Home

NEXT GEN Jordan and the '96 Bulls

This is a discussion on NEXT GEN Jordan and the '96 Bulls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
NEXT GEN Jordan and the '96 Bulls

Finally got a hold of the Xbox Series X and immediately put on a game between my 1996 Bulls matched up against the New Look Lakers.

Thought I'd share some screencaps.

Still working on the video of the game. There's a problem with the Xbox video captures having no audio.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
Pro

YungGun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NEXT GEN Jordan and the '96 Bulls

Nice screenshots. It's a shame the audio issue still hasn't been fixed. That's been an ongoing issue with 2K on Xbox for a few years now. It really ruins the game captures.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Nice screenshots. It's a shame the audio issue still hasn't been fixed. That's been an ongoing issue with 2K on Xbox for a few years now. It really ruins the game captures.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It sucks. I don't make any money from posting vids of my games and it's not worth it to get an elgato capture card for it.

I have been capturing using 2k on Steam on my PC.

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
Pro

Video is up!

Still no Audio. XBOX Capture bug it looks like.

https://youtu.be/8VrfkJC6Mic

Old 12-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
Pro

CHICAGO -- First Look at the Next Gen Magic Johnson and the 1986 Lakers. THey go up against Jordan and the 1996 Bulls.

https://youtu.be/AyfhYPEmFK8

In the first quarter, the Lakers gameplan was clear. Pound the ball down low to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and let him score. He had 11 first quarter points. Jordan was active, but not really shooting well. He did score on a jumper to beat the buzzer at the end of the 1st quarter to narrow the Laker lead 24-22.

(Jump to 2nd quarter 16:20)
THe Lakers continued their strong play at the start of the 2nd, with their interior defense tightening, forcing turnovers. Lakers continued to give the ball inside to Kareem with success. The Bulls, however, were able to slow down the tempo, and kept it close. They were behind most of the quarter until the last minute where Jordan caught fire and was able to get Chicago the the lead headed into the half. (jump to last few secs of the 2nd (32:37)

It's 46-43 Chicago. Jordan already had 20 pts, to counter Kareem who had 19. Magic Johnson already had 11 assists.

(36:12) In the 3rd quarter, Jordan and company stuck with the same gameplan, slowing the tempo while Jordan produced 11 points to keep a 2-point lead for the Bulls going into the final quarter 74-72.

(52:05) In the 4th quarter, the Bulls started on a 12-1 run to lead by double digits early on. Magic Johnson would try to rally his team however, and was more aggressive offensively in this period. The Bulls also got into the penalty early. The Bulls were able to hit open shots off Jordan double teams though and they were able to keep the Lakers at bay. Kukoc would be the beneficiary, hitting 10 pts in the period. Jordan would put the finishing touches and the Bulls win this one, 104-95.

Jordan was POG with 38 pts, 3 rebs 10 assts 2 stls 1 blk. Pippen added 19 with 6 rebs 3 assts, 2stls 1blk. Rodman had 13 boards. Kukoc had 15 pts off the bench.

Kareem led the way with 25 pts, most of them in the first half. Magic finished with 22 pts and a game-high 17 assts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #6
Pro

It's a 1996 NBA Finals rematch Next Gen style.

Here are the last few minutes of the game where the Sonics are able to come back from 8 points down with 3 mins to go to take the lead with 15 secs to go. THey were down by as much as 19 in this game.

https://youtu.be/qOw-eOcnm_U

Bulls respond with my first gamewinner of the Next Gen era.

Michael Jordan finished with 35 pts 7 assts 3 stls 1 blk. Pippen added 25 while Kukoc had 12. Rodman pulled 22 rebs.

Gary Payton led the SOnics with 32 pts 5 assts. Shawn Kemp managed only 18 pts 9 rebs, but 10 in the 4th where they were able to come back.

Old 01-06-2021, 09:40 AM   #7
Pro

CLEVELAND - Next Gen goes to Cleveland to battle the 2016 Cavaliers. We'll see if they can defeat another 70-win team, the OG 1996 Bulls.

https://youtu.be/t30vYYtRYIg

The first quarter was a defensive quarter for the Bulls as they held CLeveland to 39% shooting, and led 25-19 at the end of the 1st. (15:45) The Cavs continued to struggle offensively and fell behind by double digits early. But as Jordan went to the bench, the Bulls offense also stagnated and Cavs got to within 5. Jordan came back from his usual rest to wake the Bulls up from their offensive slumber, and would bring the lead back to double digits with a spectaculat poster dunk over Tristan THompson (25:06). Kyrie Irving went on a tear though, scoring 17 2nd quarter points and led the Cavs back to within 1 pt. Jordan matched him offensively, however. Shumpert and JR Smith some 3-pointers and narrowed the gap as well.

Chicago lead is 3, 53-50 at the half. It was a Kyrie-Jordan showdown. Kyrie had 22, Jordan 27.

The Bulls started the third quarter (33:49) on an 12-2 run, as they pushed the tempo. Cavs were missing some makeable shots too. THey were up by double digits for most of the quarter, was up by 13, until Lebron (48:27) made a driving dunk on Toni Kukoc with 1 sec to go to narrow the lead somewhat to 11, 80-69 going into the final quarter.

The Cavs scored the first 5 pts of the 4th quarter (49:17), and was hitting from outside. JR Smith got into one of his shooting streaks, scoring 13 pts in the period, THe Cavs evened the score with 7 minutes to go. Cavs continued to double Jordan, but MJ's teammates were able to hit their shots. Still it remained close in the final minutes, and the Cavs (1:00:13) tied the game once again at 98 with 3 mins to go after a 3-pointer from LeBron. Cleveland (1:01:07) had a chance to go up by 3, but Kyrie missed a 3-pointer. On the next possession, Ron Harper hit probably the biggest shot of the game with a 3-pointer off a Jordan double team to give them a 101-98 advantage.

The last few possessions came down to execution and who would hit their shots. Both teams missed some makeable shots which could have turned the tide either way. Ultimately, Michael Jordan would give the final blow (106), with a baseline drive off a double team to give the Bulls a 5-pt lead with 16 secs to go. JR would hit a 3 next, but then Jordan made 1/2 FTs, keeping the lead at 3. The Cavs would have the last chance to tie it, but LeBron would miss a 3-pointer at the top of the key, with a challenge my Jordan, and the Bulls hang on to win 108-103.

Jordan finished with game with 42 pts, 6 rebs, 13 assts, 3 stls. Pippen added 22-8-6.

Kyrie tried to match MJ with 37 pts of his own and 8 assts. JR had 21. LeBron had a very disappointing game, with 11 pts 3 rebs on 5/11 shooting.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:33 AM   #8
Pro

MIAMI -- The 2013 Champs host Jordan and the '96 Bulls. The crew is more complete this year, as the game has decided to include Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller on the team.

https://youtu.be/l6oFex9iq5Q

The first quarter was a good shooting quarter for both teams. The Bulls ended the quarter with a 9-0 run in the last 2 minutes however, and the Bulls go up 36-25 after 1.

In the second quarter, the Bulls got hot late from outside, and grow lead to double digits. THe Heat struggled against the Bulls D, shooting 38% in the quarter, and trail the Bulls going into the half, 62-46.

In the 3rd quarter, both teams struggled offensively overall. Bulls were able to go up by as much as 18, but a late surge led by LeBron who would have 11 3rd quarter pts, would cut the lead to 10 73-63 headed into the 4th quarter.

THe 4th quarter was very sluggish for both teams, as they struggled to get any kind of rhythm with both James and Jordan on the bench resting. It was a 6-pt game as both superstars came back midway. Jordan would get active, would find some open teammates off double teams, while LeBron would start missing some good shots. THe result, lead of 10 with just aminute to go, and this would be too much to overcome for the Heat. Pippen would give the final blow, scoring on a spinning dunk with an and-1, in the final seconds.

Final score: 102-89.

LeBron finished with 31 pts 8 rebs 8 assts 1 stl. Wade had 20 pts 5 assts. Bosh was again lackluster with 9 pts, 9 rebs.

POG was Jordan who had 37 pts 6 rebs 11 assts. Pippen added 24 pts 6 rebs 4 assts. Rodman had 15 boards, 8 assts.

The Bulls bench outscored the Heat 27-17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »