Home

Input Delay Seeming Really Bad At Times? Way Worse Than UFC3

This is a discussion on Input Delay Seeming Really Bad At Times? Way Worse Than UFC3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-02-2020, 05:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Input Delay Seeming Really Bad At Times? Way Worse Than UFC3

Anybody else been having issues with input delay? Lot of times I'll move the stick to slip and it wont do it or do it too late, I'll try and uppercut and it'll come out as a leg kick or body kick, I'll try to slip counter with a straight but there is input delay on the straight so it doesn't land right, etc. Sometimes the input delay it's way worse than other times.

Just a lot of instances of delayed inputs, often inputs that don't work at all, (fakes not working, strikes coming late or not at all, transition fakes being delayed messing things up, etc).

The input delay issue has caused me a few fights and I feel like it's gotten almost worse since the game came out.

What do you guys think? Are you experiencing similar input delay problems? BTW this is a brand new controller and I have tried others plus it's connected by USB not wireless which is the best you can get to prevent any input delay... so that leads me to believe it's the game.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Input Delay Seeming Really Bad At Times? Way Worse Than UFC3

I experience this frequently - something I almost never experienced in UFC3. I think the window to input the "combos" has been shortened resulting in what feels like input lag. It isn't conducive to fluid gameplay.

edit: I'm also really struggling to pull back strikes that have been out for what feels like a millisecond - again no issue doing this in UFC3.

edit2: Another thing that bothers me is that almost every fighter in LHW and HW feels awful to use - like they're stuck in the mud.

Last edited by TurkeyOfJive; 10-02-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I experience this frequently - something I almost never experienced in UFC3. I think the window to input the "combos" has been shortened resulting in what feels like input lag. It isn't conducive to fluid gameplay.

edit: I'm also really struggling to pull back strikes that have been out for what feels like a millisecond - again no issue doing this in UFC3.

edit2: Another thing that bothers me is that almost every fighter in LHW and HW feels awful to use - like they're stuck in the mud.

Yeah I can barley use heavyweight at all because it's sooo slowww and sluggish. LHW is more bearable but compared to middleweight it feels 10x slower and it shouldn't.

If it was just the combos having to be inputting faster, then you wouldn't be getting input delay on lunges and slips with just the right stick. I played UFC 3 a lot and was div 6 so I know what denials should feel like and there are plenty of times where I know I denied a transition, especially one of the easy *** ones to read, but they get through anyway and with all the other issues it has to be input delay.

Something is definitely wrong.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Angry Re: Input Delay Seeming Really Bad At Times? Way Worse Than UFC3

I'm also noticing issues with hit recognition. I've heard others mention this too but I saw it clear as day in a fight I just had. My opponent threw an overhand that I was 100% out of the way of (I went back and checked the recording and even slowed it frame by frame) I was at least 3 inches (in game inches) away and it connected. I was shocked like wtf? You play this game long enough you know when you're clearly out of range of a strike I mean the obvious ones.

This was one of those occasions and I'm telling you it connected anyway.

So between the input lag and the hit recognition...it's a real problem. Causes you to lose fights problem.

Any devs out there please compare the input lag and hit recognition of UFC 3 to right now in UFC 4 and guaranteed you'll see exactly what we're talking about. Please fix this stuff. I really want to enjoy this game but ya'll seem determined to make people despise it.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
Anybody else been having issues with input delay? Lot of times I'll move the stick to slip and it wont do it or do it too late, I'll try and uppercut and it'll come out as a leg kick or body kick, I'll try to slip counter with a straight but there is input delay on the straight so it doesn't land right, etc. Sometimes the input delay it's way worse than other times.

Just a lot of instances of delayed inputs, often inputs that don't work at all, (fakes not working, strikes coming late or not at all, transition fakes being delayed messing things up, etc).

The input delay issue has caused me a few fights and I feel like it's gotten almost worse since the game came out.

What do you guys think? Are you experiencing similar input delay problems? BTW this is a brand new controller and I have tried others plus it's connected by USB not wireless which is the best you can get to prevent any input delay... so that leads me to believe it's the game.

Thoughts?
It was as bad as in UFC 3 but in a different way, quite frankly Input delay in EA's UFC will NEVER go away when the game is built on a failed technology - physics engine with a even worse physics depending animation system that was built by Geoff since UFC1. The root cause can't change when you started with a failed foundation to begin with, plus the massive lagging EA online server only add oil to the wild fire

I mean physics if fun, and this kind input delay is totally tolerable in offline gameplay or if you have a component team that can properly build it, but that team is definitely not EA Sports

Physics crapstorm > players input command, this is the core gameplay of all EA's UFC games.

Last edited by Windtear; 10-03-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #6
Banned

Naw it’s pretty much the same as far as previous games. Hit detection is atrocious tho. Way too times
A 1-2 body kick whiffs because the weird hit boxes
Old 10-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

I'm definitely finding the inputs to be a bit more laggy than in 3....and I'm strictly offline.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless taken
Naw it’s pretty much the same as far as previous games. Hit detection is atrocious tho. Way too times
A 1-2 body kick whiffs because the weird hit boxes
I don't know man I jumped on UFC 3 quickly just to see and both the input delay and hit detection was noticeably better.

I'm trying to remember (really just hope this game gets better) that UFC 3 was a total mess in the beginning. It didn't get to the stage it was in at the end for a while. It took like 5 major patches where they introduced entire new game mechanics.

So while it doesn't seem like the devs on UFC 4 without the lead guy from UFC 3 working there anymore, care as much to put in all the work to this game as was put into UFC 3... I'm still hoping hah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »