Home

Conference Spreadsheet Question... Is This Fair?

This is a discussion on Conference Spreadsheet Question... Is This Fair? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Conference Spreadsheet Question... Is This Fair?

So I started keeping a spreadsheet. All the team logos are in a spreadsheet. At the end of the season, I record the standings. I use custom conferences. In the ACC, Navy won the North. Virginia Tech won the South. Navy won the ACC championship. This gave VT another loss. So, now Miami is ahead of VT. If I record it this way in the spreadsheet, it looks like Navy played Miami in the ACC championship. Is this fair? I mean VT actually made it to the championship game. Should I leave VT ahead of Miami in the spreadsheet? Just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Conference Spreadsheet Question... Is This Fair?

For me, I don't include the win or loss from the conference championship game in the Conference wins-losses on my spreadsheet. In real life, the conference championship game only gets included in the overall standings.. If you do it that way, you can keep VT and Miami in the same positions on your spreadsheet if you arrange your standings by conference wins.

Last edited by MLcardinalfan; 11-18-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Conference Spreadsheet Question... Is This Fair?

Exactly. No postseason game is counted in conference standings within the NCAA -- for any sport.
I've been a sports info. dir. at a variety of colleges for nearly 20 years and I've tried to get EA to change this error for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »