Home

Best way to enjoy this game from football perspective!

This is a discussion on Best way to enjoy this game from football perspective! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2020, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best way to enjoy this game from football perspective!

First off, I use Matt10s sliders.

Defense, use player lock camera. You can play as anyone. Just play your spot and trust your team mates. Don’t over commit your gap assignment. Can even have fun playing as DBs and rock it with safeties.

Offense, use player lock camera. Use on RB for run and QB for pass. RPO type plays is optional . Can even use receivers.

Feels like a completely new and refreshing experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Best way to enjoy this game from football perspective!

Huge fan of "No switch defense" style of gameplay myself. Same goes for offense, I don't user catch. Another thing that has made my madden experience a bit more fun, is the "suggested" play calling on both defense and offense. Instead of picking what o felt was the best play out of the three suggested, I implemented what I call "OC/DC play call". I use the top play given and from top to bottom, I rotate the play I call.

This forced me to try plays I never would have selected or even bothered trying. Things I have noticed thus far have been pretty fun. Putting drives together feels more rewarding. And on defense, I've gambled with blitzes in critical situations. It really changed the emotions of the game. This also countered the A.I.'s sometimes stupid playcalling.

Before games, I change my coaches playbook to a different one, on both offense and defense. I don't stray to far from my scheme, but switching it up keeps thing unpredictable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-05-2020, 04:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Huge fan of "No switch defense" style of gameplay myself. Same goes for offense, I don't user catch. Another thing that has made my madden experience a bit more fun, is the "suggested" play calling on both defense and offense. Instead of picking what o felt was the best play out of the three suggested, I implemented what I call "OC/DC play call". I use the top play given and from top to bottom, I rotate the play I call.

This forced me to try plays I never would have selected or even bothered trying. Things I have noticed thus far have been pretty fun. Putting drives together feels more rewarding. And on defense, I've gambled with blitzes in critical situations. It really changed the emotions of the game. This also countered the A.I.'s sometimes stupid playcalling.

Before games, I change my coaches playbook to a different one, on both offense and defense. I don't stray to far from my scheme, but switching it up keeps thing unpredictable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
I like to use the coaching suggestions too but in doing so it made me take a deeper dive. The plays that come up don’t always match the game plan within the playbook itself. Now if you look at it you can see certain plays have number of times called where others don’t. When I dove into the playbooks and looked at game plan when creating a playbook, I noticed quite a few formations aren’t used although they are in the playbook. I think to get a true sim feel from this feature I’m going to create the playbook and delete all the plays and formations not included in the game plan. Thus, when I use the 3 window play call screen in coaching suggestions it will only have the plays that are in the actual game plan.

Another thing I noticed that I don’t understand. Keep in mind I’m a student of the game so I’m trying to understand what I found. But, the 34 base defenses only have cover 1 robber and a few fire zones with a default press. A lot of the 43 defenses have a ton of default press plays. Curious if the fire zone blitzes mixed in with man coverage are the reasoning. Just found it interesting.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Also, simply using Player lock on both sides really enhances the on field feel.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I just wanna know how to make the gameplay harder. I play on AM sim and I blow the CPU out every game. The CPU can’t score on me no matter what team I use or go up against.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I just wanna know how to make the gameplay harder. I play on AM sim and I blow the CPU out every game. The CPU can’t score on me no matter what team I use or go up against.
I think using Matt10 sliders, using player lock on both sides of the ball and using the game plan to call plays works well. Hard to win with a bad team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »