Home

No clinch denial

This is a discussion on No clinch denial within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
No clinch denial

I know this dead horse has been flogged to death already. But seriously, what were y’all thinking? Why can’t I deny someone from grabbing my head?

The design choices in this game were made by people who don’t understand MMA, I also don’t care if you roll BJJ with your homies recreationally, that doesn’t mean squat and it’s obvious from the ground game being... what it is.

But seriously, cmon guys. Maybe y’all just didn’t try hard because you weren’t sure if the UFC wouldn’t resign you. But damn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
Pro

Re: No clinch denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I know this dead horse has been flogged to death already. But seriously, what were y’all thinking? Why can’t I deny someone from grabbing my head?

The design choices in this game were made by people who don’t understand MMA, I also don’t care if you roll BJJ with your homies recreationally, that doesn’t mean squat and it’s obvious from the ground game being... what it is.

But seriously, cmon guys. Maybe y’all just didn’t try hard because you weren’t sure if the UFC wouldn’t resign you. But damn
Fighting someone with a gaming monitor, who always picks the best fighter, AND spams clinch is pretty intense. You can only block clinch with headmovent, lunges, or planting and throwing punches. That sounds like a lot of options but it's super hard to actually get away if they are being aggressive with their striking while coming for the clinch
Old 11-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh making the clinch undeniable wasn't a good idea at all. They should have seen the spam coming. It's really annoying playing against ppl who just spam it. Also doesn't help that they have it like a dominant position, where the sub fighter can't really do anything.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh making the clinch undeniable wasn't a good idea at all. They should have seen the spam coming. It's really annoying playing against ppl who just spam it. Also doesn't help that they have it like a dominant position, where the sub fighter can't really do anything.
The sub guy can now block the shots and return punches that deal a ton of damage. It's actually pretty funny dropping guys who keep kneeing you over and over thinking they are winning the trade.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-18-2020, 12:55 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman

Because UFC 4 is all about enforcement, you are enforced to be clinched when just 1 side wanted to, same with take downs, auto converted front kick to knee along with everything else.

4 games in a row, the series is still just a broken experiment ground for incompetent dev's "big ideas" on top of a broken low quality animation pipeline which they pro-claim "da greatest combat system of all time! WAA" meanwhile the input deplay can't hardly execute players exactly input.

I guess the decline of user review from 5.5 - 1.5 taught them nothing, since they sit on a gold mine (UFC license) and EA's carefree management
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
The sub guy can now block the shots and return punches that deal a ton of damage. It's actually pretty funny dropping guys who keep kneeing you over and over thinking they are winning the trade.

Yh I know this but the problem is for the way the clinch works, it definitely shouldn't have been undeniable. Sometimes it even seems to suck you in. But it gives the guy grabbing your head all the options in the world, mainwhile all the defender can do is punch and backup? If the defender had more options i'd be more cool with it, but currently I don't like the fact that it can't be denied. It gets very annoying when someone is constantly grabbing you in it.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh I know this but the problem is for the way the clinch works, it definitely shouldn't have been undeniable. Sometimes it even seems to suck you in. But it gives the guy grabbing your head all the options in the world, mainwhile all the defender can do is punch and backup? If the defender had more options i'd be more cool with it, but currently I don't like the fact that it can't be denied. It gets very annoying when someone is constantly grabbing you in it.
The defender can also transition to dominant single over with RB and X or Y (xbox). Not stating this as an argument for or against having a denial. Just trying to help out given the current state.

Old 11-27-2020, 09:36 AM   #8
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
The defender can also transition to dominant single over with RB and X or Y (xbox). Not stating this as an argument for or against having a denial. Just trying to help out given the current state.

Thanks for the tip. Are we able to go for any kind of submissions while in the sub? What about Muay Thai clinch? What happened to that?

I miss the push pull feel of the clinch, this clinch is just a weird tunnel system

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »