Home

AWFL S1 2nd Quarter Power Rankings

This is a discussion on AWFL S1 2nd Quarter Power Rankings within the After Work Football League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > After Work Football League
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AWFL S1 2nd Quarter Power Rankings

We're at the halfway point of our first season... which means it's time for the S1 2nd Quarter Power Rankings.

1. Cincinnati Bengals (7-1): Q1 Rank: 1. As a very wise man once tweeted: Winning is fun.

2. Seattle Seahawks (6-1): Q1 Rank: 3. Danny's offense looks to be near unstoppable, but his defense is what makes him so difficult to beat.

3. Philadelphia Eagles (7-1): Q1 Rank: 7. BR is a clear Super Bowl contender and has one of the top teams in the league. BR is also the only one who is surprised by his 7-1 start.

4. Denver Broncos (5-2): Q1 Rank: 6. Can we suspend Drew Lock yet?

5. New England Patriots (5-2): Q1 Rank: 8. I really like what Coach Lewis is doing on offense. If you are a guy who is struggling to find an identity, I suggest you watch a New England stream. He's turning it over a bit too much, but he knows exactly who he is on offense. Defensively, he's making you throw into one of the game's best secondaries. I think it's going to bode well against better users.

6. New York Jets (7-1): Q1 Rank: 11. The Jets have the #1 offense in the league. Kareem Hunt is looking like the midseason favorite for MVP. Unfortunately, the feast-or-famine defense ranks #31 against the pass. Someone fire Gregg Williams.

7. Green Bay Packers (6-1): Q1 Rank: 4. The offense has fallen off a bit, but the defense is still very real. If Cheez can continue to avoid turnovers, he's looking like the favorite in the NFCN.

8. Tennessee Titans (4-3): Q1 Rank: 2. 3 losses in a row for BigK. Can he find the efficient passing offense he needs to compliment a strong run game and very good defense?

9. Chicago Bears (6-2): Q1 Rank: 9. Perry's tendency to underutilize a successful run game and instead throw interceptions has made appearances in both losses. The defense is scary, though.

10. Houston Texans (4-3): Q1 Rank: 14. Seran's defense has arrived. The offense has not. Plz no one teach him how to run the ball again.

11. Atlanta Falcons (5-3): Q1 Rank: 19. HGR has quietly worked played himself into first place. Todd Gurley's resurrection is a big reason why. Can Gurley join the 2K club?

12. Miami Dolphins (4-4): Q1 Rank: 16. So yeah I'm pretty sure Arlen is just trying to win Rookie of the Year with Tua.

13. Indianapolis Colts (3-4): Q1 Rank: 23. Striker is starting to come around with big wins vs. Cincinnati and Detroit, but both the offensive and defensive units are league average at best. The defense has scored a LOT of points. He's proven he can compete vs. top players, but can he do it consistently?

14. Carolina Panthers (4-4): Q1 Rank: 13. ZCar is right in the thick of the race in the NFCS. It's going to come down to improving his 55.4% completion and 12:23 TD:INT numbers. I would suggest leaning on CMC, but he's well on his way to a 2000 yard season. Teddy has just got to do a better job of taking some easier throws and avoiding difficult 3rd down situations.

15. Los Angeles Rams (4-4): Q1 Rank: 15. WX has turned in two back-to-back strong wins, and I fully expect him to contend for a playoff spot... but he's got to find some sort of run defense if he's actually going to earn a wildcard spot.

16. New Orleans Saints (4-3): Q1 Rank: 5. If I told you that the Saints defense was #3 in total yardage, #2 in passing yards, and #5 in rushing yards, would you have them at 4-3? The defense is playing great football... but Drew Brees looks like he's done. It might be time for Hskr to lean on Alvin and an elite offensive line.

17. Arizona Cardinals (3-4): Q1 Rank: 12. Kyler has missed some time, but the question now becomes whether or not Pawn will figure out how to best utilize him this season. TBD.

18. Dallas Cowboys (3-4): Q1 Rank: 27. Could the Cowboys be working back into playoff contention? Both the offense and defense are now league-average. Dak is playing more efficient football, and Zeke is having a great season. He very nearly beat BR. If Charter can find consistency and stick with this recipe, this could be a wildcard team.

19. Kansas City Chiefs (4-4): Q1 Rank: 18. The offensive stats are eye-popping, but the defense is among the league's worst units. BBJ... whatever you're doing on defense - do something else.

20. Baltimore Ravens (3-4): Q1 Rank: 17. We're getting to the part of the season where BMore finds success because he always plays good defense. Take the easy throws & you'll be fine.

21. Buffalo Bills (3-5): Q1 Rank: 22. GStar if you read this tag me in chat.

22. Washington Football Team (4-3): Q1 Rank: 21. Antonio Gibson is having quite the year in Washington. Prudent might be finding his identity, but Haskins still has a ways to go if he wants to be in the wildcard conversation.

23. Minnesota Vikings (2-5): Q1 Rank: 20. IDK what to do with Felgar. He has the #1 pass defense. That's a weird thing to have and be 2-5. Captain Kirk looks like the issue on O at 52.6% and a 10:24 TD:INT ratio. That's not good. Dalvin is though. Go Noles.

24. Cleveland Browns (3-5): Q1 Rank: 26. Schuck is actually playing pretty good defense - he's in the upper half of the league. He also has the #3 run game. So... there's 1 thing missing. Can he find some semblance of a passing game in meaningful situations?

25. Detroit Lions (2-5): Q1 Rank: 10. OK so RFF stinks, moving on.

26. San Francisco 49ers (2-6): Q1 Rank: 29. San Francisco has played one of the tougher schedules in the league thus far. I expect the defense to stabilize in the 2nd half, but as G$ knows, he has got to cut out the turnovers (5:20 TD:INT for Jimmy G) and lean on the league's #4 run game.

27. New York Giants (3-5): Q1 Rank: 24. The league's #1 rushing offense is going to waste with one of the league's worst defenses and a passer who is completing 50.2% of his passes to his own team & 10.5% to the other team. Sounds like the Giants to me.

28. Las Vegas Raiders (1-6): Q1 Rank: 30. Derek Carr is completing just 48.9% of his passes on the season. I thought he was supposed to be elite? Yiiiiiikes RP!

29. Los Angeles Chargers (1-7): Q1 Rank: 31. Ace has a Top 10 run defense so far and plenty of talent in the second level. He needs to cut his interceptions in half and lean on an above average running game to find more success.

30. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5): Q1 Rank: 28 If this was the AWFL internet power rankings, Jacksonville would be in last place.

31. Tampa Bay Bucs (2-6): Q1 Rank: 25. One of the league's worst defensive units has been the driving force behind a disappointing season for a talented team in Tampa.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-6): Q1 Rank: 32. The Steelers finally broke into the win column, but the worst organization in professional sports still finds itself in the bottom spot.

Last edited by nb935; 10-05-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > After Work Football League »