Home

Help a life-long post big man shoot?

This is a discussion on Help a life-long post big man shoot? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help a life-long post big man shoot?

Hey guys,

Well, I’ve been playing as a post big since like NBA live 2000. And this year, for park, it’s just not doable. So I went ahead and made a sort of do it all PF, just like everyone else.

So now I have to learn to shoot, but it feels so inconsistent. I have an 84 three, which I assume should be good enough... but so far, no luck.

So can you all help me out? Like, start to finish, what do I need to know/be doing?

A few notes:

I shoot using the stick, no meter, no shot aiming. I am using jumpshot... hm, 63 or 68? Can’t remember which? With Rudy Gay top and bottom, at 100 percent release speed. I only have two badges so far for shooting, max of like seven or eight... I put on bronze deep threes and bronze catch and shoot (I will be a catch and shoot guy pretty much exclusively.). I am playing around with tapping left trigger before I shoot, to get my feet set, but am not totally sure I am doing it right. My shots tend to register as “slightly early”.

Anyway... help me, Operation Sports players, you are my only hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help a life-long post big man shoot?

Man.... nobody?
Old 12-15-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

If you start learning shooting I would not really do so by shooting deep 3's. And first of all, jumpshots have different release windows depending on where you are on the court. The deeper you are the longer it takes. Its only a few milliseconds, but its noticeable.

With 84 you should be hitting 3's consistently, im shooting 55% and I also have 84 or 85 I think.

Start with one of the more common jumpshots like 98, Burke, Wade or Curry. These are most common because its known they have the biggest green release windows. Look at the release and wait until the hand is at the highest point for the release. Try out different releases if that makes it easier for you...
Old 12-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'll let you in on my jumper

101, Steph, Steph.

Work on your jumper in the Gatorade center or MC practice and get your timing down.
Turn the meter off to get the boost
Get your hot zones in MC

You'll knock it down a lot more frequently.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Okay, thanks guys, that's a great start. I have to figure out this "hot zone" thing... where is it actually shown?

Also, can I ask, any thoughts on button vs stick for shooting? I've never shot using the button (as a big you just want to be on stick to make sure you are going up with the correct hand each time) but I've had a few people say it is better... but I feel like I read somewhere that there is a bonus for using stick?

(Also, I am not going NEAR the "shot aim" thing... that seems really tricky)

Oh, and can I ask... I've heard about tapping left trigger before you shoot... I guess to set your feet? Do you do that? Do you do that EVERY time, or just if you were moving on the pass? Like, if I am standing stock still, should I STILL tap left trigger to set my feet, or am I already considered set?

Oh, and people seem to SWEAR by the "blinders" badge. Is it really that good? I tend to shoot only when open, and not as much when people are closing on me...

Thanks guys, this is SO so new to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I am also curious about the answers to these questions. This is my first 2k in a while and I'd like to know which methods give you boosts and such...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »