Home

nerf army/ navy?

This is a discussion on nerf army/ navy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-30-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
nerf army/ navy?

We've all seen the service academies go HAM after a few years in a dynasty and that is now the case in mine at least with Navy... I've seen on here some tips for keeping them out of the top 10 but cannot remember them and can't find through search.

Any tips? change playbooks? Cut players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: nerf army/ navy?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-success.html
Old 11-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #3
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarFromEer
You're a gentleman and a scholar
Old 11-30-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

I just replace them with bad team builder teams. I know that doesn’t answer the question but that was my solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

The trick I've found is to nerf their QB ratings. When you look at it, they are always unrealistically rated for a service school in the passing department. So just go into each QB and put their throw power at 60, and their accuracy at 40. It reflects in sim. Instead of them going 5/7 for 2 TDs and 150 yards or something, it usually comes out to 3/7 for under 100. And optionally along with that, nerf their WRs.

It doesn't completely kill the programs, I still see them get ranked here and there in the 20-25 range on a good season, but it also keeps them from being the classic world beaters that occurs if you don't make the QB edits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 32

One other thing you can do that I haven’t seen on here is to make sure none of their players have redshirted. In real life, the service academies don’t redshirt players and all players get just the 4 years, not up to 5.

Just see if there are any (R)Fr ... and (R)So/(R)Jr, but if you do this every year then you should only need to worry about the freshman.... and edit the redshirt to none and add one for the year. So a (R)Fr becomes a So. I can’t remember if you can do this in game, but you can definitely do it in the editor.

This will give Air Force, Army, and Navy’s players one less season of progressions, which, while not a world changer, will help keep their OVRs at bay.

There’s also something on the forums here about placing these schools on “sanctions” in the editor, which will decide their number of scholarships. I’ve seen a lot of people that haven’t been able to get this to work, and I haven’t tested it myself, but there’s another potential solution.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 12-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

One thing i do is if you use the editor is keep them as a 1 star program. It keeps them from landing 4 and 5 stars even if they have a good year or two

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-06-2020, 04:59 PM   #8
Just started!

I have seen had the same issues with the service academies over the course of multiple dynasties and have been tinkering with how to tone down their winning ways also.

The main thing that I do is edit their committed recruits at the end of the season. In one dynasty, I simply went into the editor and changed all of their recruit commits to their respective #2 or #3 choice (as long as it was not another service academy). This ended up having the desired effect, but what I noticed is that at some point, some high level coach (level 35 or higher) would land as the HC or OC or DC. The teams would suck, never going to a bowl game and the coaches would then get fired right out of the game. Since I was trying to keep most of the high level coaches in the game to make it more challenging, this was an unintended consequence.

Currently I am doing something similar. I will look at the recruiting reports at the end of the year (but before moving to coaching changes) and let the service academies keep all 2* and under recruits, and any recruits 3* and above will get changed to commit to their #2 or #3 choice (again, as long as it's not another service academy). Along with making sure the coaches playbooks are not option based, after 4 seasons, this strategy has worked out quite well.

So far what I have seen from this method is that Army, Navy, and Air Force will still land an occasional 4* or 5* player during the off season since I wiped out most of their committed recruits. They will also land more transfers from other schools who would not normally transfer there because they only landed 6 or 8 players during the recruiting cycle. So, I end up nerfing the 4* and 5* players' (and the transfers) stats who show up on their rosters at the beginning of next season to keep them from blowing up. I have also been editing their school ratings to keep them at a 1* level, but they seem to still attract 3* and above players. It seems to be based on the HC's recruiting rank, but it's hard to keep those type of coaches from landing there from time to time, unless you wanted to go into the editor and swap them with other, lower level coaches.

Either way, it is a fair amount of work to put in each season, just to keep them in check. Until a better way is found, it seems like this is waht we have to work with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »