to max your weaker skill badges first in practices. For example my Center is an undersized all around athletic big that's good but not great in the 4 main skills. But, it is a lot easier for me to gain Defensive/Rebounding and Finishing badges XP in games compared to Shooting and Playmaking. Playing on HoF at 5 minutes, you don't have many opportunities to shoot(unless you're forcing it) and getting assists, especially as a Center. If I knew what I did now, I would focused on getting Shooting and Playmaking badges in Practice and getting Defense and Finishing in games. I would have gotten it around 50-60 games.

Easiest badges for me for each skill:
Finishing- Alley Oop drill. All you have to do is complete 3 of 10 alley oop finishes to get 750 points
Shooting- Pin to Flare. I would say Free Throw Golf, but at 80 FT, I still couldn't knock down enough FTs consistently to get 3 stars. Pin to Flare is a easy drill if you have decent Mid Range and 3pt. You essentially just have to make 4-5 shots in a minute and you get 700 points
Playmaking- Pick and Roll Combo. It's the easiest drill for me because there is no time limit. You can literally walk through drill and take your time to correctly push the prompted button. You don't even have to make a shot and can still get 3 stars as long as you choose right button and you get 750 points.
Defense- Charge drill. Its the easiest drill in the game and still gives you max badge points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »