Home

Why doesnt the time of day change during games?

This is a discussion on Why doesnt the time of day change during games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Why doesnt the time of day change during games?

So Im playing a 4:15 start time game in franchise mode. Get to the fourth qtr and have to leave my play session for a min so I turn off the PS4.

I come back in 30 mins, boot up madden, resume franchise game and suddenly, Im in a night time game and it dawns on me.

The daylight effects dont change during the game like I assume they are suppose to between quarters. Because when I reloaded the game, it updated the lighting to reflect time passing.

Is there an issue with the game? Is there a fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why doesnt the time of day change during games?

I think madden 12 had where each quarter you played the sun would set differently and if during the later part of the season it would be dark by the 4th quarter. I don’t know why they went away from that
Old 10-04-2020, 11:54 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Never realized that when you resume an afternoon game in the 2nd half it makes it dark. I may have to use this as a workaround to get some variation in my games. On a different note when I choose an alternate uniform and resume later it often returns me to the default uniform. My only game since the latest patch returned me to an alternate uniform upon resuming game. Don't know if this was a fluke or something from the patch.

I miss progressive lighting in Madden. In all fairness the shadows of an afternoon game do tend to get longer as the game goes on but it really doesn't progressively get any darker.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:03 AM   #4
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

it would be cool if it started raining or snowing during the game
Old 10-05-2020, 12:51 AM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Never realized that when you resume an afternoon game in the 2nd half it makes it dark. I may have to use this as a workaround to get some variation in my games. On a different note when I choose an alternate uniform and resume later it often returns me to the default uniform. My only game since the latest patch returned me to an alternate uniform upon resuming game. Don't know if this was a fluke or something from the patch.

I miss progressive lighting in Madden. In all fairness the shadows of an afternoon game do tend to get longer as the game goes on but it really doesn't progressively get any darker.
The only thing that kinda sucks about doing this is if you were having a great game and then you quit, then restart it then it could “restart” the game and then it will become all wonky and weird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I've noticed the time of day change a bit during games. If you start at 4 PM and are playing longer quarters, there will be night lighting by the end of the game.

Could the progressive lighting be way better??? Absolutely. But, in some sense it's there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 10-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

The time of day changes for me. 4 PM games are great: from long shadows at kickoff to a full night game by the fourth quarter.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I've noticed the time of day change a bit during games. If you start at 4 PM and are playing longer quarters, there will be night lighting by the end of the game.

Could the progressive lighting be way better??? Absolutely. But, in some sense it's there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
How long are your quarters? I only see very mild "Golden sun" style with shadows but I have never noticed the lights come on and become the prominent source making it look more like a night game. I'm playing 9 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. I remember this in PS2 era Madden 08 where it would change drastically by quarter to the point where the 4th quarter just looked like a night game outright.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »