Home

Lets talk about these new ragdoll KOs

This is a discussion on Lets talk about these new ragdoll KOs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Lets talk about these new ragdoll KOs

"These new knockouts will have drastically increased ragdoll physics and will cause the fight to end immediately without the fighter jumping on the downed opponent. This will add some exciting flair and unpredictability to fights going forward."

This is a bit from the official patch notes.

The last thing I want to do is sound ungrateful or dismissive, because the opposite is true. When I see stuff like this in official patch notes or being mentioned by Devs I get extremely excited because it means you are actively working on a part of the game I am pretty passionate about. That leads me to my input on this.

Forced walk-off KOs should never be something that happens commonly. This community has had this battle before and I was hoping that it was past us. Now I understand mechanically why its the case. The devs have said in the past that we can either have full ragdolls with no Finish the Fight or we can have partial ragdolls with Finish the Fight (EA UFC 2 had both but I imagine its why we had some big pauses between the KO and Finish the Fight sometimes.). With that understood, I have personally been pushing for the Finish the Fight system to be changed completely if necessary to get the desired end goal: Full ragdoll KOs with Finish the Fight that feels and looks good.

Now I would like to think this was a step in that direction, but statements like "This will add some exciting flair and unpredictability to fights going forward" make me think this is the teams desired end result.

If I'm brutally honest, if this area of the game doesn't get updated anymore until EA UFC 5, I'd actually prefer the pre-patch 6.0 state. After playing just one Tournament I've already gotten way too many forced walk-off KOs.

I wouldn't blame the Devs for rolling their eyes or thinking to themselves "these ragdoll guys can't be pleased!" but I'd be doing myself a disservice if I didn't mention my issues with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Lets talk about these new ragdoll KOs

I have only played a couple games but I definitely don’t like it if this is how it is going to work.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/st0nedape...rsakenblowfish
Old 12-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I have only played a couple games but I definitely don’t like it if this is how it is going to work.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/st0nedape...rsakenblowfish
Thats why I feel the system truly needs an overhaul. I don't expect perfection through patches but I do hope improvements are made from where we are now.

If things are still in need of improvements by the time EA UFC 5 comes out I really hope they finally pour as much resources as possible into making finishes look good. It is long overdue.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #4
Pro

I often feel conflicted about bringing up this topic again and again. I feel that maybe I'm repeating the same concept over and over for no reason, but when forced walk-off KOs are reintroduced in a patch I feel like remaining silent is the last thing I should do.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Thats why I feel the system truly needs an overhaul. I don't expect perfection through patches but I do hope improvements are made from where we are now.

If things are still in need of improvements by the time EA UFC 5 comes out I really hope they finally pour as much resources as possible into making finishes look good. It is long overdue.

As short as the clip is it shows a lot of what I don’t like in the mechanics. I catch him with the knee when he is going for the takedown. It doesn’t even rock him. I throw two uppercuts that don’t appear to do anything. We both throw combos at the same time and neither of us seem to react to any of the shots. Then I get ko’ed off a jab with full head health after landing six power shots with his head flashing. The sequence just doesn’t make any logical sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Can you guys post your ragdoll KOs here so everyone can give feedback and see how they perform?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
As short as the clip is it shows a lot of what I don’t like in the mechanics. I catch him with the knee when he is going for the takedown. It doesn’t even rock him. I throw two uppercuts that don’t appear to do anything. We both throw combos at the same time and neither of us seem to react to any of the shots. Then I get ko’ed off a jab with full head health after landing six power shots with his head flashing. The sequence just doesn’t make any logical sense.
Ah okay I'm specifically talking about KOs and how they aesthetically look. How the sequence played out is another conversation entirely. Unless you somehow think the new "Lights out KOs" caused you to be KOed when pre-patch you would have been fine?
Old 12-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I often feel conflicted about bringing up this topic again and again. I feel that maybe I'm repeating the same concept over and over for no reason, but when forced walk-off KOs are reintroduced in a patch I feel like remaining silent is the last thing I should do.
I like rag doll KOs in theory but they always suck in practice. Since the days of THQ UFC games they always just open an annoying exploit when people figure out the scenario to make it happen every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »