Home

OS Roundtable - Do You Like Next-Gen NBA 2K21?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable - Do You Like Next-Gen NBA 2K21? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Pretty simple question for the roundtable this time around. After one week, do you like next-gen...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Glad people seem to be enjoying it.

There are still SO MANY ISSUES with even the most fundamental aspects of the game: Movement is still incredibly floaty. Animations between two players are either non-existent (just watch players moving around to set up plays or run a screen, or try to run past a teammate without hitting an invisible wall and running in place with no animation present between the two players) or over-exaggerated (attempt a layup in traffic and your player animates like he’s made out of rubber and flails wildly to put up a ridiculous looking attempt).

Help defense needs a lot of work. AI decision making on both ends of the court needs a LOT of work. The game overall just needs a lot of work.

But it’s still fun as hell and looks incredible

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-20-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just wish I could play it. Lost my job due to Covid, unemployment ran out and even had Covid. Still thankful though, lots of people lost family members and lots are in the hospital dealing with it. I consider myself blessed.* After all the game is a material thing. Someday I will get back on my feet God willing and this and Madden will be the first games I get on whatever system I can get by then.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
Just started!

MaxQ's Arena

Re: OS Roundtable - Do You Like Next-Gen NBA 2K21?

^^^ God Bless. Wishing you continued health. You’ll be back on the sticks soon.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

vleboy's Arena

Do I like it heck no............ I LOVE IT the gameplay is off the chain. You can no longer get a trash team and win it makes My NBA worth playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm really enjoying it, the fact that I can shoot and make shots even if I'm .0001 away from getting green on the shot meter makes it much more enjoyable for me.* The two things I don't like is how on defense, defenders sometimes seems to skate/slide past where I want them to be and are caught out of position in guarding their man.* Also, I'm a broadcast view player and the camera angle in triple threat, especially online, leaves areas where you can't see you player, and if your opponent has a different angle, they can see areas of the floor you can't, and find open players.* Still, a great game I play every day.* *
Old 11-20-2020, 07:12 PM   #7
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

I want to but they butchered rec so I have no reason to play. I wish they would overhaul the rec center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2020, 09:43 PM   #8
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Half of the people in the round table discussion haven't even played half the modes.

The city only allows 100 people at a time split between four parks and all types of other shops. There are extreme lag and frame rate issues especially in the city, And that's with the city being practically dead due to the 100 person limit.

But half of these people have never played in the city so it's hard for them to have any opinion about this game.

Not trying to hate. The gameplay is pretty good and just need some tweaks, But if you're lagging massively when there are only 100 people in the city, I can't even imagine what will happen when they actually get the limit to 200 people like it should be. And if they don't up the limit there aren't going to be any park games going on. This is a huge issue. But not something you would know anything about if you only play play now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »