Home

Question about attributes

This is a discussion on Question about attributes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-12-2020, 01:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
Question about attributes

With default attributes set ,do players play like they should? Like speedsters , accurate shooters, what I’m basically saying can you tell a difference between players on default?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 04:05 AM   #2
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question about attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
With default attributes set ,do players play like they should? Like speedsters , accurate shooters, what I’m basically saying can you tell a difference between players on default?

I'm guessing you play offline modes(Franchise & BAP) So the answer is NO!!

IMO Stock(OOTB) settings and sliders make the game play horribly inconsistent. You need a solid set of SLIDERS.

again IMO These are BY FAR the best slider set on this forum but start with a base set like this and adjust as you go along depending on the type of game you want to play.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...1-sliders.html

if you have any more questions let me know..

I use these as a base and have adjusted some of the passing sliders to make the game more sloppy.

Good Luck!!

BigBadAss33
Old 11-12-2020, 04:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Not enough in my opinion. What you can do with player you are controlling depends on the sliders, player attributes and your skills to make right things when controlling the player.

How to make snipers effective enough when playing on Superstar or Allstar difficulty level without making all the players do the same? I mean I like to score sometimes with snipe, but if every player could do it, it ruins the gameplay and goaltending.

How to make some of the fastest players fast enough to get breakaways without ruining the gameplay making it just a breakaway fest?

How to make puck loose, but without ruining the gameplay. For me loose puck is something else than not have a skill to carry puck or lose a puck all the time when deking. NHL level player can carry a puck and deke without losing a puck all the time. Even I can do it. For me loose puck means a puck is not glued on stick on situations where puck carrier gets pressure (pokechecks, hits etc.). It means sometime a pass will bounce from player’s stick if a player not ready to get a pass. But losing a puck when skating straight line...no way NHL level player loses puck then. No way he loses a puck when he turns, and mostly he doesn't lose it when he dekes if he doesn't get pressure.

How to give some players ability to give some huge hits and at same time most of the hits are only subtle.

How to make strongest players so strong, that they could take hits and control a puck after that.

How to make goalies to be more active and play puck more often.

How to make some bad passing but at same time make most of passing successful.

In my opinion it’s not possible to do this all with sliders. You need to change radically player attributes to achieve this goal. You have to make so big changes to player attributes, that your rosters are not optimzed for franchise mode. To make it work best way possible, you need to have a slider set matching with changes you make on player attributes.

Last edited by oosterbe; 11-12-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:27 AM   #4
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosterbe
Not enough in my opinion. What you can do with player you are controlling depends on the sliders, player attributes and your skills to make right things when controlling the player.

How to make snipers effective enough when playing on Superstar or Allstar difficulty level without making all the players do the same? I mean I like to score sometimes with snipe, but if every player could do it, it ruins the gameplay and goaltending.

How to make some of the fastest players fast enough to get breakaways without ruining the gameplay making it just a breakaway fest?

How to make puck loose, but without ruining the gameplay. For me loose puck is something else than not have a skill to carry puck or lose a puck all the time when deking. NHL level player can carry a puck and deke without losing a puck all the time. Even I can do it. For me loose puck means a puck is not glued on stick on situations where puck carrier gets pressure (pokechecks, hits etc.). It means sometime a pass will bounce from player’s stick if a player not ready to get a pass. But losing a puck when skating straight line...no way NHL level player loses puck then. No way he loses a puck when he turns, and mostly he doesn't lose it when he dekes if he doesn't get pressure.

How to give some players ability to give some huge hits and at same time most of the hits are only subtle.

How to make strongest players so strong, that they could take hits and control a puck after that.

How to make goalies to be more active and play puck more often.

How to make some bad passing but at same time make most of passing successful.

In my opinion it’s not possible to do this all with sliders. You need to change radically player attributes to achieve this goal. You have to make so big changes to player attributes, that your rosters are not optimzed for franchise mode. You need to have a slider set matching with changes you make on player attributes.

I don't agree. Im using Cyclonic sliders and there is a MAJOR difference between everything you just pointed out. At least I see it happen a lot of the time. Now im also not saying that a 4th line guy doesn't snipe on occasion because IRL they do.

But to each his own
Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
I don't agree. Im using Cyclonic sliders and there is a MAJOR difference between everything you just pointed out. At least I see it happen a lot of the time. Now im also not saying that a 4th line guy doesn't snipe on occasion because IRL they do.

But to each his own
Haven't tested his sliders or anyone else's but Cycloniac himself is going to make rosters too to match with his sliders to get more separation between players (basically he is making same thing as me, but my way is to use wider scale to get overalls and attributes vary more, Cycloniac's rosters are made for franchise mode, so he could not use so wide scale). Everybody has his own way to play and I like to make sliders for me to fulfill my ideas of what makes a game even more enjoyable for me. I guess that's the idea of sliders, adjust the game better for your own way to play. I guess we both agree that OOTB NHL 21 could have more player separation than it has.

Last edited by oosterbe; 11-12-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
MVP

One of the main reasons I was asking is because I adjusted attributes to 10 then it seemed like neutral zone pressure was gone after that. I thought that would make players play to there abilities.

Old 11-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

AE at 10/10 makes the separation too drastic imo. I used to be a AE 10/10 guy but I've settled on 7/10. I feel like my sliders offer a solid mix of video game and real hockey on the Pro level with a lot of goal variety. I run 5 minute periods now (post says 6) and I feel like I get a good mix of having to think about who I'm controlling without making the game so sloppy that it's not very fun.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
AE at 10/10 makes the separation too drastic imo. I used to be a AE 10/10 guy but I've settled on 7/10. I feel like my sliders offer a solid mix of video game and real hockey on the Pro level with a lot of goal variety. I run 5 minute periods now (post says 6) and I feel like I get a good mix of having to think about who I'm controlling without making the game so sloppy that it's not very fun.

Do you still get neutral zone pressure on you on 7

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »