Home

Next-Gen Not Transferring Current-Gen Franchises?

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Not Transferring Current-Gen Franchises? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Next-Gen Not Transferring Current-Gen Franchises?

Hey everybody, just had a question for those fortunate enough to be enjoying their next-gen systems as others continue the hunt. I just installed Madden 21's free next-gen upgrade, however, I can't find my Franchise mode file from the PS4 version, which of course I was just playing. Is there a specific set of steps I need to follow to get that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Next-Gen Not Loading Current Files?

So nobody has run into this issue? I wondering about offline franchise mode by the way, for those curious. I see the the servers are down, but obviously that should have no impact since my franchise is offline of course.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was wondering the same thing. I am co-commissioner of a 32 team league and while we are not moving the league to the PS5, I would like to copy that league to the PS5 so I can continue as a solo franchise with the team as it is now. We are just getting ready for our 2nd draft, so now seems like a perfect time to do this.

If anyone knows how to do this, let us know.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Next-Gen Not Transferring Current-Gen Franchises?

This is in their FAQ, I have not done it personally as of yet:

You can export multiple Franchise saves, for Classic and Face of the Franchise, to PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S. You will still have your previous generation console save and can continue progress there, but if you want that to carry over any new previous generation progress it would be considered a new next gen import save. Each previous generation import would be a new next generation save. The export does happen directly from previous generation to next generation, with no external file or companion app needed. You can transfer online Franchise and Face of the Franchise (online-only mode). You cannot transfer offline classic Franchise.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2

I’ve asked about rosters not carrying over in the other thread and nothing so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Wow. Well first, thank you for the response. I will say that's incredibly disappointing as an offline franchise player. I don't see why transferring an offline franchise would be such an issue that it couldn't be done, but I should've known there'd be some sort of caveat to the process of upgrading.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, if anyone figures out how to actually do it, please post it. Nice that they put that info in the FAQ, but it doesn't say how to import it into PS5, and I don't see anything that looks like it.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
Rookie

The servers weren’t online yet. They’re online now for ps5 but you have to update the game first. My PS4 file shows up now but I can’t start it yet because EA has disabled the mode for now because of “unusually high server load” — lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »