Home

I cant let EA off the hook for this anymore (Stat-Tracking Issue W/ Catches Allowed)

This is a discussion on I cant let EA off the hook for this anymore (Stat-Tracking Issue W/ Catches Allowed) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
I cant let EA off the hook for this anymore (Stat-Tracking Issue W/ Catches Allowed)

I like to play franchise mode as a DB and one the biggest areas of the game that tracks how well of a shut down corner you really are isn't ints. Its catches allowed. For some odd reason we have been going on for years with this stat not tracking during games played. It's only tracked with simulated games. I've been waiting for EA to fix this because the stat is in the game as if it's really there to you know actually track how many catches you allowed. This should also factor into season goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2020, 01:45 AM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I cant let EA off the hook for this anymore

They will just go and remove this stat as they did with wr drops. Since they could t get it to work for human they will.

That being said if they can't fix it I prefer it remove as well.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2020, 04:07 AM   #3
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0

Franchise stats / SIM stats need a major overhaul tbh. More advanced stats like every other sports game would be nice
Old 12-16-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
Pro

Ok but I’ll tell you that even in real life this is an extremely difficult metric to track,

Man coverage is fairly easy, though how do you measure double coverage situations? What about zone? When a receiver goes from one zone to another? Who is responsible when a receiver sits in between defenders?

Not trying to the “that” guy. I’ve had had my share of complaints lately. But implementing this will only lead to more anger when the user believes that player a was responsible for allowing the catch but EA says it was player b
Old 12-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Ok but I’ll tell you that even in real life this is an extremely difficult metric to track,

Man coverage is fairly easy, though how do you measure double coverage situations? What about zone? When a receiver goes from one zone to another? Who is responsible when a receiver sits in between defenders?

Not trying to the “that” guy. I’ve had had my share of complaints lately. But implementing this will only lead to more anger when the user believes that player a was responsible for allowing the catch but EA says it was player b
I would say i agree but i was raised to try instead of giving up. Any and Every stat that they implement they should at least try to make it work throughout the game online and off. EA cant even take blame for the error fully because they can just say it didnt work when they did it so they quit at sim tracking only. why put in anything if its not working across the entire game?

We are in the cancel culture gen, gaming next gen, protest happy with or without valid reasons, yet speaking ILL of EA is one of the greatest sin that will not be tolerated by gamers discussing game improvements and mishaps. If its fixed correctly, even somewhat, yayyyy. if not, same ol same ol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree. There's more metrics to being a good db than tackles and Ints. In fact when a corner has a lot of tackles that usually means they give up a lot catches. And the best corners get very few ints since many qbs won't even test them. But that's all that matters when getting XP in Madden. It's needs to be redone for sure.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2020, 01:37 PM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Try playing CFM as a D lineman. You literally can't. Regardless of your stats the CPU will never put you in the Rushing position of the depth chart even if you're the best player on the whole team. That means you only play in 3-4/4-3 packages and the FG block.

It's a joke. There's so much stuff broken in this game and they just don't care.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I cant let EA off the hook for this anymore (Stat-Tracking Issue W/ Catches Allow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I like to play franchise mode as a DB and one the biggest areas of the game that tracks how well of a shut down corner you really are isn't ints. Its catches allowed. For some odd reason we have been going on for years with this stat not tracking during games played. It's only tracked with simulated games. I've been waiting for EA to fix this because the stat is in the game as if it's really there to you know actually track how many catches you allowed. This should also factor into season goals.
To me, the biggest issue with this is that by not tracking this stat, your DBs morale will become disproportionately high as the season wears on.

As a result, their performance (and pass coverage in general for the HUM controlled team) gets much better late in the season than it was early on.

EA has claimed that the effect of Morale / Confidence isn't as overbaked as it was at the outset, but regardless of what the numbers LOOK like, the difference in coverage late in the season, relative to early on is VERY noticeable.

In addition to reducing CPU pass game effectiveness, things like INTs and Coverage Sacks also increase as the Catches Allowed stat fails to be tracked, resulting in jacked up Morale / Confidence.

So, I'd also add "fundamental gameplay issues" to the list of negatives triggered by the failure to track this stat.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »