Home

Getting TB Under Salary Cap Prior to Franchise Start

This is a discussion on Getting TB Under Salary Cap Prior to Franchise Start within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Getting TB Under Salary Cap Prior to Franchise Start

What has everyone done to get the Tampa Bay Lightning under the salary cap before they start their franchise?

I want to start my franchise but I cannot figure out what to do to get them under the salary cap. If I do nothing then their big 3 RFAs (Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak) all sign 1 year deals for about $1,000,000 each. This is not realistic. If I move those 3 guys to the minors and replace them with others, they still sign the same contracts. For other teams, I just lower their roster to the bare minimum of 20 players to get them under the salary cap but there's no way to do this with TB as they only have 20 guys on their roster to start. If the franchise is started with a team over the salary cap, the game lowers the salary of everyone on the team by the necessary percentage to get the team under the cap. I don't want that to happen.

Any suggestions?

My next attempt is going to be to move Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde to teams that can afford them and replace them with minor leaguers. This would be the these two guys were claimed on waivers move but I am hoping that someone has a better solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Getting TB Under Salary Cap Prior to Franchise Start

I moved Gourde to Florida and Johnson to Detroit before starting. Funny thing is Tampa immediately traded for Jeff Carter and didn't sign their RFAs anyway...
Old 11-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Other players stay RFA and can be offer-sheeted except the three from Tampa, it makes no sense.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:37 AM   #4
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstyx78
What has everyone done to get the Tampa Bay Lightning under the salary cap before they start their franchise?

I want to start my franchise but I cannot figure out what to do to get them under the salary cap. If I do nothing then their big 3 RFAs (Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak) all sign 1 year deals for about $1,000,000 each. This is not realistic. If I move those 3 guys to the minors and replace them with others, they still sign the same contracts. For other teams, I just lower their roster to the bare minimum of 20 players to get them under the salary cap but there's no way to do this with TB as they only have 20 guys on their roster to start. If the franchise is started with a team over the salary cap, the game lowers the salary of everyone on the team by the necessary percentage to get the team under the cap. I don't want that to happen.

Any suggestions?

My next attempt is going to be to move Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde to teams that can afford them and replace them with minor leaguers. This would be the these two guys were claimed on waivers move but I am hoping that someone has a better solution.

I don't do anything as I don't play as Tampa, but if I did I would be trading the OLDER players like Mcdonaugh, Johnson, Kilorn.

IRL they are ****ed this year.. be thankful they won the 2020 Covid Cup Tournament because they are going to lose 2 of the 3 HOPEFULLY to offer sheets before this year.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
I don't do anything as I don't play as Tampa, but if I did I would be trading the OLDER players like Mcdonaugh, Johnson, Kilorn.

IRL they are ****ed this year.. be thankful they won the 2020 Covid Cup Tournament because they are going to lose 2 of the 3 HOPEFULLY to offer sheets before this year.
And TB is pretty screwed, three young RFAs, with less than $3M in cap room according to CapFriendly.com.

I'm thankful that NHL 21 doesn't take into account potential performance bonuses, cause my Rangers would lose $3.95M in cap room, they're less than $1M under right now after signing Strome and Lemieux to 2yr deals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hmmmm I think my approach would be to trade Vasilevskiy for a cheaper option plus picks.

Also, EA did Cirelli dirty with a super low overall, so you can probably replace with a two-way deal

Last edited by capnlarge; 11-16-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #7
Rookie

I ended up moving Yanni Gourde to LA and Ondrej Palat to Ottawa. I also changed the contract values of Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak to around $4M each without actually putting any years on those numbers. They all started the franchise with 1 year deals for the amounts that I changed their salaries to.

I was happy with the results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »