Home

NBA 2K21 Play Now Online Remains Broken on Next-Gen Consoles

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Play Now Online Remains Broken on Next-Gen Consoles within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K21 Play Now Online Remains Broken on Next-Gen Consoles

The PNO community is basically Oliver Twist in its purest form. With NBA 2K21 Play Now...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is so freaking annoying to me! I don't even really play in the Park/City or whatever it's called now. I mainly play on Play Now Online in any NBA 2K game. For the life of me I don't understand why it's still so bugged out when they knew all along that they would be releasing this for the Next-Gen consoles.

I can't even get a win after the other guy quits because I'm blowing him out. I've blown people out in the 1st or 2nd quarter and my opponent will just quit because they already know that there aren't any consequences for doing so. In Current-Gen if you quit at any point within the game then you get a L. I'm just so frustrated with this.

Not only that you can't even select your defensive Matchups against the other team without the player selection jumping up and down all over the roster whenever you press left or right on the D-Pad. I don't understand why they released this so early if it was so damn buggy and not ready. Did they even use game testers or did they just not care for Play Now Online gamers???

Last edited by ChaseB; 12-18-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K21 Play Now Online Remains Broken on Next-Gen Consoles

Can you imagine if they really are purposely trying to phase out this mode......

We’d have an nba game and wouldn’t be able to play the current nba game online ???

That’s pretty crazy if you just sit back and think about it.

The game is called NBA 2K......lol

Those of us that play this mode are “old heads”.....crazy if you sit back and think about it......

If you said to me 20 years ago when I was playing nba 2k1 online on sega dreamcast that in 20 years nobody would play this mode/play the game “like this”, and play these things called park, rec and get purple diamond cards I’d think your were crazy......

Well. 20 years later and here we are.

Still. Band together “old heads”
Old 12-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Can you imagine if they really are purposely trying to phase out this mode......

We’d have an nba game and wouldn’t be able to play the current nba game online ???

That’s pretty crazy if you just sit back and think about it.

The game is called NBA 2K......lol

Those of us that play this mode are “old heads”.....crazy if you sit back and think about it......

If you said to me 20 years ago when I was playing nba 2k1 online on sega dreamcast that in 20 years nobody would play this mode/play the game “like this”, and play these things called park, rec and get purple diamond cards I’d think your were crazy......

Well. 20 years later and here we are.

Still. Band together “old heads”
When I hear people do the whole "2K doesn't care about my favorite part of the game!" thing because they didn't get something in particular they wanted...

I'm just sitting here like, Imagine your entire mode being completely unchanged from a universally hated format for 5 years..then just not working all together one year, lmao.

Not a mention of fixing either.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Boomers and dinosaurs. Because we like to play a close semblance of NBA ball instead of getting jerked out my money creating a player for some fantasy league that doesn't resemble any form of basketball played on the planet.

OK then. I'll wear that like a badge of honor from the generation of Barney kids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

They do not care about us dinosaurs or these modes.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #7
Rookie

And I thought it is just me where all my games don’t count...hopefully 2K is fixing this soon...
Old 12-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Exclamation Re: NBA 2K21 Play Now Online Remains Broken on Next-Gen Consoles

I LOVE THIS THREAD! Get this out there. MAKE 2k HOPEFULLY FIX THIS MONSTROSITY. I’m currently in the Development rank. And i should be WAY higher. Like this post clearly states, there is just no rhyme or reason for why wins donn’t quit. All of his examples are exactly what i have had to go through. Playing a whole game just so my opponent can quit in the 4th, dont count. Blow my opponent out right out of the gate... rage quit...i dont get the win. It’s definitely frustrating. And what’s crazy is i keep playing just hoping I get a W that counts because...sometimes they do.

Of course with Myteam, a huuge money making mode all those games count. Soon as someone quits, you get every W. I have no clue why PNO is soo broken. But im definitely glad its not just a me problem. Im 33-10 and the reality is, i really should be like 60-10. I have been robbed of soooo many wins it’s damn near comical.

Please 2K. Fix this horrible mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »