Home

Striking timings and ridiculous counters

This is a discussion on Striking timings and ridiculous counters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Striking timings and ridiculous counters

This post Was from Reddit so I do not take credit for this but I feel like he has a point

So I’ve been playing this game for a while now and I actually train striking in real life and some of the timings and counters this game has are ridiculous. I tend to play against AI just to kill time and I know they input read but some of the counters they are using make no sense. The biggest thing is your character completely letting their hands down any time they throw a strike. When you’re striking you don’t throw a body uppercut like you’re flexing for some body building pose, you cover your chin with one arm/hand as you strike with the other. Same with any of the other strikes. I just notice situations that are ridiculous in this game. Sometimes I’ll throw an elbow and they counter me with an overhand, not only would you leave your chin wide open doing that but the elbow would land and you’d most likely punch past their head. Another one is when they throw a spinning back fist I’ll try to counter with a jab cross and a majority of the time I take the worst of the damage, if you’re spinning your chin towards my cross and I hit you with that it’s going to do significantly more damage and take a lot off of that backfist. Also if I throw a body cross they can counter me with an uppercut even if they initiate the uppercut after I already hit them. In an actual match someone would already be returning to their stance and out of the pocket and that uppercut would almost always miss. Not to mention the strikes where you can see that you obviously hit them but the game acts like you completely whiffed. There’s quite a few more weird striking situations but these are the ones I notice the most in my matches. I just find this really off putting and I really don’t like how it effects the striking in this game and there doesn’t really seem to be a reason to have it this way. In almost all the situations slower strikes are beating out faster strikes and in some of them almost completely negating the faster strikes which doesn’t seem to make sense.

Last edited by JaylenWright2k32; 11-09-2020 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Messed up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2020, 10:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Striking timings and ridiculous counters

Yeah the AI definitely has some cued up counters, regardless of what I have been told by the devs.

Their Uppercut homing missles are ridiculous, they will uppercut a low single leg. If you throw naked headkicks they will almost always time you early with their own headkick, and yeah spinning backfist of doom. I generally wait out to see if the AI is equipped to throw spinning back fist, if they are I don't even play around in the pocket or throw risky shots.

In a way though it does help balance the AI given that once you obtain a certain skill level they aren't that hard unless you have a bad statistical matchup. It's mostly a matter of being very defensive.
There really isn't any point working the body IMO against the AI. I made a head hunting caf and I went 40-0 in legendary with all first round kos. I tried making a caf that gameplanned similar to GSP and would get slept

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »