Home

Has anyone started a MyLeague?

This is a discussion on Has anyone started a MyLeague? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Has anyone started a MyLeague?

(If there’s a MyLeague thread please move this there I honestly couldn’t find it)

I noticed when you start a MyLeague that starts at the start of next season, all the people that should have been free agents just have a 1 year contract, making Giannis enter the free Agency with Vanvleet and a dozen other players that won’t be free agents when Giannis is.

For me atleast this makes MyLeague almost unplayable. I get that you can’t use start today until the off-season or whatever, but why not for now then, restart this current season with the contracts that they have this current season, and just put progression and regression down to 0, and put everyone’s age back a year, so that we can just sim that first season and start the myleague in the off-season ourselves?

This is possible to do ourselves if 2k won’t, but this would take a crazy amount of time to research and find every players contracts

Edit: Someone’s actually done it on the PS4, looks pretty good so far.

S/O Online ID Pfinsky

Last edited by FixEverything2k; 09-19-2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Found one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Has anyone started a MyLeague?

I think it’s kind of sad that MyLeague is one of the least popular game modes. I guess I just need to accept that I’m not 2K’s target audience and the majority of people who play 2K are younger and like the trading card games that 2K offers.

The only thing I want out of a basketball game is simulation - I want things to look, feel and sound like it’s a real game. And that’s what MyLeague has attempted to do. While 2K has spent a lot more time on their franchise modes than other companies (*cough* Madden *cough*), I think the days of them adding much more to it are over. I hope I’m wrong (and would love to be proven such).
Old 09-20-2020, 12:45 AM   #3
Pro

I've started one. The contracts and non-updated rosters don't bug me too much as I like to get 4-5 seasons in and start developing my own draftees anyway.

It bugs me how bad CPU roster management is though. I always add expansion teams after the first season, and I have to manually take over NY and Denver to make sure they don't leave Barrett and Porter unprotected, and I also have to manually accept their rookie option.

Also, the Lakers always leave LeBron unprotected in the expansion draft as they have no one else on the list, so I have to manually make a trade to get them some scrub who they can leave unprotected instead.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:18 AM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I believe that they will unlock the start in off-season option when the playoffs are over.

Hopefully they just allow us to input a custom class.

Hopefully they don't wait until after the 2020 draft which is in 2 months on Nov 20...

This is so easy to get right. Hopefully they get it right.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:36 AM   #5
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
I think it’s kind of sad that MyLeague is one of the least popular game modes. I guess I just need to accept that I’m not 2K’s target audience and the majority of people who play 2K are younger and like the trading card games that 2K offers.

The only thing I want out of a basketball game is simulation - I want things to look, feel and sound like it’s a real game. And that’s what MyLeague has attempted to do. While 2K has spent a lot more time on their franchise modes than other companies (*cough* Madden *cough*), I think the days of them adding much more to it are over. I hope I’m wrong (and would love to be proven such).
I agree with you friend, at this point everyone is hoping for the new generation, having a more powerful 2k console should develop better gameplay and hopefully also for my league mode there are those improvements for us offline players.
Also because I think we are all tired of always waiting a couple of months from the launch of the game before diving into my league.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »