Home

Hey Dev's...look at the numbers to your crappy game you wont fix

This is a discussion on Hey Dev's...look at the numbers to your crappy game you wont fix within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2020, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Hey Dev's...look at the numbers to your crappy game you wont fix

As of right now today 9/23/20 the player count for UFC 4 is:

PS4: 830,000

The player count for UFC 3? 10,900,000 with 210,000 actually added since UFC 4's release.

Current for UFC 4 Xbox: 560,000

Player count for UFC 3? 5,400,000 with 460,000 added since UFC 4's release.

These numbers were found by using gamstat.com

So... I'm sure you guys at EA must know this and if you don't bring a patch (and I mean a big one and soon) that addresses the huge collection of massive issues the entire community has, this game is going to be dead within 6 months. Totally dead.

You have hundreds of thousands of new players opting to play the old game rather than the new one that just came out... Then in general there's 10x as many players who would rather play and are playing UFC 3 then UFC 4 and it just came out. How do you think those numbers are going to look if you don't fix this mess?

If you guys don't care, cool. We'll sadly write this game off as a piece of trash and EA sells the rights to UFC to another company who actually cares and will make a proper UFC/MMA sim.

Last edited by GrindFactor; 09-23-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Hey Dev's...look at the numbers to your crappy game you wont fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
As of right now today 9/23/20 the player count for UFC 4 is:

PS4: 830,000

The player count for UFC 3? 10,900,000 with 210,000 actually added since UFC 4's release.

Current for UFC 4 Xbox: 560,000

Player count for UFC 3? 5,400,000 with 460,000 added since UFC 4's release.

These numbers were found by using gamstat.com

So... I'm sure you guys at EA must know this and if you don't bring a patch (and I mean a big one and soon) that addresses the huge collection of massive issues the entire community has, this game is going to be dead within 6 months. Totally dead.

You have hundreds of thousands of new players opting to play the old game rather than the new one that just came out... Then in general there's 10x as many players who would rather play and are playing UFC 3 then UFC 4 and it just came out. How do you think those numbers are going to look if you don't fix this mess?

If you guys don't care, cool. We'll sadly write this game off as a piece of trash and EA sells the rights to UFC to another company who actually cares and will make a proper UFC/MMA sim.
I may be confused.

Do they lose money if the game is dead online? How do they make money based on how many people are playing online? Can you play the game online if you didn't already buy the game?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Last game is/was practically free tho .... so tons of ppl just messing around with it

When this game drops to $30 or less in a couple months, player base will shift quickly imo

I do wish they waited to release UFC 4 until October when it was more complete and polished but is what it is.

Next patch looks GREAT though .... a couple more like that and UFC 4 will be sitting pretty ... knock on wood
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 09-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I may be confused.

Do they lose money if the game is dead online? How do they make money based on how many people are playing online? Can you play the game online if you didn't already buy the game?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Dont be confused. Online player count has nothing to do with the sales of the game. The large majority of players who own the game play offline and are not included in the online player count of the game.

There are a bunch of reasons why EA should improve the game but the OP's post isnt one of them.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #5
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Last game is/was practically free tho .... so tons of ppl just messing around with it

When this game drops to $30 or less in a couple months, player base will shift quickly imo

I do wish they waited to release UFC 4 until October when it was more complete and polished but is what it is.

Next patch looks GREAT though .... a couple more like that and UFC 4 will be sitting pretty ... knock on wood
Next Patch? Are there details out there already? Being able to transition while postured alone would probably get me on the sticks and playing. T's and P's for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #6
Pro

Hey Dev's...look at the numbers to your crappy game you wont fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
Next Patch? Are there details out there already? Being able to transition while postured alone would probably get me on the sticks and playing. T's and P's for that.

Although finicky, you can transition postured with the right bumper. The options becomes available with a stamina/grapple advantage and are undeniable. Be quick as the transition options do disappear as the sub fighter regains stamina. To see the “dope mount” as it was seemingly patched out of UFC 3 back is cool... Half guard postured up to mount transition. A fighters BJJ or Wrestling move level may impact available transition options.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by SMOKEZERO; 09-23-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:32 AM   #7
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569

They could have waited 10 years to release the game and they'd still put only 3-6 months of work before it released.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Angry Re: Hey Dev's...look at the numbers to your crappy game you wont fix

Whelp and there ya go folks. They had their chance with this patch 3.0 and it's a complete and total TURD. Epic Fail. Ground and pound literally got twice as OP, total opposite of what they said they fixed, stamina now just gets sucked away from both fighters twice as fast, and on and on. You can read my thread about it here. I encourage all to comment.

Still have the crappy one division an hour thing and now you can enjoy getting taken down and G&P spammed since it's now the most powerful thing in the game because the geniuses at EA and Dev's somehow did the exact opposite of what they intended...

Great job guys! Gold stars for you!

Un-be-liev-able!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »